Sign in to follow this  
Seldom

HJT Certified

Clutch the pearls, what a sneaky thing to do. Guess it makes it a lot easier to find someone who shares your viewpoint though. :P Thats OK but if they disagree I'll get concerned. :lol:

Pretty sneaky :filtered: when my mom popped my brother out at nearly the same time as me; sneaky sneaky :rolleyes:

I have a twin...we are 7 minutes apart and neither one of us forget what the other one says or does. We are individuals and have our own ideas ..we own up to our own, as we should.

So...your point with cupu being suspended for 72 hours means what Salo35?

pardon? I didn't realize I made an implication about that situation, I was merely commenting on what I thought was a suggestion that cpuguru and myself were the same person which I assure you we aren't; that is all.

Pretty sneaky :filtered: when my mom popped my brother out at nearly the same time as me; sneaky sneaky :rolleyes:

I owe you both a sincere apology. And it proves the assume thing true again. I assumed that the administrator had proof that you were the same person by IP address. After I read your last post I went back and found the following:

My 2000 S-10 isn't chipped so I can just get a regular $4 key cut for it, my brother's Ranger is chipped though so he is in the same boat if he needs a key cut.

hey psicon, I just bought a 2001 Ranger a few weeks back...it's a blast to drive :) . Not for everyone I'm sure, but man I love mine so far. Mine had a stupid splash decal on the side, so I took that off :)

Sorry for whatever indignity I put on you both.

I owe you both a sincere apology. And it proves the assume thing true again. I assumed that the administrator had proof that you were the same person by IP address. After I read your last post I went back and found the following:

Man that's cool, I can definately see the similarities in our dialect and opinions; I suppose that'd be a product of our upbringing and enviroment, the mistake is often made even in person so don't feel bad :P

Sorry for whatever indignity I put on you both.

It is no problem at all buddy. You can also tell by our grammar that we are not the same person; salo35 does not know how to properly use a semi-colon. :P FYI salo, a semi-colon is a soft period between two related sentences. Edited by cpuguru

My personal opinion,

I have been a member here for a long time. Not as long as the originals, but long enough to where I know where this forum came from and where it is now, as well as in between.

I do believe there have been events which have discouraged members... regulars, sometimes to the point of leaving the forum forever. This has increased if no one has noticed.

That is quite off topic though.

All forums should be created equal. All advice is good. When I say all advice is good I mean everyone learns from advice, whether it is advice that is faulty, or advice that brings sucess. If the advice is faulty, there should be members to raise the red flag. HJT trusted labeled members make mistakes. For some reason, the general population, some being respected long time members, are unable to throw in their input on the problem. Their advice may be correct, or it may be wrong. Everyone should be able to work together and have the right solution. You shouldn't ask for help, and try the first thing someone posts without waiting for someone else to say there is a mistake. Mistakes happen in ALL advice forums. You could technically get some one killed in the overclocking forum... modding a PSU, for instance. Or like Bruce said, a wrong configuration file in linux can easily make hardware burst into flames. That is extreme, but it's the truth. It isn't called an online community for nothing. "Trusted" should be a mark indicating that the member has gone through training, not to give them power over other members. We are here to help eachother. To correct eachother, to expand upon together, to think together, to come up with ideas together. To suceed together.

Together as in everyone, not just a selected few.

I didn't post this to offend anyone. Please don't think I did.

Edited by lilbill08

:rofl2: There is currently eight of us hanging out to see when the shoe will drop.

We need to do better we are better people than that, intelligent people can communicate and work out their differences. It's that, Status Quo or :

According to Clemenza, it's been "ten years" since the last Mafia blood-war, but they often have healing consequences: "Helps to get rid of the bad blood.

Personally I think there is no better group of folks than these found here. We can all learn from anyone. The only ones that can't learn are those who know everything they have already closed their mind. But no matter how uneducated someone is, their life experience has taught them something you do not know, you can learn from them. There are no people without value.

I think we owe it to the Pitstop, Dave and Chengrob to stop beating each other up and name calling and work together to resolve what has become a divisive issue here.

My personal opinion,

I have been a member here for a long time. Not as long as the originals, but long enough to where I know where this forum came from and where it is now, as well as in between.

I do believe there have been events which have discouraged members... regulars, sometimes to the point of leaving the forum forever. This has increased if no one has noticed.

