Sign in to follow this  
Chas47448

Add an item to the Send To menu

Very cool Chas! I will use this for my work items that i'm constantly looking to put here and there. You just saved me some time. And NO I am not paying you! :P

The Send To feature is certainly useful, but the method Microsoft has you use to open the folder is utterly stupid!

Just click Start, Run, type Sendto and click OK.

Great tip, but how do you remove destinations off the send to menu?

Open the SendTo folder, right-click the unwanted destination, and click Delete.

If you create a a Shortcut for your removable drive and place it in SendTo menu you can transfer the files same like you do with the HDD.

Provided you have no virtual drive existing alreday otherwise it will change the drive letter everytime you plug the USB into your computer in which case the shortcut won't work properly.

When you have sent the file from the desktop to it's new destination folder, should it not remove the file from the desktop or do you have to delete the desktop copy? Mine stays on the desktop.

Ever wish you could right click a file and send it to a folder? You can add whatever you want to send to menu. Just follow this Windows XP tip.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/s...sendtomenu.mspx

The Microsoft article above is for XP.

To find the sendto folder in Vista, go to My Computer > C> Users > (select user then) > AppData > Roaming > Windows > Microsoft > sendto

QUOTE(EssexBiker @ 10:30pm Sun Nov 11 2007) 1442093[/snapback]

To find the sendto folder in Vista, go to My Computer > C> Users > (select user then) > AppData > Roaming > Windows > Microsoft > sendto

Another method is to press Win+R (or click Start and Run), then type

Shell:SendTo

and click OK. This variation is obviously for us "old-timers" who still like to use a command line ...

Edited by TomGL2