Sign in to follow this  
cygwinn

optimize for vista

:wp:

1) Not entirely. Although many functions will work if run as administrator, Optimize has not yet been updated for Vista.

2) Optimize is a one-time puchase. There are no renewals.

okay, I see you should have it up running with Vista in the next week or so. So if I purchase now, it will automatically upgrade or would I be better off waiting until it is compete before downloading? Either way, I will purchase it, just whether to wait or not

Right now it looks like we might not make the 3/31/07 date. I can say for sure that Optimize will be Vista compliant, but I no longer can stand by a solid date.

It will not be an automatic update. Optimize has a 'Check for latest version' button, and after 30 (or so) days without an update check, Optimize will popup an offer to check, but it will not update without user intervention. Also, we do not do incremental updates. It has been our experience that there are fewer problems from doing an uninstall/reinstall, so the Vista 'update' will actually be a new version.

Thank you for the prompt response. I guess I will wait for the Vista version then so I don't have to uninstall, install, etc. I will be watching for its deployment.

Guest Guest

Thank you for the prompt response. I guess I will wait for the Vista version then so I don't have to uninstall, install, etc. I will be watching for its deployment.

will us current users have to buy the new versions, or do we get a free download card

Guest MB

I have ran it numerous times so far on my new Vista! Did I screw something up??

My system seems to be working fine so far but everytime I have ran PC Pitstop it looks like it is making the same changes that it did the previous times I have ran it. I have had only one B.S.O.D. so far.

Could I mess something up while running PC Pitstop on Vista?

The Vista update will be free for our existing Optimize customers.

No, it will not hurt anything to run the current version on Vista, it's just not completely effective. We have run Optimize on our own personal computers with Vista many, many times while compiling what needs to be updated and there have been no problems whatsoever.

Guest Guest_Justin_*

I have ran it numerous times so far on my new Vista! Did I screw something up??

My system seems to be working fine so far but everytime I have ran PC Pitstop it looks like it is making the same changes that it did the previous times I have ran it. I have had only one B.S.O.D. so far.

Could I mess something up while running PC Pitstop on Vista?

It seems that you are not running it as administrator... when i did run mine on my vista (home premium) it did not make the same changes. I hope this helps....

Guest drag

what is the hold up on the new update it is the first and guys said it would be out on the 31st. of march are you having set backs if so understandable but can you tell me when the update for vista be out please