All forums should be created equal. All advice is good. When I say all advice is good I mean everyone learns from advice, whether it is advice that is faulty, or advice that brings sucess. If the advice is faulty, there should be members to raise the red flag. HJT trusted labeled members make mistakes. For some reason, the general population, some being respected long time members, are unable to throw in their input on the problem. Their advice may be correct, or it may be wrong. Everyone should be able to work together and have the right solution. You shouldn't ask for help, and try the first thing someone posts without waiting for someone else to say there is a mistake. Mistakes happen in ALL advice forums. You could technically get some one killed in the overclocking forum... modding a PSU, for instance. Or like Bruce said, a wrong configuration file in linux can easily make hardware burst into flames. That is extreme, but it's the truth. It isn't called an online community for nothing. We are here to help eachother. To correct eachother, to expand upon together, to think together, to come up with ideas together. To suceed together.

The real question shouldn't be if Salo35 and me are the same person, rather it should be if Bill is really as young as he says :P;)

That was a fantastic post Bill, it summed up everything I wanted to say except far more eloquent then I could have put it.

It is no problem at all buddy. You can also tell by our grammar that we are not the same person; salo35 does not know how to properly use a semi-colon. :P FYI salo, a semi-colon is a soft period between two related sentences.

My real name is Matt; I like semi-colons more than anything; Periods suck; run on sentences are great; semi-colons are used when you have no clue what else to use and don't want to end your sentence; FYI guru, I don't care the context I use my punctuation!;.,'

My personal opinion,

All forums should be created equal. All advice is good. When I say all advice is good I mean everyone learns from advice, whether it is advice that is faulty, or advice that brings sucess. If the advice is faulty, there should be members to raise the red flag. HJT trusted labeled members make mistakes. For some reason, the general population, some being respected long time members, are unable to throw in their input on the problem. Their advice may be correct, or it may be wrong. Everyone should be able to work together and have the right solution. You shouldn't ask for help, and try the first thing someone posts without waiting for someone else to say there is a mistake. Mistakes happen in ALL advice forums. You could technically get some one killed in the overclocking forum... modding a PSU, for instance. Or like Bruce said, a wrong configuration file in linux can easily make hardware burst into flames. That is extreme, but it's the truth. It isn't called an online community for nothing. "Trusted" should be a mark indicating that the member has gone through training, not to give them power over other members. We are here to help eachother. To correct eachother, to expand upon together, to think together, to come up with ideas together. To suceed together.

We have a young commie in the works right now :clap::clap::clap:

I wouldn't go that far.

:P

Communism ain't that bad, unless you want the extra steak :P

Edited by Salo35

On a more serious note; I know I won't solve anything here, I've posted my opinion several times. If you care to make reforms to the current system I'd applaud that, if not then I'll be disappointed however, I'll live under the rules of the system you implement. I'd like to thank everyone that stuck with this topic, obviously some passionate people on this forum which makes it such a great place.

My opinion has been stated many times as well so with that being said, I am out of this thread as well. I would appreciate any attempt for a more progressive system with regards to the HJT forum; however, I expect that the status quo will remain and that hundreds or thousands of people will go unhelped because of this archaic system.

A week without the HJT trusted advisor status requirement is all I ask, to prove once and for all if it is required all of the time. Obviously the moderators would still reserve the right to restore the previous system within the week assuming there is some unforseen problem.

This is just an observation, I think that the HJT Forum is handling all the logs just fine.

I'm sure that they could use more help but they can't help it if the original person posting the log doesn't come back. For whatever reason.

I just wish that we knew what was safe to treat as just the virus and what even running Ewido would mess up their analysis of the log. I know it isn't that simple but even a generalization would help. Either way, I don't see anything wrong with having them run a Pit Test to see what is going on. I could very well be wrong.

I've said this before but I hate to send someone to that forum just to have them sent to u2u. It seems like the run around to me.

Bruce, please read these quotes again:

cpu- similar situation for me, except that my PM was more like a cease and desist letter. After I continued to help the person through PM's I was promptly banned for a week, I believe it was a week give or take a day or two

jacee-cpuguru, you were put in 'timeout' for 72 hours

cpu- we were both helping the same person by PM, Salo35 stopped PMing him back while I continued despite being warned

Bruce- Insane that anyone could be banned for helping another member via PM. Simply blows my mind.

Personal messages are just that, personal messages

Jacee-

No one was banned The person who was given advice pm'd me to tell me they were being p'md by a non HJT advisor.

A 'timeout' was called for on account of the arguments (via pm) that this fiasco caused. AND, the challenge that was given to me via the pm's. It's in the boardroom records and it was agreed upon the time out/cool down session.

