Sign in to follow this  
OSalcido

Girlfriend of 4 Years Left me

What I have learned from listening to relationship problems is that there are always 3 sides to every story... your side...her side...the truth. Maybe she saw that you two weren't getting along in the way that she felt she wanted to spend the rest of her life doing. We all love to think that we are perfect but even I...as wonderful as I am :rolleyes: can be a pita sometimes...just ask Keith!!!!!!!!!! :geezer::thud:

Edited by andromeda

I'm not the one with the problem, however it looks like she made the right decision after reading all your posts.

There are MANY MANY worse things in this life than being alone. I can assure you that. Nobody is suggesting you jump from person to person. Learn to be on your own awhile and not be codependant on others for your happiness.

You are sitting here guarding this thread to jump and reply it in every few minutes instead of enjoying your birthday and everything that life has to offer. Its a shame to waste your special day on a pity party for one.

my thoughts exactly, stop whining, and move on with your life.

there is much ahead of you, time to start living again.

Agreed with Tracy here- once you have been through it once or twice you learn. At this point you should concentrate on having a good time; have fun with others get some thicker skin- the next one will be much better. And yes- stop being a drama queen about it.

There are MANY MANY worse things in this life than being alone. I can assure you that. Nobody is suggesting you jump from person to person. Learn to be on your own awhile and not be codependant on others for your happiness.

True.

In retrospect.. this seems a likely cause. However, I had always looked at putting up with her as a show of strength.. I thought men were supposed to just take every curse word from a woman and be strong enough to say 'Well I still love you'.... boy has that line of thinking really messed me up.. :thud:

That's not called strong, that's called push over.

What you have described...getting dumped....happens to just about everyone. Chance are, someday you will make someone feel the way you feel now.

This is a great time to get together with your buddies and have a few beer....at Hooters :clap:

That's not called strong, that's called push over.

What you have described...getting dumped....happens to just about everyone. Chance are, someday you will make someone feel the way you feel now.

This is a great time to get together with your buddies and have a few beer....at Hooters :clap:

'

hooters in canada " i'm there" :rofl2:

OSalcido, i am with you bro. after being with the same girl for 7 years it all came to a quick halt. i could bash the heck out of most women but will refrain. it took me over a month to get over the devastation i even lost 20 pound's and barely slept.time heals all wound's. and i plan on staying single for a long long time. but i must say i did pay her back big time, it involved her best friend nuff said. i am with you man tell her to kiss your :filtered:.

OSalcido, i am with you bro. after being with the same girl for 7 years it all came to a quick halt. i could bash the heck out of most women but will refrain. it took me over a month to get over the devastation i even lost 20 pound's and barely slept.time heals all wound's. and i plan on staying single for a long long time. but i must say i did pay her back big time, it involved her best friend nuff said. i am with you man tell her to kiss your :filtered:.

Wow, what a payback that must have been. :beer:

i wish i could go into detail's, but yeah it was :rocks:

That's good advice for us all :adios:

I have to say that of the few things I got out of all this... its that you cant trust teenage girls... any of them... ever... if you are in a relationship with one, thats fine... just do NOT plan on a future with that girl and do NOT pour your heart and soul into that relationship... because it is almost guaranteed to go down the tubes no matter how much you think shes 'different'

Well, the thing about planning a future with a teenage girl is that they aren't ready to plan their future. In the old days yeah, but now women need to get a college education so that they can be prepared to support themselves when their husbands leave them for a younger woman...hahahaha!!!!!

Just kidding...kinda... :rolleyes:

OSalcido, it is part of growing up. Maybe one of the hardest parts.

I myself have gone through this a year ago and it tore me apart. Recently, I've been dating a nice, sweet, funny, smart, and beautiful girl who I was really into and I found out today she's been seeing my friend behind my back. It made me mad. I was so angry I threw a wooden pallet in the back warehouse against the wall and broke it.

However, this time I'm not in any mood to feel down or depressed. I basically am disgusted with the girl and don't want anything to do with her. She doesn't even know yet that I know as she is in Virginia on vacation. I plan on telling her to take a hike when I see her again and that I'm sorry but I thought she was a different person than she actually is. If she doesn't see the person I am inside and like me for it she isn't worth my time, money or any breath in my lungs. Why would you want to keep a relationship with a girl that treats you like dirt. Find a girl who respects you. If it doesn't work out shrug it off and say to yourself that you eliminated one person and are closer to the right one.

You have to learn that life really sucks and it downright rips your heart out at times, but it's a learning experience. It is normal to feel sad but in a few weeks you will go back to normal.

My honest advice is to delete her phone number, remove all things that remind you of her and don't listen to depressing music. Instead, exercise, meet with friends, get another girl and live life like you got it by the cajones. Live life and move on. It doesn't do any good to mope around about a girl.

Do whatever you can to stop thinking about her, and tomorrow go out there and start looking for another girl to sweep you off your feet.

It's your life, and don't let someone who isn't worth your time to make you feel sad. Get out there, keep your head up and stand tall and straight. The world is yours and don't let anyone get the best of you. The best attitude to have is that any girl would be lucky to have a guy like you and it's there loss if they don't see it. As you experience more relationships, the pain gets less and less as you get the idea that the whole thing about dating is experimenting to find the right one. You learn with each girl in many areas which is a plus and leads to better outcomes. ;)

Cheers man, and good luck. There is a silver lining in those clouds yet. B)

Edited by The Dude

Grow now and become stronger through this pain that you are facing. You will need this strength when she suddenly finds herself dumped by her "New" boy friend and tries to come running back to you.

