Sign in to follow this  
dickster

Day 7 smoke free

I know. Since quitting, I've found a sweet tooth I never knew I had. But sugar free lollypops do help.

I'll just be reallocating my sweet tooth. It could cost precious resources and money to get rid of my sweet tooth, so it shall just be reallocated. Sugar free foods I can not stand. My taste buds do not respond well to foods that taste terrible.

Edited by brandon

Sugar free foods I can not stand

I really thought I would hate the chit, but seems it isnt that bad. Use sucking on a butternut sugar candy to cure a crave.

Anything that works. :)

Smoking will be banned in public places in England on July 1st. Can't wait to go to the pub and not come home stinking like an ashtray. :clap:

Well done dickster, I'm proud of you. :)

An update: Now on day 27 of a smoke free life. Yesterday was one of the toughest days so far. Not sure what set them off, but the craves hounded me all day. I didn't give in, and today has been a good one.

26 days, 18 hours, 42 minutes and 49 seconds smoke free.

803 cigarettes not smoked.</B>

$97.50 and 6 days, 3 hours of your life saved.

Dickster.....good stuff, from me (and I remain a smoker....but I can feel the effort to do this).

Evade the hounds of hell ;)

:sparkle:

You are already a non-smoker and congratulations ---- The cravings will come and go -- the anxiety comes from not doing the smoker things that were a major part of the habit --- hand movements and other rituals that go with smoking.

I was walking a group through our Master Gardener Display Garden late last Saturday -- a cancer survivors group -- what a great bunch people to chat with... you may be avoiding a lot of trouble.. keep going -- you will be fine...

:P

Not wanting to spam the board, I waited for a milestone. It happened!

61 days, 57 minutes and 21 seconds smoke free.

1831 cigarettes not smoked.</B>

$228.75 and 13 days, 23 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 4/25/2007

Two months without a puff! Where is the smiley of me patting myself on the back?

Oh well, gotta live with :clap:

Congrats Dickster. It's said in 15 years, your lungs will return to that of a non-smoker's :tup:

Of course, that poster I read didn't specify much of anything.

Been a while since an update. :adios:

145 days, 1 hour, 4 minutes and 41 seconds smoke free.

4351 cigarettes not smoked

$543.75 and 1 month, 3 days, 5 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 4/25/2007

And still smoke free.

N.O.P.E.

Edited by dickster

Bro, it's simple. Go to doc and get Chantix. Start it 1 week before quit date, and you're done. As a 40+ yr smoker, I swear it's that easy! Want to and do it!!

I think that is my problem right now, I don't want to. I know I should. Just 3 days ago my doctor told me my lung capacity was at 43%. I am taking medication now to help improve that.

He also gave me an Rx for medication to help me quit. I trying to get the courage to start it. Problem is, wanting to do it.

I am still wrestling with that.

Take the prescription. I went through 4 or 5 prescriptions of Nicorette and 2 of Zyban before I finally quit by using Zyban for a third time. The stuff Dickster used sounds quite a bit better than Zyban. I'm 5 & 1/2 years smokefree after blowing through 2+ packs a day for 37 years. It took me a few years to get serious about quitting, but you've got to start somewhere.

Great stuff, dickster :D the first person I know here to use the medication you're using has done about a month. Seems to be managing fine too.

It's great med. I've tried many times before, and the craves were killers that I couldn't handle. This Chantix (along with the want to quit) kicks those craves' :filtered:es! I haven't felt like the world would end if I didn't get a smoke. The quit has been far easier then I ever thought possible.

Go in for my annual physical in a month. Will spend the whole time thanking my Dr. for getting me off the death sticks!! :rocks:

congrats dickster

Easiest thing i did was quit smoking. I really dont know why some complain they cannot. Im under the skool of thought that there is no can't but wont or dont want to. I smoked for 9 years , 20 a day and quit upon waking one morning. I just felt so icky when i had my 1st cancer stick of the day, so i decided to stop. It was the best thing ive done for my health. It also saved a lot of $$$, tho english pounds it was at the time.....lol.

Good luck and keep it up. Your thru the worst part now :)

Keith

Edited by doofus