Sign in to follow this  
EclipseWebJS2

Clock running too fast

This may sound strange at first, but I'm now having computer time problems. I've been observing that my clock is going too fast for no reason. Is there a setting I can put on in the registry to make the clock sync like once per day?

If you have winXP you can use "Date and Time properties" and set "Internet time " to synchronise daily. Otherwise you can use WebTime from www.gregorybraun.com and manually reset time.

Edited by roleo

If you have winXP you can use "Date and Time properties" and set "Internet time " to synchronise daily. Otherwise you can use WebTime from www.gregorybraun.com and manually reset time.

It doesn't looks like I have an option to set the intervals.

Stormy: Checking battery... done.

Battery is Low!

Edited by EclipseWebJS2

It appears that the battery is running low on power. Fortunately I found a fully-charged battery in my old Gateway tower.

See, I think the deal is, batteries will lose power over time even when NOT used. The machine was rarely unplugged so I couldn't tell if it affected anything with CMOS.

This may sound strange at first, but I'm now having computer time problems. I've been observing that my clock is going too fast for no reason. Is there a setting I can put on in the registry to make the clock sync like once per day?

Windows XP synchronizes your clock automaticlly when your on-line, I'm not sure what OS you have but there are programs that are free that you can download to keep your clock set at the right time for you! Go to this web site and check them out, MOST are FREE some are not. Hope this helps! http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?t...ck&tag=srch

I believe when you run video files and things like that it "speeds" up your pc clock and makes your time go faster, i had the problem a while ago and thought nothing of it, but then after changing motherboard, psu and cpu, i thought hmm, somethings up, so i modified the registry and made it sync every 3 hours and havent had a problem since (Y) Indys link has everything you need.

Clock running too fast or too slow, start with changing the motherboard battery.

Well what do you think about this. I have a Compaq 7922 which is seven years old and from day one the clock has gained time. Still have the same battery too.

indy: Thanks for the registry hack information. Say, I have an idea ... would it work if I set it to sync every HOUR rather than every DAY?

You pwn!

... Success! It's possible to hack the registry to make the clock set every hour!

Posted Image

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient]
"SpecialPollInterval"=dword:00000e10
Edited by EclipseWebJS2