Sign in to follow this  
Luis_GT

Conroe... available at newegg!

I despise that name almost as much as Core/Core 2 Duo. With all their financial muscle, you think they could hire people to come up with a better name.

Can't balk at the numbers though.

I hear the 3800 AM2s and 939s are supposedly being given a huge pricecut in the next week or two, with prices being somewhere in the $100-$130 range after discount.

Edited by TorreyIsLDS

click on the campatible products tab ... still no MoBo's .............. hit or miss if you order a XBX Intel board . needs to be Rev 304

I only wish I could afford that! ha ha, sadly enough, I know someone that lives 2 miles from me that will be buying one ASAP (well, as soon as I tell him about it). So at least I'll get to see how it performs!

i though this chip was gonna retail around $800 ???

seeing the others are already priced around 400-540

Edited by lec666

check this place out....taking preorders at discounted pricing $1044

maybe newegg will lower the price once they start to flood the market.

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.c...ER_ID=929208068

also taking preorders on all other models

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.c...ER_ID=929208068

Edited by lec666

I only wish I could afford that! ha ha, sadly enough, I know someone that lives 2 miles from me that will be buying one ASAP (well, as soon as I tell him about it). So at least I'll get to see how it performs!

:wp:

TecShdw

Glad you found your way here. :) :beer:

but might wanna turn off your picture sig///they dont like them here :(

np, make yourself at home B)

I'm with lec, thought the core duo's were gonna be priced better :huh:

wonder what the E6600 will come in at :hammer:

For the price of that, you'd be better off with a Presler 965.

- 3.73GHz

- 2 x 2MB L2 Cache

- FSB 1066

Plus it has H/T. You'd save 320 bucks. Plenty enough for some good RAM or a mobo, or a good GFX Card. lol

For the price of that, you'd be better off with a Presler 965.

- 3.73GHz

- 2 x 2MB L2 Cache

- FSB 1066

Plus it has H/T. You'd save 320 bucks. Plenty enough for some good RAM or a mobo, or a good GFX Card. lol

Yeah thats mighty expensive. Well I'm glad it out anyways, AMD's price cuts cant be too far around the corner now! B)

presler is garbage compared to conroe... let alone this extreme edition conroe

so yes, you'd save money buying a pinto instead of a ferrari... but you also get what you pay for

np, make yourself at home B)

I'm with lec, thought the core duo's were gonna be priced better :huh:

wonder what the E6600 will come in at :hammer:

From a look at that other site, the E6600 will come in at around 350$.

Well they were supposed to be $999, guess newegg is taking advantage of a money-making situation....

I read a gaming performance review over at HardOCP, that compairs the XE6800, the E6700, and the FX-62..... Notice that they review the chips at real-world settings, and not low resolutions, that you nor I would ever concider playing with....

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...GhlbnRodXNpYXN0

It seems that in actual computing power, they really shine, but with games being so GPU dependant now, it doesn't really make a different in gaming, which is what I mainly use my PC for....

The actual number crunching benches really show this thing as the top dawg, but didn't Intel always win there anyways?

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

I like the fact that they mention somewhere in there, that it is totaly pointless to spend the extra cash on the XE version....

Well they were supposed to be $999, guess newegg is taking advantage of a money-making situation....

I read a gaming performance review over at HardOCP, that compairs the XE6800, the E6700, and the FX-62..... Notice that they review the chips at real-world settings, and not low resolutions, that you nor I would ever concider playing with....

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...GhlbnRodXNpYXN0

It seems that in actual computing power, they really shine, but with games being so GPU dependant now, it doesn't really make a different in gaming, which is what I mainly use my PC for....

The actual number crunching benches really show this thing as the top dawg, but didn't Intel always win there anyways?

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

I like the fact that they mention somewhere in there, that it is totaly pointless to spend the extra cash on the XE version....

Agreed. Nice post Agent Smith.

Agreed. Nice post Agent Smith.

Yea, in most of the games @1280/1024 "conroe" runs along side with the fx62. i also use my computer for nothing but gaming anyways. and when im on line, im proubly downloading some more games. :P if i went for a new cpu right now, like "conroe" it really would help me mainly because, since im playing at XHD resolutions my games are really GPU dependent not so much CPU anymore.