Sign in to follow this  
uly7

Optimazer

:wp:

This is it, the Paid Products.

Post your questions here and well get them answered. :)

How can I make Optimazer to "scan" my "G" hard drive?

Optimazer internet fix tools, are gray-out Why?

And, can Optimazer increase the "cahe" leval in "G" drive, or I have to do it myself?

If I have to do it myself, how can I do this?

Thanks

Uly7 :(

1) Optimize will only work on the Drive with the Windows installation. If the G drive has a Windows installation, Optimize would need to be installed to that drive as well, in order to scan. If the G Drive is storage only, there is really nothing there for Optimize to do.

2) If you selected a connection type and speed from the first screen, does the Internet scanning screen give a download and ping time at the bottom, with the message "no problems found"? If no problems are found, or a connection type is not selected, the action screen will be empty and the Optimize option grayed out.

3) Optimize will not change the cache level. Go to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Settings and use the slider, the up and down arrows, or just highlight and type in, the amount of cache your want. I would recommend 70-80MB.

Thank you for your answer and time

However, I misspell one word.

My question should be: How can I improve the “uncached speed” in “G” drive?

Thanks

Uly7

Thanks for the link. Shows up perfectly.

Are there multiple user accounts on the PC? You may have to install and run Optimize on each user account.

Also, I noticed your Windows install is over two years old. Have you ever cleaned up the accumulated System Restore files?

Optimize will only delete the recycle bin, temp files, and cache files.

Also, Optimize comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Just let us know if you are dissatisfied.

If Drive G is the Maxtor external drive, a USB drive just isn't going to be anywhere near as fast as an IDE drive. The Pit test doesn't currently have a way to account for that.

Thanks for the link. Shows up perfectly.

Are there multiple user accounts on the PC? You may have to install and run Optimize on each user account.

Also, I noticed your Windows install is over two years old. Have you ever cleaned up the accumulated System Restore files?

Thanks for your time

How can clean the System Restore Files?

I know that this question is not related to Optimazer, so if you don't want to ansqwr it's fine

Thanks again for the time.

Uly7

First, do a spyware and virus scan and make sure you're clean. Then go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and create a new restore point.

Then go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup>More Options>System Restore>CleanUp OK>OK

First, do a spyware and virus scan and make sure you're clean. Then go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and create a new restore point.

Then go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup>More Options>System Restore>CleanUp OK>OK

I just did the System Restore CleanUp, then I went to the PC Pitstop for another test and there still this

"Junk files 2184 MB (3%) " this is in driver "C"

Optimazer cannot get rid of that, it's just not doing what it say to do

It's late now, I will come back tomorow.

However, thanks a lot for your time.

Uly7

Optimize will only delete the recycle bin, temp files, and cache files.

The Pit test does not say where the 2184 MB of junk files are residing.

Optimize comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you feel the product has not delivered on its advertised claims, uninstall the program and I will issue you an immediate refund.

To clean the remaining junk files you can try the freeware products CCleaner and Cleanup. Be sure to read the instructions prior to use:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/