Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Looking for rules violations.

Sad when people with 34 posts, are here telling us who should be able to post how and where.

Did I ever say who could post here no, only that if they had completed training they could post to HJT logs. I only have 34 posts, you gotta start somewhere..

Maybe this would be a helpful read.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=70507

After being a member for a year and "certified" I would hope to see you doing your job as others are not allowed. 34 posts in a year is a dismal.

You think you are showing me something I am not aware of :lol:

BTW, the Certified HJT thread is over here.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=122823

This one is about closing threads for no apparent reason.

Heh, We don't know each other well, but I know enough to say rstones12 is qualified enough to say just about anything he wants on the subject of HJT, and on just about any forum he chooses that implements HJT. ;)

Might I suggest that folks who wish to discuss HJT, join in on the thread we have going on that topic so as not to distract from the impoortant issue that this one addresses.

This thread was started in protest of threads being closed in General Discussions for no apparent reason, and when no violation of the rules is present.

The thread in question has been reopened and I welcome all of you to join in on it.

BTW, the Certified HJT thread is over here.

This one is about closing threads for no apparent reason.

You are correct, this thread is about the "closing of threads" so I will leave you with this personal invitation.

I invite you to join the GeekU classroom at:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Would_you_l...ware-t4817.html

It will be my personal goal to see you through your training.. And best of all its free... :)

LOL, of course I'm posting in the wrong thread. Where else would I post.

I guess what I have a problem with is that because this forum has grown so much it is easy to get bad advice in any forum here. You ( meaning the all inclusive we all ) hate to see things change to where there are rules or limits but you also hate to see someone giving absolutely horrible advice to someone who has no clue and is wanting despirately to fix their machine.

BTW, when I started here there were a very few people giving advice on anything to anybody. It was controlled with an iron fist by you volt and a couple of other guys. You guys came down like an anvil on anyone who was giving bad advice and infact told many of us to wait before posting advice. Today the forum, no wait, forums have grown to the point that there's no way to have that sort of control any more. The HJT forum is the only forum that has any sort of official limit on who can post advice. I just don't know that it's a bad thing. The one thing that I do know is that the limits were put on in an effort to help people without causing more problems for them. There wasn't anything sinister about it.

I can tell you that if I was as smart as I know Bruce is and as some of you think you are, then I would run to the other forum to get certified. The pride thing just isn' that big a deal. Who cares where you get certified. Oh, and picture this in the other thread. :P

Not interested thanks.

I am a member of this forum, and I choose to learn from the members here.

I have learned more in my time here from great members willing to help here, then anywahere else on the internet.

I find it sad that the best people can do these days, is say go somewhere else to learn.

You have again made my point for me, in a better way then any ever could.

So the comment I will make in "this thread" about HJT, is this, when we send people away to learn the things we know rather then sharing them here we do our own members a serious disservice.

When we do not allow our members to offer assistance, then we do everyone who comes here for a help a serious disservice.

When we don't help our members here to learn new things here, and then deny them the opportunity to help others here because they haven't learned, the we do the forum a serious disservice.

Edited by Bruce

But you have learned about Linux at forums other than PC Pitstop, right. And you do share what you've learned with others here,right. And YOUR/OUR Linux forum is growing because of what you've learned and brought here, right?

Is it the idea that some other forum is naming themselves as the end all certification of HJT. Are they in someway affiliated with whoever wrote the program?

Also this will be my last post here because it is infact the perfect example. It demonstrated why there are rules. Governing forums, thread, and how they are enforced. Sorry for posting in the wrong area. I'll accept your moderation and move along. :)

But you have learned about Linux at forums other than PC Pitstop, right. And you do share what you've learned with others here,right. And YOUR/OUR Linux forum is growing because of what you've learned and brought here, right?

Is it the idea that some other forum is naming themselves as the end all certification of HJT. Are they in someway affiliated with whoever wrote the program?

Also this will be my last post here because it is infact the perfect example. It demonstrated why there are rules. Governing forums, thread, and how they are enforced. Sorry for posting in the wrong area. I'll accept your moderation and move along. :)

He is not certified by some random site though, he must not be a linux 'expert' then :rolleyes: I know when I have a problem with linux I would much rather have Bruce help me then a so called trusted linux advisor who has taken a 2 week course online and hasn't touched linux since. I have the perfect example; lets say your computer won't boot up, you have two choices where to take it (Best Buy or the neighbour) the guy at Best Buy saw a computer for the first time two weeks ago when he took his 3 day crash course on computers, your neighbour does not have the 'Best Buy certification' but he has used a computer for decades and is a wizard when it comes to fixing this stuff. The choice is clear to me, and it doesn't involve the guy in the yellow and blue smock. Your buddy in the blue smock may remember a couple of things from his 'extensive certification process' ;) but surely a person who has knowledge of the inner workings will remember that explorer is more then just what his mom or dad drove him to work in.

Heh, We don't know each other well, but I know enough to say rstones12 is qualified enough to say just about anything he wants on the subject of HJT, and on just about any forum he chooses that implements HJT. ;)

LMAO, I'm Canadian, does that mean I'm qualified to join the NHL? Just because you are, doesn't mean you can.

Rebuttal? <(Look it up if you don't understand)

Edited by Salo35

LMAO, I'm Canadian, does that mean I'm qualified to join the NHL? Just because you are, doesn't mean you can.

Funny that you use that word. :mrwinky: And nobody here has said anything about you being good enough to join the NHL... big difference. :)

with regards

Funny that you use that word. :mrwinky: And nobody here has said anything about you being good enough to join the NHL... big difference. :)

with regards

I have watched him play hockey and I personally think that he is good enough to make the NHL, now his point is substantiated. :clap:

I have watched him play hockey and I personally think that he is good enough to make the NHL, now his point is substantiated.

Then why aint he in it? And you don't play in the NHL either (well you might but I'm guessing you don't).

with regards

Then why aint he in it? And you don't play in the NHL either (well you might but I'm guessing you don't).

with regards

:laughing::laughing:

Just someone Tell me?????

How the Heck did I get put forward as any thing to do with Linux?

I Expect an Apology!

Bad enough for other Names Called at me, without an Apology!

:sparkle::pullhair::sparkle:

:clap::clap:

I am very Patient!

This was Posted

All the forums here have their own flavor. They also have their own unwritten rules. Most of the forums have people who are dedicated to that forum more than others. I can't imagine getting advice on Linux from DD, but from what you are saying that should be perfectly fine. While I know that's possible under the rules I can't imagine the fine people of the Linux forum would let that happen. ( no offense DD but I just don't see you posting there often)

I Challange the Staff Member that made that Comment to show Cause!

I have Never Posted in the Linux Forum, using my name is Libelist!

I am well known on this Forum as DD!

I was quite a Regular Poster in U2U, gave heaps of Advice there!

:nono::sparkle::pullhair::sparkle:

Edited by Drovers Dog

With all due respect Shogan... I think the argument is the reverse... its more like

What in the world is HJT training anyways? Is this something sponsored or even recognized by Microsoft or other software/hardware/security/computer organizations and companies? To me it seems that someone just claimed to be a HJT expert and decided to start his/her own club to certify others...how do we know they are doing it right :laughing:

The only certs that I am familiar with are the ones that come from Microsoft, Comptia, and Cisco....not some online forum.

I dont see the issue with having HJT certified people BUT I do see a problem with preventing people who arent giving advice.

As long as it is clear that certain people are certified and certain people are not then its up to the individual to decide whos advice they will and will not take.

The custom pc's forum here is a perfect example. You can do twice as much damage there than you can to a computer following the wrong advice in the HJT forums yet they are controlled and overclocking is not.

Lastly, debate about how the forums are run is a good thing. The users make this forum and have allowed pcpitstop to grow and even offer service and products. If it werent for those who participate this forum would have died a long time ago.

Listen to the users and make changes as needed. Dont lock them/us out from making changes.

I dont see the issue with having HJT certified people BUT I do see a problem with preventing people who arent giving advice.

As long as it is clear that certain people are certified and certain people are not then its up to the individual to decide whos advice they will and will not take.

The custom pc's forum here is a perfect example. You can do twice as much damage there than you can to a computer following the wrong advice in the HJT forums yet they are controlled and overclocking is not.

Lastly, debate about how the forums are run is a good thing. The users make this forum and have allowed pcpitstop to grow and even offer service and products. If it werent for those who participate this forum would have died a long time ago.

Listen to the users and make changes as needed. Dont lock them/us out from making changes.

:pullhair::pullhair:

Magic?

Staff do it all the Time?

I ask one more Time for the Staff Member to Show Cause!

I know Most Staff are, not that Particular way?

Are they Wrong? Or you in a minority Group?

Said in the nicest way! I am just an Aussie! I am in a Minority Group Here!

Yet not allowed to say much?

Hey DD,

Shoggie did include this: "( no offense DD but I just don't see you posting there often)" sorry that you took any offense. Maybe I should edit it so that my name is used instead, I certainally do not post in the Linux forum and believe that the point that was being made would not be lost.

Pick your battles, that's my advise. Do with it as you wish.

:)Y

Who knows.........maybe DD is Linus Torvalds in cognito :laughing:

Somehow, I have my doubts. But hey, ya never know! :mrgreen:

Said in the nicest way! I am just an Aussie! I am in a Minority Group Here!

Not really DD...I am Canadian. :mrgreen:

One of those truly "Special" Canadians Hawk!

Always proud to post along side of you, my friend.