Sign in to follow this  
Blix55

LCD LG Monitor Flat Screen (Analog Out of Range)

Hey. I just recently bought a LCD LG 19" flatscreen monitor. -- It works very well and has been for a few weeks now. But suddenly after the Windows XP loading screen it gives me a message saying Analog out of Range 74.5 HZ / 60 HZ --- It gave me this message when I hooked it up the FIRST time I got home, but I don't remember how but ti eventually went away and since then it has been working fine. Any ideas how to fix this? I have no idea what it is even talking about.

after the Windows XP loading screen it gives me a message saying Analog out of Range 74.5 HZ / 60 HZ

A back of the envelope calculation indicates that this corresponds to about 1600x1200 resolution (assuming a 4:3 screen).

Restart the computer and begin tapping the F8 key before Windows starts to load.  Choose Safe Mode, log on to any administrator's account, and click Yes to continue.

Click Start, Run, type Devmgmt.msc and click OK to open the Device Manager.  Double-click Monitors, right-click your monitor, and click Update Driver.  Choose Install from a list, and choose Don't Search.

Click Plug and Play Monitor.  If it isn't listed, unselect Show Compatible Hardware, scroll up on the left and click Standard Monitor Types, and click Plug and Play Monitor at the right.

Click Next and Finish.  Restart the computer normally.

If that doesn't work, repeat the steps above but select the Digital Flat Panel that best corresponds to yours (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, or 1280x1024).

I don't recommend using LG's driver, as the data in the INF file is not always correct.

Tom LG monitors come with a very nice set of drivers that need to be installed since XP's data base doesn't have a good driver. Booting into safe mode and installing the drivers according to the instructions that come with the monitor (my LG runs at 75hz for refresh rate but that is at 1024X768).