Sign in to follow this  
Seldom

HJT Certified

It is just because they want to help others.......it's just humor in case you lost yours

If it's so easy, then get certified

yup, seems to me like most things in U2U are in fact hardware related, some software.... and spyware's are usually refered to the spyware forum

Edited by Joe C

It is just because they want to help others.......it's just humor in case you lost yours

If it's so easy, then get certified

yup, seems to me like most things in U2U are in fact hardware related, some software.... and spyware's are usually refered to the spyware forum

Well, based on your previous posts its hard to tell whats humor and whats not.

Why should I spend time to get certified...when the certification is not even real or required..just to prove something? I spend time and money to get certification to get jobs, stand out in the field in which I work and get paid more ... not to be able to answer online forum posts.

You maybe right..I havent done any auditing lately on the types of posts in U2U..so I cant argue there.

:adios: That's OK I'm kinda use to being ignored. Almost like being the invisiable man. :P

Now I know what happened to DD. :lol:

I say let them have at it.

Come back in couple of weeks.

Then all will be revealed.

Most be beyond the black stump.

:lol:

aeroman... musta forgot this...

:laughing:

IMHO... HJT certs are real.... any bozo can get an A+ cert, we all know that, I'll trust my logs to an HJT advisor any day over anbody that just thinks "it's easy".... been there and done that. I've sen a couple logs before, and it does appear thast you can just take out the nasties, but these advisors can not only take out the nasty stuff, but restore damaged files too

Lou... you're starting to sound like DD

Edited by Joe C

Joe, I would agree that it can be a difficult thing for many people.

However none of the things you have mentioned are difficult things for an advanced user of windows, who has been using and maintaining windows for years, with experience editing the registry, and restoring system files.

Those are not difficult things to do.

That said, the tools they use to do many of the things they do, I personally am completely unfamiliar with because I simply do not have the capability of running them, so I would only be able to read about those tools. While that would certainly in most cases be enough, in my case it would not be, as I don't like to recommend things I haven't tried myself.

Thaaaat said, in my opinion there are better and easier ways for "me" to backup, delete and or replace windows system files without the aggravation of dealing with windows to do it for me. Much faster and much more reliable methods. Of course because my way of doing things may be different, it is unacceptable to do that according to the folks who "train" people.

My methods are "different", they would tell me they are "wrong".

Extensive training may be necessary for people who do not know the ins and outs of Windows, the registry, and it's system files. However there are people who are very capable of doing those things without someone telling them how. The only thing for many in my opinion that would be needed is helping some folks to know what they are to be looking for.

aeroman, for just one minute, stop trying to prove you are better than the rest of us, mmkay? Some of the biggest Malware experts are also PAID and well trained IT people, from every field imaginable. As I said previously, being a Trusted Advisor requires FAR more knowledge than just using HJT. Any n00b can click all the boxes in HJT and click "Fix Checked". It takes someone with a true knowledge and understanding to know what to do AFTER running HijackThis. Training at all of the schools deals with so much more than just reading a HJT log. If you would take the time to put your money where your mouth is, you would find that out for yourself.

What do we get paid for doing this? Something far more precious than any dollar amount you will make in your cumulative lifetime. The rewards I have received during my 3+ years in this fight are things I treasure more than any money earned in my "real" job.

I hope I did not offend anyone, as that is not my intention. However, I fail to see how anyone can presume to pass judgement on something that they obviously are not willing to attempt on their own.

I don't think aeroman is trying to say he better then you folks are. I believe he is saying that don't assume you are better then he is, just because you went to another forum.

There are a hell of a lot of extremely capable people around these forums.

Edited by Bruce

I agree absolutely. I have never said, nor will I EVER, that malware trained people are better than anyone else. I, for one, am a complete n00b when it comes to hardware...and so is my Pieter! :lol: People who are geniuses with hardware, networking..etc, are every bit as important as malware removers.

That's what makes forums like this successful.

~KAT~

What makes forums like this successful are people who use their expertise to help others.

Lots of blue named members who have been members for months, a year and longer, who haven't done that here. ;) Know what I mean? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bruce

Its not worth arguing about this...

I never said that I am smarter or better than HJT Advisors..I dont know any of them :P

All I am saying is that you dont need to register anywhere else and take training in order to remove malware correctly and effectively.

And Joe..sure any "bozo" can get A+ just like any bozo can get the HJT status..

Most people dont get certifications because all of a sudden that gives them magical powers and puts them above others but because you get paid more for being certified and in some instances it is required (not to mention that it gives you a better chance of getting a job ... dont ask me why).

How does the Pit go about selecting the HJT advisors? From what I read, a Pit schooling is involved - but then what?

Is there an exam?

Does it mean that Pieter Arntz, who just posted here for the first time, would also have to go to that school before he was allowed to answer problems here?

Maybe the criteria could be reviewed so that people who display obvious talent in this field could be given a wild card to join the existing advisors.

Does it mean that Pieter Arntz, who just posted here for the first time, would also have to go to that school before he was allowed to answer problems here?

Hes already done that. That is why he is a Trusted Advisor.

