Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

Bad News Today.......

Just got back home. Got a call around 4:00pm this afternoon that my sister-in-law's house was on fire! Boy, was it ever. The fire dept. finally got it under control around 7:00pm but it was too late. It was gutted and not much left standing. They have lost everything. Her husband was at work and she and her daughter went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. It happened while they were gone. The good thing is they are alive. All their pets perished in the fire. I know what they are going through because the same thing happened to my mom back in '88. She lost everything too. Only difference was, she and my youngest brother was in the house. Brother got out but mom didn't. A neighbor kicked the door in and went in on his hands and knees and draged her out. She was in a coma for three days but survived without any damage. Just thought I would share this with everyone. They have really had it rough for the last couuple years though. I am going to go shower now to try to get the smoke smell off of me. What a day!

Thanks Radio, she is going to stay with her mom tonight, the daughter is staying with a neighbor girlfriend tonight and I'm not sure about her husband if he will stay with her or at his dad's. One thing about it, there are plenty of places for them to stay untill they can get back on their feet. All of our family's have open doors so if they want to stay, they are welcome. That's the good thing about having large families!

Very sorry to hear that Signman,,please give my best to the family!! and if you or them need anything at all just let me know,,I can send some things your way if needed,,and I mean anything!!!

Thats always a terrible thing to happen,,and it really hurts bad when its someone who you know and who has helped you in the past!!

Take care my friend and be in touch!!! :) v

im sorry to hear that and i do know how you feel my wife lost her parents in a house fire 5 years ago just after wed left the house it was quite a shock, i am glad everyone is ok

Guest Clutch Cargo

Tragic story. No fatalities but a lifes worth of memories and belongings now gone forever.

My heart goes out to your sister in law and her family.

I was so sorry to read of your families diffficulty. Thank God they are all physically okay. It is wonderful to know your family will pull together thru this disaster. Peace be to all.

I too would like to help in anyway I can.

Thank goodness they are all ok. How hard it must be to see everything gone, just like that. Luckily she's blessed to have all that family around to help out through these tough times. I wish them the best to pull through this.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for y'all, I'd gladly help out.

Signman, Yikes! Two house fires in one family. :( I'm sorry for the tangible

losses and the pets, but your family is still intact. That's the most important

part.

Thanks goodness the family is ok but how sad to lose pets and all the memories that the things in the house represent.

Signman please tell them how sorry we are for their loss. Let us know what we can do. Glad you all are a big family. It will help.

Really sorry to hear about that Signman, but I'm glad everyone's O.K. (sad that the pets had to perish though).

Things are (relatively) easy to replace, lives aren't. -kd5-

like expressed by the other members, i'm really sorry for your tragic circumstances and am glad that at least your family members are alright.

take care and remember you and your family will have brighter days in the future.

So sorry to hear your news Signman, wish there was something I could do to help. Take care of yourself and your family.

Sorry to hear!! Remember when I was a kid, we lost everything in a house fire. Luckily no people or pets, but took us a long while to recover!! Wish the best for them.

So sorry for your family's loss. It's good that your family is helpful and caring, that will be a great comfort to your sister-in-law and her family.

Our prayers go out to all of you.

Thank you all.... I will pass along the wishes and you all need to do nothing here because there is plenty being done right here. Thanks for the offerings. I am overcome by joy here, reading all the responses this morning. One thing I might add is, Jan is an animal lover, and just this past month she took a sweet little dog from the animal shelter that they were going to put to sleep. She said that as they were leaving for the store, the little dog wanted to go out the door. (maybe the dog knew something she didn't) She wouldn't let it out because she was afraid it would not come back. It's so sad....I'm going to go collect myself now.....talk later.

Signman, my condolences. Especially for the pets. Possessions can be replaced. Take good care of everyone.

Signman: I don't live that far away from you and I'm really sorry about this tragedy in your family. I will be watching the papers to see how the community is responding and our churches will be praying but there are times we can manifest our prayers with physical help so remember I'm not far away and you can pm me. God Bless!

signman

man i`m so sorry to hear about

them losing the house ,but as long as there ok and safe that`s the best

news .it will be hard on the little one losing the pets,as they are family members too

i hope this all works out for the best for all involved

tw2