Sign in to follow this  
miggs78

internet speed improvement

miggs78   

first download this program http://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe

once downloaded, open the program, and go to the Largest MTU tab, and start the test, when it finishes it will tell you how much you can set your MTU too. Then go back to the General Settings tab and select Optimal settings (somewhere in the bottom right). Once done change your MTU to whatever the test calculated, secondly find out the max speed of your internet service, whats the max speed your internet provider gives (mine is 7mbps), once done, just drag the bar to whatever your internet speed is (so mine is like 7mbps = 7000kbps). Finally click on apply changes, another box will open, please please tick the backup check box, and click on OK button. It will ask you to reboot, just reboot, and you will see a good increase in your internet speed.

I strongly suggest you close any p2p or bittorrent programs in the background.

Thats all for now, hope it boosts your connection speed, it did mine. Thanks :)

miggs78   

wow already 5 out of 5, and no reply, something not right.

I believe the mods have done this, dunno why.

miggs78   

Hey Miggsy how ya doing. :adios: Ahhh nobody had time to take away the stars yet. :P

hey webbbyy i'm good, do you mean to say my post is useless

IntelGuy   

Webby's just yanking your chain, miggs. He's a great guy. :P He's just teasing you some.

Your thread's had 70 views already. My guess is one of them gave your post the stars. :)

miggs78   

Webby's just yanking your chain, miggs. He's a great guy. :P He's just teasing you some.

Your thread's had 70 views already. My guess is one of them gave your post the stars. :)

oh well thanks man, I will pulling his tail too lol, when I told him my post is useless lol. Hey I_G hope you got my PM.

Well, now I will tell mummy than your teasing me :hammer::lol::P

Thanks alot.

strukt   

These internet "speed tweaks" never work for me... none of them have even changed my speed one bit.

Edited by strukt

miggs78   

Nice tip however where would i be able to find the speed of my net provider? This is a work pc i am using BTW please help

umm.. if you check with ur provider, give them a call, tell them i'm just inquiring, they will give to you.

rollin64   

"once downloaded, open the program, and go to the Largest MTU tab, and start the test, when it finishes it will tell you how much you can set your MTU too"

i've used tcp opt. a few times but everytime i run the test it says.....(Couldn't determine largest possible MTU due to packets being lost.You might want to try a different URL)

any suggestions?

Edited by rollin64

I would have no clue who our provider is. Is there something i can find on the net with a download or something?

you can D/L this MYSPEED it will measure your internet speeed .... you can do a before and after to see how the tweak worked

i installed myspeed on mine tested at 3800kb aprox . next day i was gettin brighthouse digital ( Upgrade ) and speed jumped to 7000kb .. gonna try the tweak and let ya know . although at that speed i dont think i'll notice any improvement

My dial-up is capped :( 52 kbps

52 is pretty good.. How far are you from your isp? I'm out here in the boonies and my dial up maxed out to 23.3 ..... so I forked overthe money for satellite...

Jacee   

I'm a few states away from my ISP, and yes I do know that I'm fortunate enough to have dial-up at that speed <---lol! Speed :laughing: