Sign in to follow this  
TorreyIsLDS

What to use to clean MacBook Pro screen?

I used Nice'N Clean Anti-Static cleaning wipes that I got from Wal-Mart; it is basically lint-free cloth mixed with a solution of isopropyl alcohol and water. Anyway, those wipes left streaks on my screen, which aren't visible when it is on, but noticeable when the laptop and screen are turned off. I guess it is adviseable not to use that product again, but what do you guys use to clean your screen?

I think an important thing is to not press too much on the screen when cleaning it.

So I shouldn't use the windshield wash and the squeegee when at the gas station anymore :lol:

Well it was a little bit imprudent of you. I don't know what kind of product is that but i know you have problems. I had the same too and i couldn't solve it, i had to sell my monitor for half the price. So you better get interested from someone who knows better.modern bedroom furniture

Edited by modern bedroom furniture

Well it was a little bit imprudent of you. I don't know what kind of product is that but i know you have problems. I had the same too and i couldn't solve it, i had to sell my monitor for half the price. So you better get interested from someone who knows better.modern bedroom furniture

Which kind of furniture is best for screen cleaning? :huh::spam:

this will sound silly, but I use "Armor All" on my laptop screen.. Its not a mac, but it has the jet black gloss finish like yours has, and the Armor All does great and doesnt leave streaks, provided you use a lint free cloth.

Have been using it for months, and it hasn't ruined the screen yet, so I assume it is safe.

However, i would not recommend experimenting with chemicals on your screen, unless you have a spare dead one to test on first..... fortunately, i do :)