Sign in to follow this  
lorriehe

Microsoft Word

After running PC Pitstop Optimize, upon trying to open Microsoft Word I receive the error "This application must be installed to run. Please run setup from the location where you originally installed the application."

I was able to fix it by restoring it back to an earlier time. Is this going to happen everytime I run it?

Yes, we are aware of the issue and have a fix but it is not yet ready for distribution.

System restore was the way to go. Glad you got that done OK. Your Optimize order has been refunded as there is no schedule yet for the release of the patch. Do not run Optimize again as the damage may be more severe the next time.

Yes, we are aware of the issue and have a fix but it is not yet ready for distribution.

System restore was the way to go. Glad you got that done OK. Your Optimize order has been refunded as there is no schedule yet for the release of the patch. Do not run Optimize again as the damage may be more severe the next time.

This only happened on the computer that has XP. My windows 98 computer seems to be OK. Or should I not run it on either?

There are only a few dozen issues out of 1,000's of installations, so the problem is actually pretty rare. If you don't have a problem with the Office programs the first time you run Optimize, you won't have a problem with it at all.

If you have not already run Optimize on the Win98 computer, you may want to first backup the registry using the Scanreg command, as Win98 has scanreg /restore instead of Windows System Restore.

If you have already run Optimize on the Win98 computer and there is no problem, you should be fine.

Guest Amy Hayward

After running Optimize, I also received this error message when trying to open MS Word, Excel or Powerpoint.

Since reading these posts, I've restored system settings which has fixed the problem, but I'm wondering if you can advise when the patch may be available?

In the meantime, please can I have a refund? :) Thanks for your help.

:wp:

Your order has been refunded.

We are in the process of actively preparing a fix, but do not yet have it scheduled for release.

I have added you to the "notify" list.

Guest Guest_Coots_*

:wp:

Your order has been refunded.

We are in the process of actively preparing a fix, but do not yet have it scheduled for release.

I have added you to the "notify" list.

I was thinking about ordering the optimize until i read this post. I use Microsoft Office regularly, and dont want to cause problems with the two programs. Should i just wait till the patch comes out?

If you want to try the program, the actual percentage of users who are experiencing this issue is very small, and to date a Windows System Restore has resolved the issue every time.

Be sure to create a new restore point before installing.

Guest Guest_Kurt_*

If you want to try the program, the actual percentage of users who are experiencing this issue is very small, and to date a Windows System Restore has resolved the issue every time.

Be sure to create a new restore point before installing.

I have the same issue, looks like I need a refund?

I am bummed as this is a cool program!