Sign in to follow this  
Seldom

HJT Certified

if anyone was allowed to post there? Would you feel comfortable letting just anybody tell you what to do? OK, maybe it's a little easier because you know enough about computers to be able to tell you who's giving you good advice and who's not, but a person new to computers would not.

The first time users dont know what Hjt advisors went through to get where they are now and they still take thier advice (for the most part) anyway.

The sucess of the HJT advisors has built a reputation of quality and that is not in dispute.

You can put me down for the shipping maybe that would be a great tool and help to establish some kind of training program here, even if it's not certified.

I can help with shipping too.

Win2K is installed in the virtual machine, and is getting updates from my favorite folks. :lol:

I had 98 and ME, but threw them out a long time ago. I now only have Windows 2000. I can just image the virtual machine so it can be used over and over again by her, which might be the best route to go. So long as we "for legal" reasons still say the PC belongs to me, then the OS is legal to use. I have no other installations of it, and don't plan to, so it will be the "only" running copy. I do believe this is legal, if not someone correct me and I will send the CD also.

I do not have a legitimate and legal copy of XP, so if teacup doesn't have one, someone might want to donate one so the computer has the two most recent windows operating systems.

Edited by Bruce

I think I have some empty cases with OEM 98 and ME COA's on them will that help?

I dont know if we could use a branded unused OEM XP key though. But I have some of those too.

Bruce, clear out your PMs :lol:

When I go to display, settings, that's what it says.

Addition: I tried it at what you said and everything was teeny tiny and looked terrible. :blink:

Cleaned out the PM's

:pullhair::rofl2: a 19 inch LCD at 800x600

I take it you have very bad vision. :boxing:

User 2 User, or start a new thread here in general discussions about setting up that monitor at it's native resolution with readable fonts and folks will help you to get the beautiful monitor displaying correctly.

LCD monitors really display best at their native reslution and are not designed for other settings. ;)

Edited by Bruce

You guys with VMWare should have your own forum here and test out ways to get rid of malware. That would be a huge help! I often wish I had an extra PC laying around that I could do that with, but I don't. :(

Maybe we should have a VM forum open to everyone except for trusted HJT advisors :rolleyes:

Maybe we should have a VM forum open to everyone except for trusted HJT advisors :rolleyes:

What's wrong with you? :blink: This is an excellent way for us all to work together. :)

I administrate one of those 'other' forums spoken of herein. We too do not allow any replies to HJT posts except by a trained and qualified person. Sounds uppity?

I see quite a bit of bitterness in this thread from many people who no doubt have great knowledge, yet do not own a completed course to their name. As an administrator, I must insure that my site, my forums, do not do harm to the community at large. How best to do that? By warning and scaring the public with disclaimers? Or offering them the best option we have available, a trained volunteer staff to assist them?

Issues can be argued to the tune of 29+ forum pages, but it still comes down to "I am responsible. I have to decide".

What I truly would like to see, is a committee developed from the several fine sites which provide free assistance to the public in removing malware from their computers, join up under the umbrella of ASAP and develop a Universal Final Exam to be passed by trainees.

Now isn't that worth taking forward?

Tom

:wp:

I think we were truly blessed today that Tom just happened to join and additionally have some good ideas such as having a universal testing exam for certification.

I think this may well be good news to all who have followed this thread. I would also think there would have to be multiple test developed so someone couldn't fail it come back and take the same test.

You just never know where solutions to problems will come from but with some thought and an open mind, and considerations how things could be improved we can move forward. HJT could be a busier even a more sought after site as a solution for people beyond our membership. We have the talent if not the training and a universal testing program may well help recruit more membership for the Trusted HJT Advisors from within our ranks.

Again a grateful thanks to Tom for his insight.

Edited by Lou

Cleaned out the PM's

:pullhair::rofl2: a 19 inch LCD at 800x600

I take it you have very bad vision. :boxing:

User 2 User, or start a new thread here in general discussions about setting up that monitor at it's native resolution with readable fonts and folks will help you to get the beautiful monitor displaying correctly.

LCD monitors really display best at their native reslution and are not designed for other settings. ;)

No, I don't have very bad vision. :lol: Everything was crystal clear, yes, but itsy bitsy and it didn't fit the screen. I'll start that new thread. ;)

I administrate one of those 'other' forums spoken of herein. We too do not allow any replies to HJT posts except by a trained and qualified person. Sounds uppity?

I see quite a bit of bitterness in this thread from many people who no doubt have great knowledge, yet do not own a completed course to their name. As an administrator, I must insure that my site, my forums, do not do harm to the community at large. How best to do that? By warning and scaring the public with disclaimers? Or offering them the best option we have available, a trained volunteer staff to assist them?

Issues can be argued to the tune of 29+ forum pages, but it still comes down to "I am responsible. I have to decide".

What I truely would like to see, is a committee developed from the several fine sites which provide free assistance to the public in removing malware from their computers, join up under the umbrella of ASAP and develop a Universal Final Exam to be passed by trainees.

Now isn't that worth taking forward?

Tom

And after a day and one post, you know who has certifications in other fields and who does not? :lol: Have to admire those extra sensory perceptions you got there dude. :tup:

All do respect Tom, but I don't know you, don't know what forum you have, and to be quite blunt I don't much care about other forums, I am not a member there, so I really don't care how you run it, and who you let post and who you do not. It is irrelevant to this discussion, and this forum.

The weay PcPitstop is run is our only concern. Kind of tired of the well at this other forum we do it like this and at that forum they do it like that........

We are not another forum, we are forums.pcpitstop.com That is the name of this forum, is the frum we are speaking of, and the one we belong to.

So you can warn and scare people if you wish but I always found that you attract more friendly people with a little friendly guidence and decent advice then trying to "scare" them into submission.

If this site implements some kind of test, I would take it, and I am posyive that I would pass it with flying colors. ;)

Until that time I guess I will just have to be one of the peons who can look and lurk, but remain a mute.

Edited by Bruce

If this site implements some kind of test, I would take it, and I am posyive that I would pass it with flying colors. ;)

If you are speaking of taking a HJT and infection test I would "GLADLY" send you one... Flying colors :nono:

Let me know when you are ready..

If you are speaking of taking a HJT and infection test I would "GLADLY" send you one... Flying colors :nono:

Let me know when you are ready..

if this were vegas.......i'd take bruce to win.

:beer:

So you can warn and scare people if you wish but I always found that you attract more friendly people with a little friendly guidence and decent advice then trying to "scare" them into submission.

Until that time I guess I will just have to be one of the peons who can look and lurk, but remain a mute.

Looks like a good place to stop this.. :lol:

Our rules stand Bruce...

We do thank ya for the feedback tho... :) v