Sign in to follow this  
hhahn

Deleting old searches

Hello!

I have an issue that I am certain will be a snap for all you wonderful computer gods! My friend had asked me if there is a way to get rid of the text that appears when you begin to type in a search field (e.g. Google).

If I typed say "PC Pitstop in the google search one day, and then came back another day to look up PC Repairs, when I type PC in the search field it will say PC pitstop below. Is there any way to get rid of that?

Thanks soooo much for the :h3lp:

-Henry

pretty simple to do.. "highlight" the ones you wish removed and hit the delete button on keyboard, if you wish to remove say hundreds quickly, highlight top one and "hold" down the delete button on keyboard until they are gone ( it will quickly scroll through them all, deleting each one ) :)

Edited by Wademan

pretty simple to do.. "highlight" the ones you wish removed and hit the delete button on keyboard, if you wish to remove say hundreds quickly, highlight top one and "hold" down the delete button on keyboard until they are gone ( it will quickly scroll through them all, deleting each one ) :)

That certainly worked very well! Thank you soooo much!

2nd problem :cr@sh:

I guess I wasn't really listening very well because I misunderstood my friend's question :(

He did not want to delete that...He wanted to delete the addresses he previously visted from his address bar. The same type of thing happens as the search, (you begin typing or double-click in the adress bar and the list appears) however the fix above does not work :(

Evidently, he has been visiting naughty sites, and does not want his teenage kids to know :laughing:

Please help this dad!

Actually the best way to do it is open your browser, click Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab>scroll down to Security and put a check mark in Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed.

You can also do this through Control Panel.

Actually the best way to do it is open your browser, click Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab>scroll down to Security and put a check mark in Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed.

You can also do this through Control Panel.

Tried it, but that didn't work. Still able to double-click in the address bar and see all the pages that have been visited :h3lp:

Lol this problem gets more complex as time passes :laughing:

Ok, so he just told me that he needs a manual way to do it as he also needs to remove some from work :nono:

He is an educator, and has gone to sitess like travelocity and such on his "off time"

Now he is worried that anyone can clikc in his address bar and see that he has visited there and ebay and amazon etc... :mrgreen:

Anyway, is there a manual way to delete those addresses instead of downloading and installing a program? As I said, he is an educator...so, the computers in the school are locked up pretty tight and unless you are a sys admin, you cannot install programs.

Also, I had tried this first:

Why can't you just go to tools/internet options/browsing history click delete, delete history?

and all it took care of were the history tab files. It did not get rid of these addresses :pullhair:

Please :h3lp:

He needs to turn off autocomplete in the browser then empty all the temp internet files. Directions If the computers at the school are locked up that tight, he may not have the options available to him to disable these items....therefore....don't surf on company time. :nono: