Sign in to follow this  
dutchy

how to remove?

hi :shifty:

hope someone on this forum can help me

i am running xp home sp2 and about 2 weeks ago i installed a game which i have now uninstalled, the game came with a service called bunjuor which i maneged to uninstall aswell but it took me several atempts, my problem now is when i run a registry cleaner it picks up mdnsNSP.dll x 3 times which are listed as safe to remove but when i do that and reboot it takes a minimum of 20 minutes for windows explorer to load my desktop (instead of 30 secs) then i have to use system restore to put things right.

i have tried searching for them on my hard drive but nothing comes up so im at a los of what to do can some one please give me some advice on how to remove them safely

many thanks

hi :shifty:

hope someone on this forum can help me

i am running xp home sp2 and about 2 weeks ago i installed a game which i have now uninstalled, the game came with a service called bunjuor which i maneged to uninstall aswell but it took me several atempts, my problem now is when i run a registry cleaner it picks up mdnsNSP.dll x 3 times which are listed as safe to remove but when i do that and reboot it takes a minimum of 20 minutes for windows explorer to load my desktop (instead of 30 secs) then i have to use system restore to put things right.

i have tried searching for them on my hard drive but nothing comes up so im at a los of what to do can some one please give me some advice on how to remove them safely

many thanks

If they are not causing any problems, leave it alone. (Part of Apple's updater I think. Itunes?)

What was the game and how did you remove it ?

Did it change any critical settings?

Was it a trial, free or shareware

Any special drivers installed?

hi

thanks for both your replys ( 1101doc and Bear) #

first of i was able to find out that they are connected to apple i tunes but not much else, as for leaving them every reg cleaner i use picks them up and its just a hassel, also i don't like having staringe things on my pc :thud:

and bear for the life of me i cant remember the game and i used an uninstall prog to remove it, and as far as i know it did not change any critical settings and no there wasn't any special drivers installed.

as of now everything has been removed except these 3 pesky dll's and some how they have latched on to something which drags my start up i have searched google for hours and found no real answers on how to remove them safely :pullhair:

there must be a way, im in charge of this pc :boxing:

so any advice would be most welcome

many thanks

from a command prompt remove any service:

sc delete NameOfService

NameOfService can be found on the property page of a service

if that approach frightens you then there's a free utility to merely stop the bonjour service

http://download.gizmoproject.com/jasmine/

its obviously named

I don't appreciate services like bonjour running all the time USING MY resources..