Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Looking for rules violations.

So here I sit early this morning, wondering why threads are being closed when there are no rules violations in the threads being closed.

Especially and specifically the HJT Certification thread.

I realize that certain admins know everything about everyone and will decide who is capable of helping members and who is not, but I hadn't realized that without good reason, and with no clear rules violations that "discussions" are to be closed.

Is there some reason I am unaware of, other then the continuance of the I will put you in your place mentality that threads are being closed in GD?

If need be we will just have start new identical threads, so we can carry on with our "discussions".

Edited by Bruce

Apparently this ideal, and basic principle was lost somewhwere along the line. ;)

This is not your average Computer forum. We are proud of the fact that despite of our growing numbers we continue to remain extremely friendly to both new members and regular visitors.

Trust me on this one is not lost

As my Grandfather once said

"Some things are best left unsaid, and this is one of them."

So I will just keep my mouth shut rather than stomp all over a few toes.

Edited by The Bear

It is our toes that are being stomped on. I have no problems with things being edited, removed, or closed when there rules violations.

However, there seems to be a trend as of late to close things, because they just don't like the topic.

The topic is a legitimate one. It violated no rules, people were still discussing it, and there was absolutely no reason to close it.

I realize that some of the other lame :filtered: forums operate that way, but it is not the way this forum operates.

Just went through this recently, and I if I need to take the same steps as before to get these topics opened back up I will.

They closed that topic?!?

-Pfft I say! Isn't it illegal to refuse someones right to an opinion?

To quote my BF "everybody's entitled to my opinion"...heehee!!!!!! :geezer:

:laughing::laughing:

Trouble is?

If it doesn't agree with other peoples' Opinion, you can't voice it?

Drovers Dog...

Look, I think you might want to leave here, because I sent a complaint email to an Administrator just minutes ago. Other than that, you're just making your own problems worse. You might actually be closer to a ban from the boards than you think.

And btw, peeps, don't feed the troll!

Topic closed after that?

What Rules did I Break?

Do certain Members Rule Here?

:nono::sparkle::pullhair::sparkle:

Edited by Drovers Dog

I too have noticed. I was beginning to take a particular interest in the HJT Certification Topic. I too realize that no rules were violated and the topic seemed to be closed because a certain moderator felt it was contradicting their authority over the HJT section.

But hey that's just me.

Well if I were to take a wild guess, I'd assume that whatever was said that was a rule violation probably got deleted or pulled before any of us got a chance to read what was said. And if a thread is getting so out of hand that the mods or admins have to babysit it...I'd say it's either close it or pull it time...

*sigh* ....closing the HJT thread was just asking for this.

there really was no good reason to close it. :mrsgreen: those who posted there raised a valid point and the discussion was completely civil.

...just my 2 cents.

:beer:

*sigh* ....closing the HJT thread was just asking for this.

there really was no good reason to close it. :mrsgreen: those who posted there raised a valid point and the discussion was completely civil.

...just my 2 cents.

:beer:

:laughing::laughing:

Closing a Thread is a Serious thing!

It can be from three ways!

1. It is against the Rules! Then it is a Simple Matter of inforcing the Rules!

2. I (meaning Staff) don't like what you are saying!

3. I (meaning Staff) don't like a Complaint from a Member, don't like your Post either!

:sparkle::wub::wub:

Bruce, i just did some research, and back reading about this whole HJT crap. and i agree, it is a bunch of crap!!

what's next, a hand picked few that can give advice in U2U? i really don't see the difference. someone can give bad and system damaging advice in U2U as easily as HJT....

i'm just soo mad at what I read in that closed thread!!! I don't even really know what to say.

:pullhair: this place is unbelievable sometimes.

Bruce, i just did some research, and back reading about this whole HJT crap. and i agree, it is a bunch of crap!!

what's next, a hand picked few that can give advice in U2U? i really don't see the difference. someone can give bad and system damaging advice in U2U as easily as HJT....

i'm just soo mad at what I read in that closed thread!!! I don't even really know what to say.

:pullhair: this place is unbelievable sometimes.

I hear you buddy, just look through the HJT forum and see how many unanswered topics there are. It is ridiculous that they are turning down perfectly able people just because they would rather spend their time doing something productive rather then relearning stuff they have known for years.

Post your wallpaper.

Songs that begin with A.

Songs that begin with B.

Songs that begin....ad nauseam.

Those are Jacee threads.

They look in, but don't have the balls to comment, explain, or justify their miserable attitudes and sensless censorship.

Just have to start the whole thing over. :shrug:

Post your wallpaper.

Songs that begin with A.

Songs that begin with B.

Songs that begin....ad nauseam.

Those are Jacee threads.

rock

crawl

under

:boxing:

Bruce....the Pit just ain't the Pit anymore.

MayBE'...but at least it's not "the pits" anymore either... :clap:

Edited by andromeda

Well I've been reading and trying to understand but I just don't agree with you guys. Bruce is a great friend of mine but I guess there are a few things we disagree on. I don't buy the arugment that since you can give bad advice in user to user it should be ok to give bad advice in HJT. What kind of an arguement is that?

All the forums here have their own flavor. They also have their own unwritten rules. Most of the forums have people who are dedicated to that forum more than others. I can't imagine getting advice on Linux from DD, but from what you are saying that should be perfectly fine. While I know that's possible under the rules I can't imagine the fine people of the Linux forum would let that happen. ( no offense DD but I just don't see you posting there often)

Things do change you know. Not all change is bad. It might be that one day you will have to be approved to give advice in the User to User Help section. There may also be a day when 23 people are giving bad advice in the Linux section. Lets hope not but when that day comes I know at least one person that will have an opinion on what to do about it. JMO.

Your posting the wrong topic in the wrong thread. Go away you bad boy you :lol:

This one was about closing threads for no good apparent reason. :boxing:

I remember a guy who years ago had a tough time finding his way around a Bios. He is today in my opinion one of the best overclockers this forum has.

I wonder if that guy would still be here, if he were not allowed to post advice about hardware because he doesn't have a certificate from another forum. ;)

I don't buy the arugment that since you can give bad advice in user to user it should be ok to give bad advice in HJT. What kind of an arguement is that?

With all due respect Shogan... I think the argument is the reverse... its more like

since you can give good advice in user to user it should be ok to give good advice in HJT.

I wonder if that guy would still be here, if he were not allowed to post advice about hardware because he doesn't have a certificate from another forum. ;)

They may be or may not be here, but if they would have completed training then yes they would be able to post to HJT logs in that forum...

Well I've been reading and trying to understand but I just don't agree with you guys. Bruce is a great friend of mine but I guess there are a few things we disagree on. I don't buy the arugment that since you can give bad advice in user to user it should be ok to give bad advice in HJT. What kind of an arguement is that?

All the forums here have their own flavor. They also have their own unwritten rules. Most of the forums have people who are dedicated to that forum more than others. I can't imagine getting advice on Linux from DD, but from what you are saying that should be perfectly fine. While I know that's possible under the rules I can't imagine the fine people of the Linux forum would let that happen. ( no offense DD but I just don't see you posting there often)

Things do change you know. Not all change is bad. It might be that one day you will have to be approved to give advice in the User to User Help section. There may also be a day when 23 people are giving bad advice in the Linux section. Lets hope not but when that day comes I know at least one person that will have an opinion on what to do about it. JMO.

DD can still post in linux forums if he wishes to do so, it is not a no aussie zone or anything

rstones12

Sad when people with 34 posts, are here telling us who should be able to post how and where. :mrsgreen:

Thank you for making my point ever so clear.

BTW, who the hell are ya :lol:

Edited by Bruce