Sign in to follow this  
Seldom

HJT Certified

I work for Geek Squad, and looking over and using HijackThis is actually easier then it looks.

yea, like really big mistakes. but you cant easily fix them once you make them. So you have to be really good at doing it. you need to roughly know how to...

1)diagnose problem

2)knowing how to fix it

3)knowing how to explain it so that a worm could figure out how to do it.

It takes practice. trust me. I tried, but then found out that you need to invest a good bit of time into it and it was time i didn't have.

I have all respect for HJT members, and they have got me out of a fix on numerous occasions. I was going to attempt learning it, but something someone else posted made me change my mind.

One of the reasons being I see no point in the HJT-verified system, its just a few registry keys and any damage can be fixed by a re-install.

However I could go to Custom PCs and advise someone to wire their PSU into their USB bus.

Or give some bad advice in the linux forum and ruin all of someones hardware, maybe even cause a fire.

Hell, I could even go down to User to User and advise someone to format some important data.

i know hjt, though its a pain, too much time involved, too much to remember, too many infections, too many posts, to many tylenol, too much searching, too many brain cells lost, too much of windows :lol:

infact i know how to search for nasties and remove them manually without hjt and or AV's

Edited by duanester

I wont be much useround here when Vista gets popular. There is no way I will be learning its workings, Linux is enough of a challenge.

What's really funny is that HJT "certified" people consult with and refer to non-certified people by PM when they get confused or are unsure. :rolleyes:

I have all respect for HJT members, and they have got me out of a fix on numerous occasions. I was going to attempt learning it, but something someone else posted made me change my mind.

One of the reasons being I see no point in the HJT-verified system, its just a few registry keys and any damage can be fixed by a re-install.

However I could go to Custom PCs and advise someone to wire their PSU into their USB bus.

Or give some bad advice in the linux forum and ruin all of someones hardware, maybe even cause a fire.

Hell, I could even go down to User to User and advise someone to format some important data.

I agree 100% I don't see the point in being certified while you can do much more damage in custom pcs or u2u

I've had some fun with the HJT logs, lmao; I've been temporarily banned (twice ;)) for attempting to help someone with a problem; even though I was contacted via PM and asked for help (and later thanked by a member via PM for my help)...it is such BS. I don't see why I'd volunteer to help and then get subjected to that crap to be honest. I suppose if my computer works well then I should be happy and retain my knowledge; suits me fine, I am only paying tens of thousands of dollars to become a Computer Engineering Technologist, but that isn't enough, I have to take some cheesy :filtered: little class to help people here...you know what then; :Censored: it!

No disrespect intended to anyone in particular; just me venting about the fiasco that is the PC Pitstop HJT.

Edited by Salo35

intra fix the playtime link for linux users :crash:

My kid brother did the encoding for that video. Maybe when I get the time I'll re-encode it to divx or mpeg 4.

EDIT: SALO, I work making, fixing and installing computer systems and i'm doing a degree in network communications and have good knowledge in digital and microelectronics but I can't help either but then i'm not bothered because those that want help know where or how to contact me when ready. I can't be :filtered: to take some cheesy course either.

Edited by Intratech

I guess the only thing I have trouble understanding is, if it's so easy and everyone has so much knowledge why don't you just get certified? Should be a snap for people with so much expertise, especially if it's something you really want to do. What's the holdup?

I guess the only thing I have trouble understanding is, if it's so easy and everyone has so much knowledge why don't you just get certified? Should be a snap for people with so much expertise, especially if it's something you really want to do. What's the holdup?

I tried Shogan, and after jumping through about 5 hoops just to get to their forum, it took a week to get approved just to be a member :rofl3: They can kiss my lilly white............

Now we got some kind of light blue "undergraduates" floating around. It gets more ridiculous all the time.

Saddest thing is, these people show up here, have never made a single post before, yet they are allowed to do things that 7 year members are not. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bruce

My thought too shogan......some of you have joined a classroom and never followed through, some even got good at copying and pasting a 'fix', but had no clue how to understand what the infection does or even identify it.

In most cases, the machine would be wiped clean and Windows re-installed (or Linux)....pfft to you who say it's easy. :rolleyes:

Apparently the class is full; that is one issue. Another is the politics surrounding HJT board, for someone to be banned based on information given in a PM is complete :filtered:; especially with no explanation or chance to explain their side of the story (the information helped the pit member also); leaves a sour taste in your mouth. People come to the pit hoping for help, they don't expect it; with that being said the pit members should obviously try their best to help, but not everyone is a trained expert; some members offer insight based on past problems/solutions they encountered...I don't think they should be penalized for this. My thought, offer a response if you want, it won't change my opinion of the pit's HJT though.