Sign in to follow this  
iamscott

optimize or regcure?

hi. are pc pitstop optimize and regcure similar in any way? i ask because i want to purchase 1, or the other, if they are more, or less, similar in what they do. or do i need to purchase both? any advice would be greatly appreciated. actually, i can only afford one. which is the better way to go?

thanks.

:wp:

You can make a comparison of the two products and see which one better fits your goals:

Optimize: http://www.pcpitstop.com/faq/optimize.asp

RegCure: http://www.regcure.com/

Both products have a registry cleaner but Optimize also tunes your internet settings, cleans up your hard drive of junk files and also adjusts some Windows registry settings to improve your overall system performance. RegCure has a very deep registry cleaner. It will clean up many more registry errors that Optimize does not find. We designed Optimize to look for very specific registry errors so that it would run fast.

And as a reminder, Optimize comes with a 30-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee.

:wp:

You can make a comparison of the two products and see which one better fits your goals:

Optimize: http://www.pcpitstop.com/faq/optimize.asp

RegCure: http://www.regcure.com/

Both products have a registry cleaner but Optimize also tunes your internet settings, cleans up your hard drive of junk files and also adjusts some Windows registry settings to improve your overall system performance. RegCure has a very deep registry cleaner. It will clean up many more registry errors that Optimize does not find. We designed Optimize to look for very specific registry errors so that it would run fast.

And as a reminder, Optimize comes with a 30-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee.

thanks. i wanted to edit my post but couldn't find it in the forum i posted it in. no idea why. i wanted to ask if there's a way to find out if i registered in the past with another name. i'd like to know for sure. anyway, here's the problems i have:

programs/web pages slow to open.

computer startup/shutdown takes a few minutes (8, or 9, on average.)

sometimes i can't double-click anything on my desktop. it's as though my screen is "frozen" although my mouse arrow moves.

not responding "errors". like if a program takes too long to open up and i close it i get a 'program not responding' "error". if i close it again i keep getting the error. it takes a few times of clicking end program before it closes. will optimize, and/or, regure, fix these problems?

thanks.

btw, why couldn't find my post? does it take a while to appear?

Because non-registered users can also post in this forum, we have it set to require approval for all posts.

Have your run any malware scans, defraggers, or disk checks on your computer since the problem started?

The things you are describing sound a little more serious than what these products usually encounter.

If chkdsk comes back OK, the hard drive is not fragmented, and the computer is spyware-free, then I would suggest trying one or both of these products.

First though, you may want to post a Tech Express link with the description of the issues from above in our User to User Help forum.

You can click the yellow TechExpress help under our logo if you need assistance posting your test results.

I'll check to see if you were previously registered. To the best of your recollection, what would the other name have been?

Because non-registered users can also post in this forum, we have it set to require approval for all posts.

Have your run any malware scans, defraggers, or disk checks on your computer since the problem started?

The things you are describing sound a little more serious than what these products usually encounter.

If chkdsk comes back OK, the hard drive is not fragmented, and the computer is spyware-free, then I would suggest trying one or both of these products.

First though, you may want to post a Tech Express link with the description of the issues from above in our User to User Help forum.

You can click the yellow TechExpress help under our logo if you need assistance posting your test results.

I'll check to see if you were previously registered. To the best of your recollection, what would the other name have been?

not sure if i had another name. i'm thinking i may have registered before. not 100% sure. anyway, here's what i usually run: disk cleanup, spyware doctor, diskeeper, registry mechanic. things like that. i do chkdsk once in a while. i'm thinking of buying regcure and optimize. which should i run 1st or doesn't it matter? i'm not computer savvy and the problems i encounter is a bit much for me sometimes. btw, is this my techexpress link? http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=3KV0FWDERLJSNQ7W which forum do i put it in? also, do i just enter the link and my problems?

I'd suggest User to User Help:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=3

Yes, post the issues and your Tech Express. Use the 'New Topic' button and give it a descriptive name like

"Running Slow" or "Slow Startup/Shuitdown".

I'd run Optimize first. If it doesn't fix the problem, your order will be refunded and you can try something else.

I'd suggest User to User Help:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=3

Yes, post the issues and your Tech Express. Use the 'New Topic' button and give it a descriptive name like

"Running Slow" or "Slow Startup/Shuitdown".

I'd run Optimize first. If it doesn't fix the problem, your order will be refunded and you can try something else.

thanks. did i get the url right? i'll do it soon.

ok, i posted it. can you check the user to user forum for my post? i want to know if i should add anything.

thanks. hi. i just had questions about optimize. i purchased it, along with regcure, from tigerdirect.com. aside from the price i paid are there any other fees? (i.e.; year updates/subscriptions, etc.) also, are there any fees for upgrades? i'm getting version 1.5. what is the current version?

Edited by iamscott

ok, i have a question. i found regcure and pc pitstop optimize at tigerdirect.com. a guy said if i buy optimize i don't need regcure as optimize would do, prett much, the same thing as regcure, and more, i think. is this true? i won't buy regcure, too, if optimize will do, pretty much, the same things.