Sign in to follow this  
littlemike1313

pop ups help me please?

im being killed by pop ups on my pc ive installed a pop up blocker and ive ran 2 spyware programs if anybody can help me please let m know

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=CQDSFWP7WHWSWLLC

: :pullhair:

On Internet Explorer click Tools , Internet options , CLICL SECURITY TAB , CHOOSE INTERNET ZONE. CLICK

PRIVACY TAB AND SET TO MEDIUM HIGH. aT BOTTOM CHECK TURN ON POP-UP BLOCKERS ,CLICK APPLY

THEN OK. YOU CAN CONTROLE ALLOW OR DIS-ALLOW ON YOUR TOOL BAR.

p/S THIS SHOULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

: :pullhair:

On Internet Explorer click Tools , Internet options , CLICL SECURITY TAB , CHOOSE INTERNET ZONE. CLICK

PRIVACY TAB AND SET TO MEDIUM HIGH. aT BOTTOM CHECK TURN ON POP-UP BLOCKERS ,CLICK APPLY

THEN OK. YOU CAN CONTROLE ALLOW OR DIS-ALLOW ON YOUR TOOL BAR.

p/S THIS SHOULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

:sparkle:Looking over your tech link I see you have TrustIn Contextual in your add remove programs list.... You should remove this, read the link supplied.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/uninstall/...extual-Ads.html

LimeWire is an optional, Any peer-to-peer file swapping program, can degrade network performance and consume vast amounts of storage. May create security issues as outsiders are granted access to internal files. Often bundled with Adware or Spyware

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/p2p/ also another good reference site..... http://p2p.malwareremoval.com/

Your version of Java is very out of date.

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:

• Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 9.
  • Scroll down to where it says ""Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 9".".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.

Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on the Software icon > add/remove programs.

Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Java. (J2SE Runtime Environment.... )

It should have next icon next to it: Posted Image

Select it and click Remove.

• Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-1_5_0_09-windowsi586-p.exe to install the newest version.

Install and Update SpyBot Search&Destroy Spybot - Search and Destroy with its TeaTimer option. This will provide realtime spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should also scan your computer with this program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software.

Tutorial

Run on a regular basis

Install and Update Ad-Aware SE Personal

You should also scan your computer with this program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software in conjunction with Spybot.

Tutorial

Run on a regular basis

juliet ahs some awsome tips. She has helped me before. HOOAH. another program that i found to do better with the spyware is CA Pest Patrol. You need to pay for it however it really finds stuff that i did not know about.

GL

After following Juliets instruction, I'd also try to get rid of as many of these at startup as possible:

Name Vendor Complete File Name

Realtek Audio Realtek Semiconductor Corp. C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE

Realplayer RealNetworks, Inc. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

Sun Java Update Sun Microsystems, Inc. C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe

QuickTime Icon Apple Computer, Inc. C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

ATI Hotkey Utility ATI Technologies Inc. C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

Office XP speech Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

Norton Security Center Symantec Corporation c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared ... \SymWSC.exe

Mozilla Mozilla Foundation C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILLA.ORG\MOZILLA\MOZILLA.EXE

Debugger Microsoft Corporation C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

Spyware Doctor Helper PC Tools Research Pty Ltd C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe

ATI Technologies Inc. C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe

C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater ... \Kodak Software Updater.exe

Go here to check: AnswersThatWork click the Task List button. I would bet you can shut down almost all of those from starting and give your computer a boost in getting up and running when you hit the Power button. ;)