He is also

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8...9c-ae7cb0189562

Edited by PORTHOS

after reading this for an hour or so and and a( few bud lights) :lol: i will say, if you feel you are qualified to help someone with a problem being hardware or software related you should be at least be givin the opportunity to do so!!!!! whether it be you are a " trusted hijack this log" pro or not, i came here about six months ago and the people here helped and treated me like family. i am now a pitstop junkie and get home from work and this is the first place i go on the web... so from a "NOOBS" point of view let people be people and if you know something i dont let it be expressed in all parts of this forum!!! so everybody can learn and be more protected from those that create the malware and viruses in the first place!!!!

giltaulbee, if we let anybody post fixes for HJT logs, there'd be hundreds of members who have no idea what they are doing trying to help out. I'm sure you'd rather wait a few days and receive assistance you know will help, rather than in a few hours that might help you.

If you'd come here 6 months ago, and received bad help, would you still be here now?

with regards

giltaulbee, if we let anybody post fixes for HJT logs, there'd be hundreds of members who have no idea what they are doing trying to help out. I'm sure you'd rather wait a few days and receive assistance you know will help, rather than in a few hours that might help you.

If you'd come here 6 months ago, and received bad help, would you still be here now?

with regards

there can be more damage done in "user to user " than in anything else on this forum. imo ;)

well being a complete "NOOB" with a pc i dont know " my :filtered: from a hole in the ground". but when i go to work i find people that need help and sometime i dont have the proper answer for them, but i give them suggestions and that sometimes helps and sometimes it dont, but it gives them another ally to choose from. like just today i had my boss come up and say he had trouble with his microsoft office after he had installed a new hard drive in his pc, so i being a pit member, remembered reading a post from rob about open office, i gave him the info and he called me at home a little while ago and said it worked perfect!!!!! it read his files perfect, so if i never been to this web site i probably would have never heard of this application and would not of helped him out ... all i'm saying is people do thing's different everyday and thats whats makes us different, i may have found a better way to fix a problem then you have, but you would never know if i had to be certified to do so!!!!!! ;)

i too dabbled in the HJT classroom way back when radio first posted about it and asked for serious volunteers. ...i believe jaycee was there at the same time.

...she's still at it. :tup:

....i didn't last very long. :lol:

wasn't because it was the most difficult thing to learn....i think most with a good working knowledge of windows can figure out a HJT log and "fix" it correctly.

...but weeding thru HJT logs is far too boring and time consuming for my tastes. :yucky: ....hats off to those who take the time to do it. :clap:

though i'll admit i was pretty peed-off when this whole "trusted HJT" crap started and i got a friendly pm telling me not to post there anymore. :(

i'll quote badbinary here 'cause it pretty much sums up how i feel....

in all seriousness, i fully respect the time and effort that hjt analysts put into what they do. i just resent that they think they're the only ones that can do it.

:beer:

I know what you mean giltaulbee. If someone personally comes to me for help with stuff, I usually refer them here. But if they need immediate assistance or something that prevents them from coming to The Pit I try to help them out myself, even if I'm not sure exactly how to fix the problem. I usually refer them to some website that can help them if I'm not sure.

Referring them somewhere is a lot different to telling someone to remove blah blah using a program that you may not be proficient in.

with regards

You give someone a CD and a screwdriver and they think they are a PC Tech. Those types of people are the dangerous ones, it doesn't matter what forum they post in.

There is a dynamic mix of skills sets on this forum and thats what makes it a great place. Whether or not each person has the same ability is not the question at hand. Sure there are probably some that could or would make a good Trusted Helper in the HJT forum, but the protocol for this is getting some training with HJT and the other tools associated with it.

I didn't make the rules I am just following them, I wouldn't post in the Linux forum because I have never said or claimed to be someone that could help in that capacity. I have a college degree and several IT Certs, that doesn't mean I am an expert or claim to know everything about systems, networking, OS's etc... When I need help I ask, thats what makes all of these communities great.

If you are serious about it spend the time to get some additional education, its free... :) If you think its a waste of your time then dont do it, but quit :filtered:ing about something you have the ability to change yourself. If you have questions ask, thats why people come and participate on these online forums.

rstones12

If everything in U2U was fixable using one program that required training, then they'd probably have qualifications necessary to help in there too.

with regards

With the HJT forum requiring proven qualification before helping, im surprised the other sections of the Pit forums don't have strict qualification requirements. As was mentioned before, all the other sections of this forum cover a much broader variety of software and hardware and don't focus on specifics.

I don't have an answer to throw out there regarding what to do with that section. It's not my call. I will say what I think of it though. I think it's a bad idea exclude members from a section of this public help forum based on rules that could, but shouldn't be applied in the more dangerous sections like U2U and the especially dangerous Overclocking Section. I sometimes read peoples posts in the overclocking section claiming they have never overclocked and know nothing about it. Then not even a day later are already attempting what could damage their hardware, installed software, and data based on the information other members gave them.

OK,

We disagree here.

What is common for us?

How do we make it consistent to learn?<<<<<real important point.

Not that a HJT Classroom is started, but let's at least start training universally.

That I feel is at least fair.

:)Y

So how in the world do you get this training?

I thought someone posted that the classroom is closed ... what kind of classroom is it anyways.

Plus why do I have to register at another forum and wait for these classes when I can just learn on my own -- then whoever runs this HJT stuff can just test me.. :pullhair: