Sign in to follow this  
OneCool

Does anyone have a PS3 yet?

I GOT ONE!!!!

My friend works at EB Games and he hooked me up...I got to his store as the shipment arrived. I'll be in New York till Monday...but come Monday I'm gonna be having a blast with this thing ...it's so beautiful!!

The New York times?Come ON!!

I say putting Second gen XBOX 360 games against First Gen PS3 games.........is bullzhit!!

Hd-DVD vs Blu-RAY... im up in the air!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone says HD-dvd is better....I DONT SEEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why you would want to browse the web on your tv is beyond me. Unless you have a really nice tv, you'd have to make the fonts pretty damn big to make them readable.

Once again, about blu-ray, why would you want to pay for something now that is going to be useless for at least several monthes? How many movies are out on bluray right now? How many of you actually have high def tv's AND are able to tell the difference for the added price.

even if you compare the launch games of the 360 to the ps3 you can see that all the games scored higher and looked better. take for example Perfect dark zero vs Resistance fall of man. two first person shooters, one made a year ago, the other just release for the all powerful ps3. which one do you think scored higher on multiple review sites. not RFOM. PDZ went AAA at launch when RFOM only got a AA rating. what else does the ps3 have right now besides rfom and genji that isnt on the 360 right now?

ps3 games http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/index.html?tag=nav-top;ps3

xbox 360 gameshttp://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/index.html?tag=nav-top;xbox360

make sure you scroll down and see the scores. o one more thing. Gears of war looks better than any game out of the ps3 right now, and technically gears is a first gen game. it was released on nov 7,2006 , while the second gen of the xbox 360 just started on the 22 of nov.

Number of people who don't have HD TVs > Number of people who do

It's going to stay that way for while yet. I'm willing to bet that it'll stay that way throughout the entire life of the PS3.

The Blu-Ray player is a gimmick, a way to shove their format down our throats. It's far too early in the technology's life to be pulling something like this.

If you're falling for the "developers need more space" excuse, then I must ask you a question: How many games do you have that take up more than 4.7GB of space uncompressed on your hard drive, never mind its footprint on a disc? It won't be a big number, probably no more than 1 or 2 if any.

I'm with RandomX and N-Forcer on this one. PS3 is a joke. Also, someone reviewed Linux on the PS3, and they said it is "teh suck", and I quote.

the linux review on the ps3 was a joke in its own right

the ps3 is a way for sony to try and spread blue ray. I dont blame them, it makes perfect sense.

The graphics arent any better than the 360's but I do enjoy the HD movies :)

How many movies are out on bluray right now?

Most new releases

Edited by one2gamble

HD DVD movies out.

http://www.amazon.com/HD-DVD/b/ref=amb_lin...p;node=16295741

Blu-Ray movies out.

http://www.amazon.com/Blu-ray-DVD/b/ref=am...p;node=16295751

as of right now HD DVD has more movies out, and is selling better than blu-ray. the ps3 has not boosted blu-ray sales at all and every fanboy thought that it would.

http://www.thedvdwars.com/index.cfm

I'm pro PS3 atm... I think Blu-Ray will probably win over HD, just because it has more support at the minute. Of course, this could be complete crap and in a year it could all be different :P

My friend plans to get one as soon as he can, so I'll be able to give an honest opinion then!

I'm gonna go with PS3 has far more storage on Blu-Ray, but still has inferior graphics for $500 Alex.

Played them both, played the same game on both. 360 has far more realistic graphics. Playing NBA 2k7 on the PS3 was like playing with action figure coated in Vaseline. WAY too shiny.

Edited by brandon

If sony didnt have a long history of failed formats I would probably go with blue ray also...unfortunately I am not sure they have ever won a format battle....

who needs blue ray when you have HD on-demand :clap:

i wont get a console, never liked them after the pc experience, besides its all nulled up

I'm with RandomX and N-Forcer on this one. PS3 is a joke. Also, someone reviewed Linux on the PS3, and they said it is "teh suck", and I quote.

The mentality of that quote shows the imaturity and mentaality off the person who wrote it as simply ignore status.

When I see such comments when reviewing or researching anything, I ignore them and move on to intelligible statements and comments with information to back them up and intelligent remarks and or specific set up information.

Really, the biggest problem they had was with the video drivers, since it uses a modified version of the 7900 series, and Fedora Core 5 did not have a driver for it. Although the lack of memory was also an issue. 256MB isn't much.

The only thing is Binary that there will be a winner between HD-DVD and Blu-ray, I can't see them both existing. Think of VHS/betamax etc. Of course, we could all end up with players that will play both :P (thinking of DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RAM etc...)

the players that play both will be a short lived pipe dream. The studios nor the producers of each want to have to produce content on both.

HD-DVD will win for one reason. Its cheaper to produce. That and Sony will probably control licensing like its the next Jesus Christ which will push others to go with HD-DVD.

The only way I see Blue Ray surviving is storage content. If "HD on demand" becomes more widely spread I can see it becoming much more popular. Also with the advent of HD DVR's /HD on demand actual HD media will become less and less popular with the "majority" of people. If people can pull up a show or movie "on demand" for free or for a nominal fee then the general public has shown that it would rather not leave the house.

the whole reason the ps3 is expensive at the moment is because sony are price skimming (thank god for business class >.<) they basically have the price really high until they are satisfied they have got enough money to start more developing and the other reason for it being so high is to pay off for all the developing costs prior to the launch

the whole reason the ps3 is expensive at the moment is because sony are price skimming (thank god for business class >.<) they basically have the price really high until they are satisfied they have got enough money to start more developing and the other reason for it being so high is to pay off for all the developing costs prior to the launch

by most counts sony is losing 400-800 bucks per unit

by most counts sony is losing 400-800 bucks per unit

sony looses 250 and 300 USD on every ps3 sold. in order to break even sony has to sell 6 games with every ps3 sold. microsoft is making 75 usd on every xbox 360, and the wii is making i believe around 125 bucks on each console sold.

Edited by N-Forcer

Yip, quick Google search shows 360 is losing $126 per console. However this is an estimate, the exact cost of each component wasn't known.

As for the Wii, here in the UK it's on sale for $355 (£180) at the minute (HMV etc.) while it costs $238 to biuld. That's one hell of a profit... Here's a break down of the Retail/Cost for the accessories (in $):

WII CONSOLE - 249.99 / 237.50

WII REMOTE CONTROL - 39.99 / 32.00

WII POINTS CARD - 24.99 / 17.00

WII CLASSIC CONTROLLER - 19.99 / 14.50

WII NUNCHUK CONTROLLER - 19.99 / 14.50

WII GPAK ORGANIZER&TRAVEL - 29.99 / 18.95

WII RAYMAN RAVING RABIDS - 49.99 / 41.2

WII THE LEGEND OF ZELDA:TW - 49.99 / 40.00

WII RED STEEL REVOLUTION - 49.99 / 41.22

The PS3 is losing something like $250 per console.. huge loss anyway.