Sign in to follow this  
Doug

African Wild Life "Live Cam"

It's 7:30pm PST here in California, but just getting light in some area in Africa where this WebCam is located.

In the past 30 minutes I've watched three heards of Wilderbeast, Gazelles, and Zebras, and a lone Bull Elephant stopped by for a while.

There seems to be a thunderstorm going on right now.

The webcam is targeted at a "watering hole" in the middle of a large flat grassy meadow surrounded by open forest. The default position of the camera seems to be the watering hole, but it also has about 340 degrees rotation arc.

It seems to have "motion sensor actuators" of some sort because it follows moving animals and zooms in on motion.

There is a "human compound" on the edge of the meadow with residential, work and garage areas within view at some rotations.

Its just a wonderful resource. Hope some of you take a look.

Maybe some of you know where it is or have even visited.

http://www.wavelit.com/index.asp?ch=Wildlife&sh=africam#

Best Regards

Edit: Things have gone quiet, with no wildlife in view. For those of you who might take a peek, don't get discouraged. There's bound to be long periods of scenery with no animals. Be patient. You'll be seeing Zebras, gazelles, wilderbeasts and elephants faster than it takes to get your HJT fixed. :P

Edited by Doug

Glad you like it Twilight Phoenix.

I'm watching a heard of wilderbeast lazying around at the moment.

Doug

I haven't seen any "cats" yet.

But it is a watering hole, and I think the language translation for "watering hole" means "grocery store" in "cat language". :P

Doug

Just starting to show the light of day at the "water hole".

This is a likely time that wild life will start coming around for any that might be interested in viewing.

Enjoy.

Doug

WOW! Thanks JackieBlue.

I've had that site logged in for about an hour, waiting for "day-break", but wasn't watching, since I didn't think I'd be seeing anything for another 1/2 hour or so at their dawn.

So...... The lion has come to the grocery store. Wonder if it will be doing any "shopping" today?

Doug

Well, just so I don't hijack Dougs other thread anymore. I tuned in about 12:30 am our time and there was lots going on. I saw Wild Dogs or Jackals (not sure which), Zebra, Wildebeast, Gazelles or Impala. Not sure what time it was over there, but thinking they're at least 6 hr. ahead of us....

Right now I see Wildebeast, Gazelles, and Zebra....

Doug thanks for reminding me of this!

:geezer:

Edited by caintry_boy

Dang! I missed the Lion :angry: Oh well.. right now I see..4 gazelles, need make sure sound isnt way up on this site, or you can spit out your coffee, when some wild animal makes loud noise, :lol:

Dang! I missed the Lion :angry: Oh well.. right now I see..4 gazelles, need make sure sound isnt way up on this site, or you can spit out your coffee, when some wild animal makes loud noise, :lol:

He, He, He, scared the beejeebers out of my wife last night. I had it on and minimized, she came into the room where the computer was and about had a stroke! Yelling "Come here! I hear something strange in here!" :lol:

Just below the display screen there are some options for weather and time of day.

That should help you know when some daytime action is likely for viewing, but there are occasional nightime surprises.

Good spotting, Caintry!

I've only seen Rhino's in their night time.

Lucky you!

Good spotting, Caintry!

I've only seen Rhino's in their night time.

Lucky you!

Dude it was "midnight-30".....

At Wademan, I see some Gazelles or antelope of some sort occaisionally around 12:00 am-2:00 am over there. Around 9 pm - 11 pm here......

I'm fairly sure they were rhino, hippo's would have gotten in the water I think.....

Yeah Caintry I see some Gazelles. :) ..also saw Zebra's, and lots of monkeys..Looked like I saw a baby rhino, but was moving off screen so can't be sure on that,was moving kinda fast, an "wobbleing" like a baby would move.. Wonder when the Giraffes stop by for some waterhole gossip,.lol. time says its 1:50PM there.looks kind of dark though, wonder if they about to get rain :unsure: Sure hear things but nothing on there right now..

Edited by Wademan