Sign in to follow this  
wdeydwondrer

looking for the best RPG

ok, this is open to normal RPG like Dungion Siege, and the mmorpg games like WoW

what do you consider to be the top of the charts?

iam looking for the best one to start playing as fps are getting kinda old again and ive played the strat games to death

I liked the Neverwinter Nights series. If you get the two expansions, that offers quite a while to play.

I liked the original Dungeon Seige, but it got too easy once I got the Chicken Gun. I have Dungeon Siege II, but I haven't really had time to play it.

Play Deus Ex (the original). It's an older game, so it's going to be pretty cheap (should be able to get it for a few dollars), and it'll run on anything. I don't know about your computer's specs, but on a 2.0ghz pc with a GeForce FX 5200, I could max out resolution, all graphical settings, and still get some fast frames per second.

Oh btw, Deus Ex is a combined RPG FPS. It's extremely open ended, has a large variety of endings, and you can play the game just about any way you want. They made a sequel, though I heard it didn't hold up to the original game...

Play Deus Ex (the original). It's an older game, so it's going to be pretty cheap (should be able to get it for a few dollars), and it'll run on anything. I don't know about your computer's specs, but on a 2.0ghz pc with a GeForce FX 5200, I could max out resolution, all graphical settings, and still get some fast frames per second.

Oh btw, Deus Ex is a combined RPG FPS. It's extremely open ended, has a large variety of endings, and you can play the game just about any way you want. They made a sequel, though I heard it didn't hold up to the original game...

WoW is incredible and always will be!

Im a guildwars fan here, new one comes out in a few weeks, cant wait. Good thing abotu guildwars is that you dont have to pay monthly like other mmorpgs(although technically guildwars isnt an mmorpg its a corpg)

Edited by Bubba

deus ex was pretty decent for its time, dunno wth happened when they made part 2...i think the developers company mustve got hijacked by terrorists with plans on a kamakazee

personally for me its either fable or oblivion...at least till gothic 3 comes out

well, at the moment i'm trying to steer away from another monthly bill, lol

didn't know that guildwars was free to play online? what's corpg

well, at the moment i'm trying to steer away from another monthly bill, lol

didn't know that guildwars was free to play online? what's corpg

Corpg is more or less the same as mmorpg but in corpg instead of having one big world were everyone plays, you meet up in towns and choose a party, up to 8 people, then you enter missions or into the proper world and its just your party without anyone else to mess about with you or steal all your kills etc, i think this is one of the reasons why you dont have to pay monthly since the server load is probably alot less. Id reccomend guildwars since its only about £20 to buy, id buy the first one (prophecies) as there are is more gameplay to it, factions can be completed pretty fast but prohpecies will take a few weeks.

Deus Ex is still a good game. ;)

I think someone else made the sequel though, that's why it sucked. They took away everything that made the original good.

i seen the elder scrolls (not sure which of the 2 newer ones) on the xbox.

i liked the chicken kick game, but it looked like mostly talking and walking around from what i seen being played....

I liked the Neverwinter Nights series. If you get the two expansions, that offers quite a while to play.

I liked the original Dungeon Seige, but it got too easy once I got the Chicken Gun. I have Dungeon Siege II, but I haven't really had time to play it.

NWN is great but my latest obsession is Oblivion. Awesome game!

It all depends what you prefer.

If you like being led by hand through a game then WoW etc is your game. If you prefer some more freedom then Eve online is your game.

Star Wars Galaxies was the best game on the marker before that nerfed it :angry:

Nothing can come close to WoW. Get a trial account if you haven't tried it yet and I swear you will be playing for the next year or two :P

New expansion coming soon, so I hope you wow players are storing all the gems you find because the cost of them in the Auction Houses is going to rocket when everyone switches profs to gemcrafting :shifty:

I played the wow trial and didn't like it at all, not to mention the graphics were horrible, guildwars is a very good game and looks very nice also, its updated constantly and the plan is to bring out a new expansion out every 6 months, so the fun will never end and its only about £18, plus if your lazy you can buy the expansions through the game with a credit card and get them instantly.

Edited by Bubba

I played the wow trial and didn't like it at all, not to mention the graphics were horrible, guildwars is a very good game and looks very nice also, its updated constantly and the plan is to bring out a new expansion out every 6 months, so the fun will never end and its only about £18, plus if your lazy you can buy the expansions through the game with a credit card and get them instantly.

Bloody Brits....what do you know about anything? :mrgreen: