Sign in to follow this  
Guest badbinary

how do i

Care to elaborate? :P

sure....it doesn't surprise me to see you agreeing with admin on this matter.

eat me and bite me are vulgar expressions when used as the names of my computers.

yet volt says that he's sorry BB's head was not in the way of someone's defication and that is not a vulgar expression.

nope, doesn't surprise me one bit hawk. :mrsgreen:

sure....it doesn't surprise me to see you agreeing with admin on this matter.

I didn't say I agreed with Admins on the thread referred to as I had not read it until now. At least I think it is the correct thread. :huh:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=137673

If this is the thread, I think banning was a bit extreme but that is not my call. :geezer:

If this is the thread, I think banning was a bit extreme but that is not my call.

Either you think it was right or wrong. Needs to be some more plain talking around here. Anyone who fails to agree that the Admin in question was the true culprit here has ulterior motives for doing so.

From the content of the threads we have all read, it was totally wrong to ban BB. He was clearly the lesser culprit of the two involved. Some may say BB has a bit of a history with regards upsetting people. Well, the same could also be said of the Admin involved. Problem is that the Admin has been here so long that everyone is too scared to make a stand. Once again he is in the wrong and his breaking of the rules is there for all to see (except those that refuse to see) yet nothing is done. I am still waiting to hear that the real horrors BB committed were done so in PM. A tried and tested ploy used effectively here before.

I see the owner of this board type pretty words in PD, espousing fairness, integrity and honesty. Mostly great posts that warm the heart with their messages. What this latest episode goes to show is that words can hollow and mean nothing if the authors actions are in fact poles apart from his rhetoric. Step up to the plate Rob. Read the threads and then tell us that your Admin isn't the true culprit in this case. The evidence is glaringly plain. No need to analyse and interpret hidden meanings etc... the words are typed clear as day.

Either you think it was right or wrong. Needs to be some more plain talking around here. Anyone who fails to agree that the Admin in question was the true culprit here has ulterior motives for doing so.

I said I thought it a bit extreme as you so readily pointed out. Does that statement need clarification? I have no ulterior motives as you suggest nor will I make a judgment as to who was right or wrong. I think it is a situation where BB & volt need to work out a compromise if such a thing exists.

Further, I do take offense at you even suggesting that I had ulterior motives!

Not my intention to offend you Hawk, my apologies if you were. My point is that it is clear as day that BB was having a political discussion with other members and an Admin kept trolling and baiting him. Many of the trolls posts were way over the line with regards to the pit rules. How is it that so many members fail to acknowledge this fact?

Not my intention to offend you Hawk, my apologies if you were.

Apology accepted Sir T. :) As you are no doubt aware, I rarely post in PD or GD so I have not observed "Trolling". I would take it to mean "Baiting"? If that is the case, I do not think a Mod or Admin should troll a Member just to rile that Member to a point where they would post something extreme enough to get them banned. After all, Mods & Admins are also Members & the same rules apply to them as to other Members.

At least, that's the way I see it. ;)

ok, "eat me" and "bite me" used as the names of my computer (not used in any other context)....are considered "vulgar"....but volt's comment above is not? :huh:

oh yeah.....that makes perfect sense. :rollie:

Of course volt's comment is vulgar. I do not see where I or anybody else has said that it isn't.

The original question had nothing to do with volt's comment. The original question was:

Eat me and bite me get censored.

Why ?

And now we know George Carlin's opinion.

It almost looks like he's stating that as a fact. :huh:

Your right on both counts

I want you to tell myself and everyone else that you have never heard a vulgar term used in jest or as a greeting from one person to another with no intent of being vulgar or in any harming or demeaning the person or persons it was spoken of or too. I can think of several comedians who have done so both on stage and national T.V with the blessing of the fcc Here is what the fcc has to say about obscene and objectionable material.

As far as the thread in question goes after reading this

Well if he defacated on it...I'm very sorry your head wasn't in the way... :) v

and this

She should continue posting...you tho..should find another spot... :P:mrgreen: v

and this

Ahh heck..I wouldn't want to stop perfection...stay at it.... :) v

and this

But I'm such a nice guy... :lol:...we best find something else to yak about.. :mrgreen: v

Any statements made to the contrary hold little water, having been a mod this is how i am betting things go

1. BB stays banned

2. The true powers that be sit back and do nothing even though it is apparent to myself and many others that something needs to be done and should have been done long ago.

Bear

Of course volt's comment is vulgar. I do not see where I or anybody else has said that it isn't.

The original question had nothing to do with volt's comment. The original question was:

Ok if BB was banned for vulgar language, and you agree Volt's was too, will he, Volt, be banned?

actually IG, the original question was posted by me:

yet an administrator is allowed to hurl an obvious insult (i guess "bait" would be a better description) at a member and it is allowed? ....WTH?

to elaborate on my question....why were "bite me" and "eat me" removed so quickly without explanation? ....yet volt's comment at BB and BB's repsonse of ":filtered:hole" are still posted in that thread? :blink:

i never asked anyone to "eat me" or "bite me"....i was merely stating the names of my computers.

volt and BB's remarks are insults plain and simple....yet they stand unedited??

BB....banned, volt....?

...a little more consistency is all i ask.

bring BB back, let him and volt do the kissie, make-up thing and move on.....fairly

thanks

Edited by JackeL

Why a permanent ban in the first place. Shouldn't there be a "three strikes your out" theme or something a little more palatable. It's obvious (to everyone hopefully) that this topic will not rest until some type of compromise is given. Maybe a, I don't know, vote. Even if it's only amongst the admins' and mods' to let BB come back, that will still delegate the appropriate power. (rightly so) All that I'm saying is that someone should try to think of a different solution, giving the circumstance of the solution at hand are to no avail...

Did any of you stop long enough to read this?

Minnie..were still yakkin..thats a good sign for bb.

I can't promise a dang thing tho..I'm 1 vote.

Lets give this untill sunday afternoon so we can get more mod/admin feedback... :) v

Nobody's yakking about volt's trolling and blatant disregard for the rules in there though and that's the problem. BB can stay banned for all I care, not that I have anything against BB, but so should volt as well if the rules are applied correctly.

Edited by Intratech

And I love you too.. :lol:

Give it a break...I said were having a rehash...

Heck I miss jousting with bb more than anyone here... :mrgreen: v

Rehash about BB or about you?

edit: I don't do man love... sorry. :)

Both...

Glad to hear that... :lol: v

Speaking of which.....where IS Donna? Havent seen her in a while.

She is over at the NSY, you can see her there. Link in my sig. :)