Sign in to follow this  
remotewizz

UNCACHED DISK SCORE 269

You're right, you only need basic knowledge to set up RAID, but only those who know how to set it up can run RAID.

If I shell out enough money, I guarantee you I can beat that score by at least 10x. But unfortunately, my budget does not allow for this, nor do I care enough to do it.

Edited by brandon

Looks like you got that raid set up pretty good ...... thats a great I/O score

Brandon ---- 10 X that score Huh :laughing:

If I shell out enough money, I guarantee you I can beat that score by at least 10x. But unfortunately, my budget does not allow for this, nor do I care enough to do it.

The score he posted is the result from the system he is using, not one that he could build if he wished. If you don't care, and I bet most here dont care 'what you could do if you wanted to', then why bother posting something like that?

Anyway, nice RAID setup Remote

Jack

Yeah, I could get a bunch of RAM, create a RAM drive, then install Windows on it. I'll have theoretically 6400MBps of bandwidth to use. It's not that hard, but it is expensive. :P

Char: True, most probably wouldn't care what I can do (not much I can tell ya that already), but in another thread, I took his post wrong, and I realized that later.

Look at the uncached disk I/O 269 YOU who hate AMD could never show a score for the uncached like that.

I took that sentence wrongly. It didn't help that he quoted a post of mine when I was saying 1GB of RAM is enough to play on all high settings in BF2, which I know from experience.

I'll give it to ya Wizz, that is a nice score, but gimme enough money, and I can destroy that score. :P

Edited by brandon

Guys, if you want to really compare RAID scores, then compare with a proper program like ATTO. Settings at 1M and overlapping if SATA2 or non over lapping if SATA1 drives.

Click here to download. Then unzip, click icon, make changes I listed and run the benchie.

X_C

Edited by X_C