Sign in to follow this  
OSalcido

Girlfriend of 4 Years Left me

I'm about to take a box of letters I've kept from her (most are 3-4 years old) and burn it in the backyard!

I wonder If i still have lighter fluid left ...

here's a snippet from a letter... maybe this will give you some insight into why i'm so shocked

dated August 13, 2005

What is it that I love about you? It has been a long time since I've written you a letter. First of all, I think I love you because you are "you". That's encompassing everything. But i'll go into minute details. Gosh do I love your voice. I love that cute little chuckle that you do, and right now I miss it so much I'd die just to hear it. I love that you're so funny, in that humor of yours, that it just gets me completely smitten. I love that you're honest and you're sugary sweet, my sugarbear!....

Love you so much, and you mean so much more to me than you and I will ever know or believe. I am not so deserving, but if you will be mine, than I shall keep you forever.

Of course, there are a lot of other things that I just love - like the way you love me and how special you always make me feel. But i will not go into detail about that because this letter is for you! I love, love, love you though. My sweety, my love, my life.

I want to :filtered: on this one before I set it alight but I'm afraid it will just burn slower

my only reason for posting this is to let you all know that even if you're madly in love that nothing lasts forever. I made the mistake of letting my guard down to allow this evil, barely human being into my life. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!

Edited by OSalcido

more..

Dated February 16, 2005

You, and only you, are the one I always think about and the one I can't stop thinking about. To me, you are the greatest friend that anyone could ever have and I am so glad & I am so grateful that you are mine. I want you to know that I will always love you and [blah blah blah]

are no words that could ever describe or thank you enough for what you've done for me. [blah] I want to say thank you so, so much for being so cute and so sweet [blah blah]

Dated June 9, 2005

... and I'd never, ever want to lose you or do anything to lose you. I'm sorry honey. I just feel so bad! Honey, I can't help it. I want to apologie from the bottom of my heart for being so mean to you, sweety. I don't ever want to do that again

Edited by OSalcido

Order a pizza, grab a six pack of beer and stay up until 2am watching movies that your girlfriend would never watch with you. As a bachelor you have only one obligation, and that is to drink as much beer and eat as much pizza as you possibly can. You will find someone else, someone that adors you as much as you adore them, and when you find that person they will not leave you for anything.

Well I think you should do what any regular gentleman would do, pack up your heart, your shirt, boots, and get up on that highway and find a "brand new girlfriend"! More than one fish in the sea brother, and she's not "albacore". ;) (if ya' get my drift) Shoooooot only 20 yr. old, the right girl will come along and you'll know her when you lay eyes on her. Keep the faith!

:geezer:

Similar thing happened to me, except my girlfriend is still with me right now. Almost 1 year and 6 months. I really love her, and I'm sure you did also. When I posted in this forum, it was hard for me to express just how close we were. I totally understand how you feel right now. The pitsters told me that if it was meant to be, she'll come back to me. I think this applies to you too.

I found that the best thing is to just let it happen. She'll know how much you love her and she'll come back to you, if it's meant to be, that is. And plus, that's only if you still want her back, that stupid :filtered:! Happy?

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get over this.

P.S. Don't act like you want her back. The more pathetic you make yourself seem, the more she'll push you away. Trust me, I've been through a lot of ups and downs. Try to be there for her, but don't go out of your way.

Heck, if you don't even want her back, then dump her when she comes crawling back! She doesn't deserve you. Girls will be girls. When someone else gives them attention, they'll feed off it like hungry hyenas.

:beer: :beer: :beer: and more :beer: that is the cure my man... and don,t let any of these "girly men" tell you otherwise

Drown your sorrows my friend... bourbon,scotch whiskey and gin that is the cureall...

Buy the way I know the pain my friend, been there done that as they say...been married now almost 20 yrs I remember my first love running away and leaving just like it was this morning still hurts and probably always will..no real cure for that...the booze thing is just a short term cure but it does help a bit ...for me anyway...

htz likehell ................... :wub::yucky:

One thought....she won't talk to you because she knows she hurt you. She dosn't want to feel any more guilty than she has too....most selfish.

Thats a take on it I have never really figured out Jacee... since I cannot readilly empathise with the female perspective I will have to take it honestly.

I guess that something uncomfortable like that is a bit difficult to deal with... but it goes back too the whole deal of honesty. If you have been less than honest with yourself let alone the other then you have alot to run from.

I guess that's one thing I've never had much of a problem with, and consequently have no guilt for my actions.

O- Good news is that you will get more chances- Caintry Boy says good stuff. Pack on to greener pastures.

Find yourself another cuter girl to hang out with- not so much to date, but to be friends with; you will get at least two things from it. If the ex finds out and sees who you are with she will become very jealous (girls are irrationally jealous creatures), and you will also have a foot in the door with any of that girl's friends... just make sure you don't get distracted by that particular girl.

A final piece of good wisdom before I go to sleep: Stay away from nerdy type girls- they are for the most part only as smart if slightly more than you, it makes for a strong contest of wills and leads to too many fights. Also stay away from "easy marks"- that is, girls that don't seem to be too good with guys or people in general; those types are often damaged goods and come with some suprise baggage you may not be ready too deal with... unless you have had experience and know what too look for. Then if you are an "arrogent heartless/selfish creep" like me you can actually enjoy the experience and for the most part they can too.

Edited by FrankenBox

i too have felt your pain christmas of 2004 who i thought was the one and only left me after 4yrs. I really felt like my life was over i dident eat for 11 days i lost 17lbs my stomach felt like it had ate my heart. 2 years later i still think about her but now its just the good times we had together not that i wish she would get hit by a truck but any how look at it as better now then 10yrs down the road when you have built a home and all the other fruits of a relationship...................hang in there bro i promise it gets beter :)

friends are what you need at the moment to talk to and keep your mind at ease :grouphug:

I was introduced to Nicole when she was 19 through a racing game nonetheless. I fell in love with her over the phone before I ever saw her face. It was exactly the way I had daydreamed it would be. Nothing physical to cloud judgements. Eight months of long, late night phone calls told us we had everything in common. I knew even then that she would wander. She had alot to learn at that age and I couldn't hope to teach her all of it. I was ready for that. I told her parents that as I faced them for the first time. I had hoped that my willingness to talk and answer any questions they had would show my genuine feelings for thier daughter. The fact that I am 14 years older than her wouldn't allow them to listen though. You may be thinking as you read this that I am nothing more than an old pervert just as they did. Well they didn't know me and neither do you. No one knows my true feelings as well as I do except Nicole. I have told her and shown her many times over. The difference is they had a chance to know me and refused it. Nicole knows me though and she loves me as much as I love her. Naturally at that age she wasn't ready for that commitment and she panicked and ran. I was devastated but I kept it to myself. I wished her luck and I meant it but my heart remained with her since then. Cliche as it may be, if you love something set it free.

I'm sure she has had a few lovers since then and ended up settling for a man who could pay the bills. They have little if anything in common and she is starting to realize that she sold her love for comfort. She is miserable in that relationship because of it and is working on wandering back to me. The only man who ever let her, no, insisted that she be herself no matter the consequences. I was and am ready to change my whole world to suit hers. This time though, it has to be her to take that leap of faith that she stopped me from taking three years ago. My patience has paid off and now I know I will spend the rest of my life with her. I have no doubt of that.

My point here is, at the age of 20, there is still too much to explore about oneself and the world. Its a full plate at any age but with the added stimulus of college it must be overwhelming. She is only being mean about it because it is easier for her that way. Use some of these words and give her the space she feels she needs because she does need it. She will think better of you for the room to grow and so will you. You cant experience anything second hand. This time in both your lives is for gathering experience and growing. The pain she caused is experience for you both. She may be regretting it even now.

