Sign in to follow this  
gordesky1

pc is freeze while rewinding video.

ok today i wanted to watch one of my movies from my hardrive that is mounted with damon tools.

and when i rewind the video it whould go about 15secs back slow than freeze the whole computer.

i even tried it with stock settings and it still did it so its not from the overclock.

seems like it ony does it for video because everything else is ok games to.

nope doesint freeze while defraging.

i even ran a screensaver for 8hours and it doesint freeze so if it was video card whouldint of freeze?

oh and my temps are fine temps never go over 50c for cpu case temp is 25c and video card temps are fine to never goes over 68c on load.

Does it only happen in this application, what about other video files, ones that arnt mounted in deamon tools, maybe its the application thats casuing the problem, or the codecs, or even deamon tools although unlikely.

just tried it with out deamon tools with just a avi and still does it:(

i even tried puting it on my 1st hdd and still does it.

this is what happening when i go in media center or media player or the old one and go fast forward than rewind than exit the playing program it freezes not in the problem.

and i just found it ony does it when the files says dvd rip?

the other that doesint say that doesint freeze while rewinding and forwarding.

If you're trying yo play a divx movie (also an avi) in a player not fully equipt for it that might cause some pronlems.

The same kind of thing happened me before but with itunes and defragging. I would try resetting cmos and making sure the ram is ok (even if it is running stock)

Seems like a codec problem to me, try reinstalling divx codecs, also try a different player, something vlc player to see if they work fine in that, media player classic is also a good one to use.