Bruce- Unless cpu or Salo were threatening, or otherwise harrassing this individual then it is in no way shape or form a violation of any rule. Or are the rules just being made up as we go along now?

Jacee- Well I got alot of the "filtered" word stuff from the pm's cpu sent me, so I put him in timeout for not following the rules and arguing with me.

He got 72 hours for his crap to me. I don't know what else could have been expected by him, but I won't and no one else should take pm's with that kind of garbage.

It offended me and as I posted it in the boardroom, it was a clear decision to put him in a cool down position.

cpu- Maybe I was angry because I was in trouble for helping a person through PM, I don't have the PM's that I sent you or that you sent me but I still stand by everything I said and do not apologize for anything. It is horrible that anyone can be punished for helping a person in private

The key is its not private to the staff. The person you helped squealed on you.

Your post #200 was edited.....I can't bring it back now, but alluding that I could read someone else's pm's makes me very sad. I would never do such a thing!

Back to the time that this happened between cpuguru and me, I was a moderator. You were once a moderator, did you have any way to get into the ACP?

I would like an apology, but I realize that won't be forthcoming because of your edit.

I just wish that we knew what was safe to treat as just the virus and what even running Ewido would mess up their analysis of the log. I know it isn't that simple but even a generalization would help. Either way, I don't see anything wrong with having them run a Pit Test to see what is going on. I could very well be wrong.

I've said this before but I hate to send someone to that forum just to have them sent to u2u. It seems like the run around to me.

I could be wrong too, but I don't see anything wrong at all with asking for a Pit test, or a Panda scan here if they haven't already. Sometimes uninstalling the bad stuff you see in the installed software list is enough to help. :) Or, if they're just complaining of a slow computer, they can uninstall/disable 4 of the 5 AVs they have running! :blink::lol: The only things Ewido might mess up would be the uninstallers that some malware comes with. Unless a log was saved to see, it might get rid of some telltale signs we might otherwise see in a log. Beyond that, nothing wrong with running Ewido in U2U at all. Just ask them to save the report in case it's needed. :)

Another round of HJT forum bashing?... been a while since the last one :lol:

for my part... when I was dabbling in HJT at this forum, there was usually only me, Jacee and occasionally Imp and Y Kawika( who had already done their fair stint of log readings)..

I always felt like there could be more help but not a lot was forthcoming... Read 'lack of member interest'

Personally I think it's great that we are getting more and more recognised HJT helpers up there and I'm glad to see that they went through with the full training. I couldn't care less if they came from other forums etc... The point is they are willing to help out here and elswhere and, believe me, that takes a lot of ones time..

I understand people's frustration at not being able to help, when they clearly feel they can, but I don't think that feeling is as strong as is being made out in this thread... :shifty:

Jacee has ran the HJT area almost single handidly at times (with due respect to Radio et al) and I feel she should be getting plaudits from the owners of this site and not brickbats from its members..

keep up the good work Jacee!! B)

just my tuppence :)

Another round of HJT forum bashing?... been a while since the last one :lol:

for my part... when I was dabbling in HJT at this forum, there was usually only me, Jacee and occasionally Imp and Y Kawika( who had already done their fair stint of log readings)..

I always felt like there could be more help but not a lot was forthcoming... Read 'lack of member interest'

Personally I think it's great that we are getting more and more recognised HJT helpers up there and I'm glad to see that they went through with the full training. I couldn't care less if they came from other forums etc... The point is they are willing to help out here and elswhere and, believe me, that takes a lot of ones time..

I understand people's frustration at not being able to help, when they clearly feel they can, but I don't think that feeling is as strong as is being made out in this thread... :shifty:

Jacee has ran the HJT area almost single handidly at times (with due respect to Radio et al) and I feel she should be getting plaudits from the owners of this site and not brickbats from its members..

keep up the good work Jacee!! B)

just my tuppence :)

It is not HJT bashing.

There is nothing wrong with HJT at all, in fact it is a great tool, and the section devoted to it here is an outstandiong addition to these forums.

I too think it is great that there are a bunch of blue mebers, I just wish they actually did something.

There are a very small number that are actually doing anything. To those few I give a huge thimbs up, they work hard at what they do. :tup:

The problem with bringing folks from outside this forum is they don't have an interest here, they likely belong to another forum somewhere else and that is where they do their thing. Having 40 "Trusted Advsors" is useless if only 4 of them are active.

There is nothing wrong with HJT, or that section of this forum. The problem is the way it is being run. Very poorly in my opinion, and obviously many others feel the same way.