Hate is a very strong word but so is love. Anyone who can toss either out there easily obviously doesn't know what they mean.

Just ONE post calling her a :filtered:, :filtered:, :filtered:, etc. would be welcome

that chick is a biotch and one serious :filtered:-hole!! :yucky:

....you would'a dumped her :filtered: anyways, so she just saved you the trouble. ;)

.....how am i doin'?

:beer:

Edited by JackeL

Just ONE post calling her a :filtered:, :filtered:, :filtered:, etc. would be welcome

that chick is a biotch and one serious :filtered:-hole!! :yucky:

....you would'a dumped her :filtered: anyways, so she just saved you the trouble. ;)

looks like you use too many bad words lol hehe :P

8 Things that will heal a broken heart.

Breaking up is never fun. The end of a relationship means the beginning of a period of mourning and healing for both people. If the break up was mutual both people will experience a period of adjustment where they are getting used to no longer being together. If the break up was not mutual the person who ended things may be dealing with guilt and feelings that they may have made a mistake. The person being broken up with will definitely have to adjust, first to being rejected and second to life without somebody they still care for. How do you get through those first few weeks? Here we list eight essential things everybody must do in the early days of a break up to let the healing begin.

1. Avoid the former love. Yes, avoid. No, this isn’t being immature. Seeing your former flame can bring out emotions and may cause you do to or say something you will regret. In the first few weeks the best thing you can do for yourself is not be where you know they will be.

2. Talk out your feelings with close friends. Get everything out so that you won’t hold it inside. Your friends may get sick of hearing you talk about the situation but you need to let out all your feelings and thoughts or they may come back to bite you later.

3. Cry if you want to. It’s OK to cry over a loss. Don’t hold back, let the tears roll just do it in a safe and private place where it is unlikely to get back to your ex. You don’t want your tears to be used as a guilt trip. Their purpose is to cleanse you of any pain not make your lover come back.

4. Let go of mementos. Put away or give away anything and everything that reminds you of the relationship. Hide them out of sight so they will be out of mind until you are able to remember the relationship without longing for it to still be going strong.

5. Don’t slip up and get together with your ex. When you are feeling sad or missing a relationship it can be very easy to fall back in to the arms of your ex but DO NOT DO THIS. This will only set you back and let’s face it, if things ended the relationship wasn’t perfect to begin with so why would you want to rekindle things?

6. Focus on all the things about your ex that drove you crazy, turned you off, or that you just plain found annoying. Think about these things often and replay them in your mind over and over. Dwell on them. It will make you feel better to remember that your former flame was not perfect and that there are things you won’t really miss.

7. Think about the mean, cruel or rude things your ex may have done in your relationship. Really give these things play in your memory. Remind yourself that somebody who truly cared for you would not have done such thoughtless things and tell yourself (over and over) that you are better off without that kind of ego crushing behavior in your life.

8. Maintain a strict no contact policy and stick with it. Don’t pass notes through friends. Don’t make any calls. Stay away from instant messaging or texting on your cell. Just don’t contact your ex until you are totally and completely sure you no longer want to be with him or her. It is the only way.

Mending a broken heart is not easy but it can be done. Just stick to the game plan outlined above and before you know it you’ll be just fine. Good luck!

may that help (if at all)

ineedhelpregularly21 :beer:

Edited by ineedhelpregularly21

Dude just enjoy your freedom and go hunting for a fitter bird. This :filtered: sees you with a new bird she will get so damn jealous, especially if you're happy... for some reason women are like that. Don't beat yourself up over it, you're too young for that and this is just one of those experiences that most people go through.

On a side note, make sure you're ex isn't a psycho because if she is you'll have some problems if/when you find a new bird.

You may laugh now but I had an experience that made me want to murder the :filtered:... but I figured I won't give her the satisfaction or any attention for that matter.