Doug

African Wild Life "Live Cam"

Yeah Caintry I see some Gazelles. :) ..also saw Zebra's, and lots of monkeys..Looked like I saw a baby rhino, but was moving off screen so can't be sure on that,was moving kinda fast, an "wobbleing" like a baby would move.. Wonder when the Giraffes stop by for some waterhole gossip,.lol. time says its 1:50PM there.looks kind of dark though, wonder if they about to get rain :unsure: Sure hear things but nothing on there right now..

Yeah, during their mid-day, I see Wildebeast, Zebra, Gazelles, Jackals, and some of the rest. I just barely caught the Rhino's and didn't really get a "good" look, but I'm sure they were Rhino. I too would swear sometimes I hear a Leopard or "big cat" *scowling* but never see anything of the critter.....

I see right now what looks like "eyes" in the trees some distance behind the water-hole.....birds or monkeys I'd reckon...... And a light in the top left corner, like a headlight from a vehicle or a large "spotlight".....:blink:

:geezer:

Edited by caintry_boy

12:29 am Africa time.....Elephant!!!! Marched right up and began drinking.....major tusks and all, appears to be a Bull, but I'm no Elephant expert.....

:woot:

Edited by caintry_boy

Lights coming from the brush behind the pond as I type this...................sounds like someone walking through...........going back to view....

There is a house back there when the camera turns away from the pond looking back the other direction. I saw the lights the other night about 6:30 PM their time, as someone was driving in. Glimpse of light left to right through the trees then right to left.

And this morning in Nkorho Pan it's 8:15 am, since 7:30 am we've seen 2 Jackals or Wild Dogs, Pheasant, Zebra, Wildebeast, Greater Kudu, and now a tribe of Baboons....

:rocks:

Wow Caintry..I been watching for 15 mins..its 1:06am there, and I hear Loud noises,like animals are fighting, but nothing on camera. :angry: This happens a lot late at night, hear things but can't see it!...lol must be near camera too as its very loud, ever hear that? :unsure:

Wademan

I was just looking at the giraffes and I know they are of a different order, but can't help thinking that they are horses built under direction of our federal bureaucracy. :lol:

I have better luck seeing animals besides Zebra and Wildebeast from about 11:00-1:00 PM our time and 6:00-8:00 AM our time. Sometimes in the middle of the night if I can't sleep, I'll click it up and have a look. Still have yet to see giraffes or any "cats". The Greater Kudu we saw the other day were magnificent and my wife was awestruck by their very large and beautiful horns. (there were a couple of bulls/males)

Just saw ( africa time Current time in Nkorho Pan

Thursday 14th Jun 2007 | 04:20:49 am ) big birds, lots of em..then some monkeys... :tup: and now big noises..wow wilder beast an the baby..great up close shots.. :)

Wademan

11:07PM in Nkorho Pan and just witnessed 2 Hyena, drinking noisily. I have been seeing a few animals at night the last 2-3 days where I hardly saw any at all before.....

Late afternoons there are great for the Wildebeast, Thompsons Gazelles, Zebra, Baboons, and just this morning at 6:45am CST our time there were two Warthogs, WooHoo!

Yup! Warthogs. WooHoo!

So ugly, they're cute.

Did you know you can now select the "rerun" from the prior day, to see a somewhat condensed version of the day's activity.

I will probably be doing that from time to time, since my "daytime" is the middle of the African night and less activity occurs.

I have to be up quite late to view the action live.

On the Pacific Coast we are about - minus nine hours.

Voices?!? Anyone else ever hear voices?? Watching Zebra and a strange "hum" in the link....and voices.....

:blink:

LOL yes I have heard "voices" :yikes: Must be humans near by...or aliens.. :rolleyes: But yeah I have heard same thing caintry.. odd..I haven't checked it in a week or so though, off to look soon..

Wademan

Voices.......... Oh darn!

I thought the voices were special and only talking to me. :(

It seems that sometimes they let the "tourists", college students on field projects, of visiting naturalists take a hand at managing the camera.

It can get pretty chaotic with some of those tourists zooming in and zooming out trying to figure out where to point the camera. They also tend to be "chatty".

But that's probably not what you were referring to.

I know the voices are "special", and not to be confused with the babble of mere tourists. :P

MuskyM

Group Icon

Member No.: 60,105

--------------------

If the voices inside my head paid rent, I'd be rich!

Maybe you can try Musky's method......

caintry in his best "Deputy Dawg"......"I'll save ya' MusKy!!....."

:rofl2:

@ Doug, most of my voices are special....

@ Wademan......sort of figured it was someones voice carried on the wind or within shouting distance, although they were obviously just talking, not shouting....

Well, I think their clock is 2 hr. off, but I believe it's about 2:20pm over there. Just saw a herd of Impala and now a very large Warthog with huge tusks! Wallowing and lounging in the mud along shore.

:tup:

Something screwy going on, clock for Nkorho Pan says 8:32PM and I don't believe it. Just saw a pride of Lions drinking and a lone Impala coming too close. Some guys again with a truck and spotlight.......

Sounds like what Doug and Wademan saw the other day.......:blink:

although I didn't see a guy in a hat.....

Help! Doug or Wademan, are you seeing this? Now there is a large spotted cat, appears to be a Leopard or Cheetah (I'm going with Leopard) not far from the water hole. Between it and the camera. Guys in truck again with spotlight......

Very strange goings on today....!

I Just got your PM..I don't see the leopard :( goodness your PM was 4 minutes ago, sheesh lol I am watching it now.. ty caintry for your PM :) I don't see anything there, not even the idiot that runs around with flashlights.. maybe his batteries are dead, lets hope :lol:

Wademan

Edited by Wademan

Yeah, ya' missed him/it. It took off just as I sent the PM......looked to me like a young Leopard or a female......the deal with the Lions was weird earlier too.......now something squawking or barking....?? :blink: