Sign in to follow this  
longtimefan

pc pit stop exterminate

:wp:

Please try running Exterminate in Safe Mode, after first letting it update the signature files in Windows. The reason for running in Safe Mode is that the items Exterminate wants to remove will not be active and able to resist removal.

To access Safe Mode in Windows XP, repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode, and later when prompted, administrator. The screen will look different because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot. To run Exterminate, you may need to go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Exterminate if the desktop icons are not present.

:wp:

Please try running Exterminate in Safe Mode, after first letting it update the signature files in Windows. The reason for running in Safe Mode is that the items Exterminate wants to remove will not be active and able to resist removal.

To access Safe Mode in Windows XP, repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode, and later when prompted, administrator. The screen will look different because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot. To run Exterminate, you may need to go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Exterminate if the desktop icons are not present.

Okay I will try safe mode, didnt think of that..Thanks for the help!!

I also posted same thing under the hi-0jack logs with a hich jack log file posted..

Sorry if I did it wrong!

Guest Guest

Okay I did the safe mode scan and "fix" rebooted and it was still found on the exterminator..I also then did a scan with THE CLEANER and it found on and cleaned it before I could write the name down..

But exterminator is still showing the win32 ftp attack

Like I mentioned before, I posted a HJ log in another thread as well..Or I could post one here to?

Thanks in advance!!

It will be better to leave the HJT log in the advisor's forum.

Are the entries that are still being detected by Exterminate low level and inactive debris left behind after removal, or is it still a high level active threat? If it is inactive debris, a future update may remove it, or you may possibly be able to delete it manually.

Can you please send me as an attachment the logfile found at My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>Exterminate>exterminate_log.txt?

Our software comes with a 30-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee. If Exterminate is not doing the job, just let us know at our help desk and your money will be refunded.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Guest Guest

It will be better to leave the HJT log in the advisor's forum.

Are the entries that are still being detected by Exterminate low level and inactive debris left behind after removal, or is it still a high level active threat? If it is inactive debris, a future update may remove it, or you may possibly be able to delete it manually.

Can you please send me as an attachment the logfile found at My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>Exterminate>exterminate_log.txt?

Our software comes with a 30-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee. If Exterminate is not doing the job, just let us know at our help desk and your money will be refunded.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Odd it did not show up this time, thanks for your time!!

I went ahead and did a reformat on this computer to wipe out everything because of the blue screens errors..

I installed pc pit stop right away and it still is telling me there is a trojan32.ftp attack??

This is a hp compaq presario computer, could there be something bundled in the software?

Frankly, I 'm surprized it showed up again after a format. :blink: There's certainly nothing bundled in the Exterminate software. Did you reinstall with an HP dsk or an MS disk?

If you click on the entry Exterminate is finding, a webpage should open with more information.

I did find instructions for manual removal:

http://www.spywaredb.com/remove-trojan-win32-ftp-attack/

Any feedback on your HJT log?