Sign in to follow this  
mramd

AMD & ati vs Intel & Nvidia

what are your guys thoughts on it, i think amd is gonna belly up ,takin on ati when they cant beat intel or nvidia 8800gtx, and the 4x4 u better have a deep pocket and there no faster from what i have read :thud:

Edited by mramd

Take it how you see fit, but anyone who thinks AMD is going under anytime soon is a fool at best.

There was no K2 BB. There was a k5, and now K8, but no K2. :P

Edited by brandon

Yup, when Intel had nothing in the desktop market to compete with even AMD's low end processors, many people predicted the demise of Intel, and now look... They finally released a good processor, even though it too the Prescott disaster for them to get it right.

The tables will turn when AMD's Barcelona is released, and I'm sure there will be the usual doomsayers.

Edited by brandon

why everyone so defensive just asking i am not trying to predicted i just think the release of conroe was a hit and then buying ati and release of 8800 double hit ,score ,,,and also who can afford the extra price when the quad 6700 does same thing

Who can afford Quad core period? So far, the only people I've seen with Quad cores are people who do nothing but benchmark.

Everyone is being defensive, because it's rather tiring hearing the same thing over and over about the demise of a company that isn't going anywhere, because Intel needs AMD to stay in business.

is that baby coming out on the am2 platform?

If memory serves me correctly, Socket M.

For those of you who haven't heard of it yet, we have a new forum called Tech Talk where discussions of this nature are welcomed. I'll move this over there and leave a redirect here so you can find it... ;) -kd5-

This is more suited to GD. It seems to be a general discussion about AMD and Intel, nothing technical, or technology related, just two big companies.

Edit: I see the description of this forum, but this still doesn't fit in here IMO.

Edited by brandon

This is more suited to GD. It seems to be a general discussion about AMD and Intel, nothing technical, or technology related, just two big companies.

Edit: I see the description of this forum, but this still doesn't fit in here IMO.

No Brandon, Tech Talk was created for this very type of discussion. It stays where it is. -kd5-

It was created to talk about the demise of a company?

Regardless of my opinion, I respect your decision kd. :tup::)

Edit: Never mind, this thread also talks about how inferior AMD is to Intel according to mramd, so it does fit in here.

Edited by brandon

AMD is doomed, Intel will reign supreme, and be split into multiple parts for being a monopoly, and the Intel as we know it will be gone forever. There...

theres a dam good reason why an individual chooses a specific brand, mines are as follows

the relationship amd and intel had in the past, intel helped them gain market share, even allowed them to use a specific chip that got them started, but it went from that to biting the hand that feeds you :crash:

ati, well when i started out with pc's they were always second best, let me rephrase that!, they were not reputable enough, i didnt even think of them as being the best at the time, we always want the best eh?

so i think knowing and understanding the past will change the peeps think, its really not about being a fanboy at all, its what they do from the start that defines how they look in the present

AMD forever!!! I don't think intel will be able to do much more with their current chip designs because of the heat they generate but I think amd have a lot more to play with as far as heat generated goes...and from what I understand heat is a major concern with cpu's......so watch out for amd....

not sure but think the same applies with ati against nvidia....so ATI forever too!!!.... :lol:

that's just my very limited understanding of things.. and I'm no pc expert.. far from it in truth.

:beer:

edit:- and us brits always want the under dog to win in the end... :laughing:

Edited by terry1966

If memory serves me correctly, Socket M.

Or is it F? I forget, all I know is that Barcelona is the server version of the quad-core chips. The desktop versions have far dumber codenames.

Edited by RandomX

It was created to talk about the demise of a company?

Regardless of my opinion, I respect your decision kd. :tup::)

Edit: Never mind, this thread also talks about how inferior AMD is to Intel according to mramd, so it does fit in here.

when did i say that, there buddy, i have never owned a intel; dont put words in my mouth :nono: and from what i read its socket F and u will need 2 os to run Edited by mramd

Who can afford Quad core period? So far, the only people I've seen with Quad cores are people who do nothing but benchmark.

Everyone is being defensive, because it's rather tiring hearing the same thing over and over about the demise of a company that isn't going anywhere, because Intel needs AMD to stay in business.

The HP Media Center PC now has the AMD Phenom quadcore at a reasonable price. The problem is that the AMD Barcelona and Phenom quad core processors have a translation lookaside buffer bug that causes problems under heavy loads or virtualization usage.