Sign in to follow this  

ok Im going to try and then should i delete my isp connection? what is this mean ISP DUN >

DUN means Dial up number

Dont delete your current dialer until you verify that the one you setup manually works. Some ISP's have special scripts which are required to connect and in your case it might be embedded in the software you installed so I am not sure if this will work in your case but it wont hurt your computer at all to try it.

Let us know if it worked or not.....

Also, when you do this, on the screen where you type in your username and password, uncheck the options which says 'Turn on Internet Connection Firewall' And on the last screen, put a check in 'Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop'

Good luck

Ok. One more question my dial up number are the one my isp is currently using to connect me. Right?

Yes,

The dial up numbers is what your computer dials into in order to connect to your ISP.

Hey you guys. I set up the connection. It seems to be working so far. I will let you know if i get timed out.

Hopefully it will work now...

Just remember to turn off all the idle disconnect options :tup:

Guest hpguy

:P

When Internet Explorer establishes a persistent HTTP connection with a Web server it reuses the same TCP/IP socket until the connection is idle for one minute. This tweak allows you to change the time-out period which is useful if you experience connection problems.

Open your registry and find or create the key below.

Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value, called "KeepAliveTimeout" and set it according to the value data below.

Registry Settings

User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

Value Name: KeepAliveTimeout

Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)

Value Data: Time in milliseconds (default = 120,000)

Exit your registry, you may need to restart or log out of Windows for the change to take effect.

I guess it works! :lol: