Sign in to follow this  
Dark12

Thinking of purchasing a laptop

I'd just buy whatever is the best deal. The Turion64 X2 is roughly on par with Core Duo in terms of power consumption and performance.

Battery life won't be much if it's a gaming laptop you want. Although the vid card on the Turion64 X2 laptop you listed sucks, it's better than onboard.

The laptop is $600 cheaper than what Caintry listed though, and it's probably still cheaper than most Core Duo laptops.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/produ...;l=en&s=dhs

That's the only thing in it's price range from Dell.

Edited by brandon

Its not a gaming laptop I want.

Its a mobile laptop that can handle games I want.

I think ive decided to stick around for the core2duo. I just hope itll be available soon!

Why wait? There are perfectly good Core Duo & Turion64 X2 laptops dropping like a rock in price, and they provide plenty of performance.

What games do you plan on playing?

Edited by brandon

Why wait? There are perfectly good Core Duo & Turion64 X2 laptops dropping like a rock in price, and they provide plenty of performance.

What games do you plan on playing?

Are you serious? He said he'll wait for a more powerful CPU that uses the same power as the current one for the same price. I would not recommend a Turion 64 now in a laptop.. maybe a few months ago before Core Duo was out. Also when Merom comes out towards the end of this month the current prices will be even lower.. win win either way. :thud:

Are you serious? He said he'll wait for a more powerful CPU that uses the same power as the current one for the same price. I would not recommend a Turion 64 now in a laptop.. maybe a few months ago before Core Duo was out. Also when Merom comes out towards the end of this month the current prices will be even lower.. win win either way. :thud:

Well, if they're the same price, then I take back what I said. So far though, I've yet to see a Core 2 based laptop, much less the price of one.

Edited by brandon

He said he'll wait for a more powerful CPU that uses the same power as the current one for the same price.

Based on what I have read, "Merom" has a higher TDP than Core Duo, but it got 7 minutes better battery life. So it doesn't quite use the same amount of power.

I still doubt that the laptops will be the same price as older Core Duo laptops. New tech always incurs a premium just for that fact that it's new.

http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2808

Dark, wait for Core 2 laptops if you want, but if you need one now, there are plenty of Core Duo & Turion64 X2 laptops out there.

Edited by brandon

think i might hafta buy a merom chip when they come out and upgrade is at ALL possible.

dell warranty will prolly be :filtered: but i'm sure i' could just throw in the old chip and complain like a baby to get anything resolved, LOL

Take the best you can get with out lots of money spent

get a GATEWAY

Look for this model MX7515

ps

The MX7515 will have the Win-64 bit O/S

to have a good laptop you would need to change the O/S to Win XP PRO

Then you will have a good laptop.

Edited by remotewizz