Sign in to follow this  
ttaMONEYPIT

exterminate won't remove sony spyroot

bought the pcpitstop exterminate because I thought it would remove all spyware,I let it run overnite and it didn't do anything

then I unmarked the box for the sony spyroot and all other spyware was removed instantly

why doesn't the $30 exterminate do what it is suppose to do?

how do I get rid of the sony spyware

bought the pcpitstop exterminate because I thought it would remove all spyware,I let it run overnite and it didn't do anything

then I unmarked the box for the sony spyroot and all other spyware was removed instantly

why doesn't the $30 exterminate do what it is suppose to do?

how do I get rid of the sony spyware

Your $ 30 exterminator Seems to be Just doing Its Job. According to the info that i got when search google

This probably got on your pc through playing mucical cds .IF YOU REMOVE IT, IT wipes out windows Your cd will no longer function. There is more info tipe in sony spyware in google search . Good Luck Elmer

:wp:

Try running Exterminate in Safe Mode, after first letting it update the signature files in Windows. The reason for running in Safe Mode is that the items Exterminate wants to remove will not be active and able to resist removal.

To access Safe Mode in Windows XP, repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode, and later when prompted, administrator. The screen will look different because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot. To run Exterminate, you may need to go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Exterminate if the desktop icons are not present.

Our software comes with a 30-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, just let us know and your money will be refunded.

You can contact us here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Moving to Paid Products.

Guest 93-KHJ

:wp:

Try running Exterminate in Safe Mode, after first letting it update the signature files in Windows. The reason for running in Safe Mode is that the items Exterminate wants to remove will not be active and able to resist removal.

To access Safe Mode in Windows XP, repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode, and later when prompted, administrator. The screen will look different because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot. To run Exterminate, you may need to go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Exterminate if the desktop icons are not present.

Our software comes with a 30-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, just let us know and your money will be refunded.

You can contact us here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Moving to Paid Products.

So this will remove the rootkit and not disable the CD or any other function?

tried it again in safe mode overnite same results-nothing , exterminate just kept running and running without removing anything

sony needs to be punished for this crap

I think I got it off my pc although exterminate says it is still there, but pcpitstop pc scan says there are no viruses/trojans on my pc

does exterminate need reset or something?

heres how I fixed it,copied from some other website

To rid myself of that miserable $sys$DRMServer.exe, I did the following:

Boot-up in Safe Mode.

Then do a Search in Advanced Mode with the following boxes checked:

* Search system folders

* Search hidden files and folders

* Search subfolders

The Search FOUND IT!! It was hidden and locked in the System folder. It is a 300K executeable file. I then deleted the file.

In the past, I had tried to find the file, but could not (possibly because I wasn't in Safe Mode at the time, and I might not have checked the same boxes (above)). Anyway, WHEW!!! It's finally gone! I hope, if anyone tries this, they have similar good fortune. )