Sign in to follow this  
Signman

? about external floppy drive

Does anybody know if an external floppy drive, plugged into a USB port, will show up as "A:" drive on a computer that does not have an internal A: drive? The reason I ask, we have an old program "First Choice" on 4 floppy disks that we need to load onto a computer that doesn't have a floppy drive. We tried to burn the 4 program disks to CD which works but when that is put into the cd drive and clicked on "install", it looks for A: drive for the floppys. As you all know, just copying the program over onto the hard drive don't work either. Got any ideas?

Does anybody know if an external floppy drive, plugged into a USB port, will show up as "A:" drive on a computer that does not have an internal A: drive?

LOL! Thank you for reminding me; I had a new floppy drive in a drawer, never opened the packing. I forgot I had it. :lol::blushing:

I don't have an internal floppy drive. I plugged it into USB and yes, it is "A:".

Edited by Viking