Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rhh1

131 kbps

Recommended Posts

I have the latest version of Optimise. I have used Optimise for over a year.

 

Recently. my internet connection lost most of its download speed. That happened immediately after a run of PC Optimise. Perhaps that was a co-incidence.

 

My ISP, Nildram, reports a good DSL service at my exchange.

 

I have repeatedly used Optimise to try to get an improvement of the download speed, but to no effect.

 

I should be getting 4Mbps.

 

My test results are at http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=E0VJPWGMFQQSJLBC

 

I would appreciate any help.

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:wp:

 

Open the Optimize program, put a dot by 'restore system settings' click 'next' and pick the date when you ran Optimize and the problem started. If that fixes the problem, it was definitely something Optimize did. If that does not fix the problem, have you tried rebooting your DSL modem or renewing your IP address?

 

Is there any proprietary software from your ISP that Optimize could be conflicting with?

 

You are using Optimize version is 1.5.9.4? I noticed that you are a long-time Optimize customer (Thank you!) Did this start with the first use of 1.5.9.4, or had that version successfully run previously?

 

What connection type and speed are you selecting from the first screen? If you are using 'safe', have you tried 'max'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:wp:

 

Open the Optimize program, put a dot by 'restore system settings' click 'next' and pick the date when you ran Optimize and the problem started. If that fixes the problem, it was definitely something Optimize did. If that does not fix the problem, have you tried rebooting your DSL modem or renewing your IP address?

 

Is there any proprietary software from your ISP that Optimize could be conflicting with?

 

You are using Optimize version is 1.5.9.4? I noticed that you are a long-time Optimize customer (Thank you!) Did this start with the first use of 1.5.9.4, or had that version successfully run previously?

 

What connection type and speed are you selecting from the first screen? If you are using 'safe', have you tried 'max'?

 

##############################################################

 

 

Thank you very much for this. In fact I have found that my problem has been due to a fault that has developed in the telephone cable that leads to the socket I have been connecting to. When I connected my modem to the incoming 'phone socket, the problem ended.

 

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to post the above response to my problem.

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...