Kharna happens. :mrgreen:

:)Y

edit: Happy almost your Birthday! :P

Oh, and this has happend in every relationship I've had. Going on 3 now where the girl left me or ran after another guy and then when the excitement fails it's "I miss you so much baby". They have come back telling me it was my fault for their stupidity and/or I had to deal with their bawling and how sorry they are. It's always my favorite thing, because it's like clockwork and all of the sudden they see the mistake they made, only this time it's your turn to tell them "oh well."

My advice is to tell her to take a hike. It for your own dignity. :beer: There are tons of other girls out there who won't pull that crap on you. No matter how much you want to, don't take her back.

Edited by The Dude

OSalcido, it is part of growing up. Maybe one of the hardest parts.

I myself have gone through this a year ago and it tore me apart. Recently, I've been dating a nice, sweet, funny, smart, and beautiful girl who I was really into and I found out today she's been seeing my friend behind my back. It made me mad. I was so angry I threw a wooden pallet in the back warehouse against the wall and broke it.

However, this time I'm not in any mood to feel down or depressed. I basically am disgusted with the girl and don't want anything to do with her. She doesn't even know yet that I know as she is in Virginia on vacation. I plan on telling her to take a hike when I see her again and that I'm sorry but I thought she was a different person than she actually is. If she doesn't see the person I am inside and like me for it she isn't worth my time, money or any breath in my lungs. Why would you want to keep a relationship with a girl that treats you like dirt. Find a girl who respects you. If it doesn't work out shrug it off and say to yourself that you eliminated one person and are closer to the right one.

You have to learn that life really sucks and it downright rips your heart out at times, but it's a learning experience. It is normal to feel sad but in a few weeks you will go back to normal.

My honest advice is to delete her phone number, remove all things that remind you of her and don't listen to depressing music. Instead, exercise, meet with friends, get another girl and live life like you got it by the cajones. Live life and move on. It doesn't do any good to mope around about a girl.

Do whatever you can to stop thinking about her, and tomorrow go out there and start looking for another girl to sweep you off your feet.

It's your life, and don't let someone who isn't worth your time to make you feel sad. Get out there, keep your head up and stand tall and straight. The world is yours and don't let anyone get the best of you. The best attitude to have is that any girl would be lucky to have a guy like you and it's there loss if they don't see it.

Cheers man, and good luck. There is a silver lining in those clouds yet. B)

thats the best advise i've read here on this topic so far, the dude your are right there are way more fish in the sea to feast upon, i would say if the one doesnt work out than you are lucky cause it wasnt meant to be, before you get hooked up im a long term relationship make sure it's the right girl, you have a whole life ahead of you. your decision is what is best for you!!

thats the best advise i've read here on this topic so far, the dude your are right there are way more fish in the sea to feast upon, i would say if the one doesnt work out than you are lucky cause it wasnt meant to be, before you get hooked up im a long term relationship make sure it's the right girl, you have a whole life ahead of you. your decision is what is best for you!!

yes I agree wholeheartedly... forget planning for children, etc. anymore

From here on out... I'm a playa-in training... ladies prepare to be heartbroken

Man, thats just rude... someone broke your heart and now your "get back scheme" is to go and mess with OTHER girls heads? Come on now..

Man, thats just rude... someone broke your heart and now your "get back scheme" is to go and mess with OTHER girls heads? Come on now..

you may be in his shoe's someday. i know i was and i still feel the same way he does, i am not a women hater but i darn sure will not get that involved, unless they got lot's of $$$$$ LOL.

Well,

It's a bit like this- there are alot of nice girls out there, but if you aren't meeting them and you keep finding the same sort of heartbreaker the problem is YOU... least that's my experience with em.

There's plenty of nice girls I've met, and I just don't like 'em... at least not in the sense that I would want too date them.

You've got alot of time ahead of you O'Sal... don't hold it against em, just have fun with em while they're there and be careful

Sluts and Psychos each have their own type of risk factor to consider.

you may be in his shoe's someday. i know i was and i still feel the same way he does, i am not a women hater but i darn sure will not get that involved, unless they got lot's of $$$$$ LOL.

I HAVE been in his shoes, and am right now. It sucks. The almost exact thing happened with me that happened to him so i know what hes talking about. The change was so sudden and unexpected, its hard to grasp.

It's still no need to go and break good and innocent girls hearts like a :filtered: selfish snob. Sure, play the field, but dont go and get involved in a relationship and then mentally mess her up when she has feelings for you.

Edited by strukt

Now you're learnin'...stoop to her level!!!!!! :blink: To think/say "all girls are the same" is no different than assuming/saying "all men are the same"... everyone is a totally different person and has a totally different way of thinking about everything no matter what their sex is! I have never gotten along with girls, have had almost no female friends because I just never see eye to eye with the way that most females think. :geezer:(BTW...in case there are some that are still confused...I am female! ;) ) Edited by andromeda

I find it fasinating in these enlightened times to read such a thread as this and discover that the 'male macho' is still alive and exhuming it's egotistical bile.

There is a saying that 'long distance relationships' seldom, if ever; work. Heed it, for it is often very true.

When men start thinking of woman as a sub-species as is taking place here, then they have already lost the true reality of the relationship. Both men and women have feelings, desires, needs, and both do indeed think for themselves and react to their immediate environment. You males must get back on track and think of THE WOMAN in this discussion as an individual. It certainly is not, nor ever has been a case of 'us' vs. 'them'.

Sad, really.