Sign in to follow this  
DannyAmirian

Conexant Tv Tuner

Hey guys, I have an HP m7060n with a conexant 2388x tuner, 23880 video capture, 2388x crossbar dual input, and 2388x mpeg encoder (dual input.) For some reason it only works to watch tv in windows media center any other capture program like... nero showtime, movie maker, ulead video capture, or intervideo win dvd creator 3 doesnt give any options for the input of the card, as in no composite, no tv, no s video, and i have composite 1 and 2 on the computer same with s video and tv, i dont know why it wont read it can someone help me out. Thanks

Hey guys, I have an HP m7060n with a conexant 2388x tuner, 23880 video capture, 2388x crossbar dual input, and 2388x mpeg encoder (dual input.) For some reason it only works to watch tv in windows media center any other capture program like... nero showtime, movie maker, ulead video capture, or intervideo win dvd creator 3 doesnt give any options for the input of the card, as in no composite, no tv, no s video, and i have composite 1 and 2 on the computer same with s video and tv, i dont know why it wont read it can someone help me out. Thanks

I know It's an old topic, but I have an hp m7060n and I'm having the same problem. I replaced the hp windows xp with another copy of Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition when it crashed. I installed these drivers for the conexant 2388x. The work fine in media center

Posted Image but in any other program I got no ablity to change the video source.

Posted Image

Posted Image

so by any chance did you happen to solve your problem.

Problem finally solved, just today. I installed this set of drivers.

Provideo Multimedia PV258TF

Black Bird 2.1.57.0

Just in case anyone has the same problem.

O.k new problem. Now when I capture ntsc in mpeg-2 the frame rate is 25. This prevents me from remuxing to a dvd I can play on my dvd player.

Edit,

Problem solved just use these slightly newer drivers.

Black Bird 2.3.68.0

I'm not even sure if the problem was because the last drivers were slightly older, but these work just as good. It's like I never formatted the pc from when I got it from hp.

Edited by some dude