Sign in to follow this  
Doug

African Wild Life "Live Cam"

Flock of beautify green Parrots at the watering hole right now 10:40 pm PST

Well dangy..Nothing there now..sure is very windy tho maybe storms soon :unsure: Current time in Nkorho Pan

You sure can hear the wind :surrender:

Wademan

Edit: I do some form of deer on far side! a bunch of em , like 15 or so... :)

Edited by Wademan

I have yet to see an animal. :mrsgreen: As far as I know this is a pond in the back 40 of caintry_boy's place. :lol:

Well KRAM, ya' caught us....... :(

:lol:

Seriously, you have to look about 11:30pm-2:00am our time for early morning (over there) animals, and again about 5:00am-9:00am our time for afternoon animals...

I have seen 'em at all times of the day and night.......;)

:geezer:

Well KRAM, ya' caught us....... :(

:lol:

Seriously, you have to look about 11:30pm-2:00am our time for early morning (over there) animals, and again about 5:00am-9:00am our time for afternoon animals...

I have seen 'em at all times of the day and night.......;)

:geezer:

I hope you know I was joking about the pond part??? :surrender:

Thanks for the time info, cb :tup:

The lion/buffalo mix-up at Kruger made the news: the

is even more dramatic.

Dial-up warning.

Now Jerry, look now! A Warthog!!

I never knew they moved the camera around?

They kinda zoomed in on this thing?

Posted Image

cb, you goofing around with me? :lol:

Elephant!!!

edit: Gee KRAM, can't ya' see the back of my house in that pic??? :laughing:

Actually that camera has a menu that's out of this world....it picks up motion, turns toward the motion, focuses, zooms in/out, up/down, "the whole nine yards". That house and grounds is a considerable distance from the water hole but the camera will zoom on animals so far out, that you can see people moving around and doing things in the background. I saw recently that it was "zoomed" in on something that I'd bet was about 1/4 mile away...finally figured out it was a Macaw or what you and I would probably call a Green Parrot. It just looked like a green blur in a tree, until it flew right toward the camera, up to the water hole and got a drink....sure was a pretty thing! You keep watching, you'll be amazed at what you see, and at all hours. Lone Impala or some form of antelope there now.......

Edited by caintry_boy

Since I am a long-term "not a fan of RealPlayer", I think I'll be missing out on some possibly wonderful pics.

RealPlayer plug-in required to view.

That's life. :shrug:

|

|

|

|

Admittedly, I did download and take a peek.

Mashatu Game Reserve definitely has a quality camera setup.

Very clear resolution, and excellent zoom.

I'll miss them. :(

Well the past 15 minutes was odd, I heard a helicopter flying above and thought I was hearing things. Then the camera moved and within a few minutes it showed a helicopter landed near a housing area. Didn't think humans would live so close to the watering hole :huh: But there they was.

Now its been focusing on this one big fox for a few minutes.And now birds. time there is> Current time in Nkorho Pan

Saturday 11th Aug 2007 | 03:06:43 am odd it says AM when its daylight. :unsure:

I dont care for real player either Doug, I see you was tempted and got it anyways though, :P

Wademan

Rhino this morning.

He's already been to the Watering Hole and now has wandered back into the partial shrubbery, where he's enjoying a bit of back-scratching by rubbing up against trees and now he's even laid down and rolling on his side-back.

Incredible. He really is rolling in a muddy spot. Like a kitten rolling and squirming on a furry rug.

He's gotta be 1500lbs or more. And he's playing and rolling around.

I've always had an image of a Rhino as being on four feet, and looking rather menacing.

This guy is having such a good time, it makes me think kinder/gentler thoughts of playing with a pet!

But I won't forget, he's a Rhino.

Crocodile at the National Geographic site. 8:30am PST

Thanks Lou. :tup:

Somehow I thought I already had that codec pack installed and that it just wasn't working for that particular web-site.

But I guess I didn't.

This is a garage-sale fixer-upper machine that I got for $5 and a bit of labor.

So it's kinda stripped down, and I'm still setting it up.

The codec pack works great and even automaticaly removes most of RealPlayer, replacing it will Real Alternative. I've used it before, but apparently hadn't gotten around to it on this machine.

So thanks again, Lou.

And a Big Thank You, to hftmrock

Thanks for the link to the National Geographic site at Mashatu Game Reserve :)

Doug

Dang, I missed a Rhino. Very early this AM camera's was on the fox for quite some time, he was trying to nap near waterhole, but birds made that almost impossible.

Doug, did you see my post above about the housing area and the Chopper? It was first time I had ever seen that, and saw it again few hours ago. Just thought it was odd that it would be that close to the watering hole.

Big Rhino there right NOW! 2 in fact!.... :)

Wademan

Edited by Wademan

yep! Two Rhino's drinking at the Watering Hole.

Thanks Wademan!

Wademan,

Yes, there is quite a luxury tourist "safari themed" resort set back maybe 400 yards to the East of the watering hole.

The camera sometimes pans back there, especially when a herd is grazing between the watering hole and the buildings.

Others have mentioned the vehicles. There appears to be a large garage and work area separate from the living quarters.

At night (their night) the camera sometimes pans back to the living quarters that is sometimes brightly lit up with outdoor gathering of people on the deck, apparently having a cook-out of some sort.

And yes again, about the helicopter. Not often viewed but occasionally.

Rhinos still lounging near the watering hole.

Knew I wasn't seeing things.. :lol: Looks like a baby Rhino there,lying on it's side, nursing from mom....wow..

Wademan

Edited for stupid typos, sheesh

Edited by Wademan

Not sure about the baby nursing image.

I thought that at first, but it was just a matter of angle and size.

the Rhino laying down was actually fairly distant/removed by several feet from the standing Rhino.

The camera angle and size of the beasts made for the "illusion" I think.

Once the smaller Rhino stood up, it is hardly a baby and has a full tusk.