Sign in to follow this  
rhh1

131 kbps

I have the latest version of Optimise. I have used Optimise for over a year.

Recently. my internet connection lost most of its download speed. That happened immediately after a run of PC Optimise. Perhaps that was a co-incidence.

My ISP, Nildram, reports a good DSL service at my exchange.

I have repeatedly used Optimise to try to get an improvement of the download speed, but to no effect.

I should be getting 4Mbps.

My test results are at http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=E0VJPWGMFQQSJLBC

I would appreciate any help.

Richard

:wp:

Open the Optimize program, put a dot by 'restore system settings' click 'next' and pick the date when you ran Optimize and the problem started. If that fixes the problem, it was definitely something Optimize did. If that does not fix the problem, have you tried rebooting your DSL modem or renewing your IP address?

Is there any proprietary software from your ISP that Optimize could be conflicting with?

You are using Optimize version is 1.5.9.4? I noticed that you are a long-time Optimize customer (Thank you!) Did this start with the first use of 1.5.9.4, or had that version successfully run previously?

What connection type and speed are you selecting from the first screen? If you are using 'safe', have you tried 'max'?

:wp:

Open the Optimize program, put a dot by 'restore system settings' click 'next' and pick the date when you ran Optimize and the problem started. If that fixes the problem, it was definitely something Optimize did. If that does not fix the problem, have you tried rebooting your DSL modem or renewing your IP address?

Is there any proprietary software from your ISP that Optimize could be conflicting with?

You are using Optimize version is 1.5.9.4? I noticed that you are a long-time Optimize customer (Thank you!) Did this start with the first use of 1.5.9.4, or had that version successfully run previously?

What connection type and speed are you selecting from the first screen? If you are using 'safe', have you tried 'max'?

##############################################################

Thank you very much for this. In fact I have found that my problem has been due to a fault that has developed in the telephone cable that leads to the socket I have been connecting to. When I connected my modem to the incoming 'phone socket, the problem ended.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to post the above response to my problem.

Richard