Sign in to follow this  
robunicu

Monitor is kinda blurry help........

for some reason since i installed my new OS windows xp pro. my monitor started to get kinda blurry, its like its not that clear. its not a :filtered: comp and i donno y it does that. has onboard videocard wich is an ati radeon express 200. any help would be apreciated.

If its an LCD monitor....

right click on desktop

choose properties - appearances - effects

check - 'use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts' and select 'clear type' in the drop down menu

If its an LCD monitor....

right click on desktop

choose properties - appearances - effects

check - 'use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts' and select 'clear type' in the drop down menu

This is an important qustion in more ways than one.

As I understand it: LCD monitors don't like to be set at anything other than their native resolution. i.e. if your monitor manual says 1280 x 1024, that is the only res you can use, period. anything else causes aliasing issues that result in fuzzy or jaggy output. Check your monitor settings and insure that they conform to the specs of your particular monitor.

If you have a CRT monitor you'll need to check the many and varied settings such as refresh rate and color depth.

My comp began to get fuzzy and in the end it was the monitor. A new one solved the problem toot-sweet.

its an Emachines CRT monitor. and after 4 years its started to get fuzzy... like the letering is blurry. ill probably just get an 19" LCD monitor and get it over with.

im just wondering maybe its software related and not hardware related.

Look on the back of the monitor for a small access hole labeled FOCUS.  The control beneath can be adjusted with a small plastic, aluminum, or other non-ferrous hex tool.

If no access hole is visible, then the rear of the monitor case must be removed in order to adjust the focus.  This is not a task for amateurs - lethal voltages are present - so take it to a shop (TV, not computer), which should take about 20 to 30 minutes to do the job.

Look on the back of the monitor for a small access hole labeled FOCUS.  The control beneath can be adjusted with a small plastic, aluminum, or other non-ferrous hex tool.

This is not a task for amateurs - lethal voltages are present -

I think I would skip this part of your suggestion! This involves physical safety and definitely NOT recommended :geezer: