Sign in to follow this  
Squarepants

License key

Guest Danielle Morgan

Okay I came here to get an answer to my problem and have read all of the posts about the license key not working and I don't see any solutions that have actually worked for anyone. If anyone has actually figured out how to fix this problem please let me know and hopefully by the time you reply I won't have pulled out all of my hair. If I didn't make my problem clear I paid the $29.99 scanned my system and when it asks me to enter my name email address and license key I enter all the information I was given and it says my license information is not correct I have entered and re entered everything a million times and it just isn't working please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pullhair:

Please try this. Place the cursor immediately to the right of the license key printed in your email. No space at all. Hold down the left mouse button and then slowly move the cursor to the left until the license key, and only the license key, is highlighted. Release the mouse button. At the keyboard, with the key still highlighted, hold down the 'control' key and then hit the letter 'c'. Release the 'control' key.

Now open the program, run it to the license screen, put the cursor in the box where the license key goes and hold down the 'control' key and hit the letter 'v'. Release the control key. If there is now a space between the cursor and the last character hit the backspace key one time, then hit the 'register' button then hit 'next'.

Guest mr wonderful

I guess everyone should know better, nothing is FREE. sure, the scan is free to tell you you need their product. why else would anyone be looking for help? its all a BIG lie, nothing from computer associates/pc pitstop works without purchasing a license :nono: key. the only FREE thing is you giving up your information for them to sell and make money off of. its all a gimmick and a waste of time. FALSE ADVERTISING!

Guest Guest

I guess everyone should know better, nothing is FREE. sure, the scan is free to tell you you need their product. why else would anyone be looking for help? its all a BIG lie, nothing from computer associates/pc pitstop works without purchasing a license :nono: key. the only FREE thing is you giving up your information for them to sell and make money off of. its all a gimmick and a waste of time. FALSE ADVERTISING!

Mod, I really feel for you. The poster above really doesn't get it. The product demo is to allow you to scan your computer to see what their software can fix. If you find lots of things, great! Now purchase the license key so the product is fully activated and can clean your system. If it doesn't find anything, you're not out the $ of buying something that won't help your issue.

To all the posters claiming 90 days, 1 year, Microsoft said, etc. -- Somewhere you have BAD information. This product can ONLY be purchased from the PC Pitstop site (please correct me if I'm wrong) What you can download off of various sites on the internet is the TRIAL version. Blaming these guys for empty promises from another company is nothing but ignorance, plain and simple.

And if you DO feel you have some kind of a legit issue, please post more details and info than "Microsoft said it should be so you guys are liars" This doesn't do anything to assist with your issue. Post URL's of where you're seeing that info, or there's not much they can do to try and assist you.

/rant off

Mod, I really feel for you. The poster above really doesn't get it. The product demo is to allow you to scan your computer to see what their software can fix. If you find lots of things, great! Now purchase the license key so the product is fully activated and can clean your system. If it doesn't find anything, you're not out the $ of buying something that won't help your issue.

To all the posters claiming 90 days, 1 year, Microsoft said, etc. -- Somewhere you have BAD information. This product can ONLY be purchased from the PC Pitstop site (please correct me if I'm wrong) What you can download off of various sites on the internet is the TRIAL version. Blaming these guys for empty promises from another company is nothing but ignorance, plain and simple.

And if you DO feel you have some kind of a legit issue, please post more details and info than "Microsoft said it should be so you guys are liars" This doesn't do anything to assist with your issue. Post URL's of where you're seeing that info, or there's not much they can do to try and assist you.

/rant off

I would go along with what the gentleman suggest - why point the fingers at PC Pitstop for your carelessness!! Be reasonable about the whole thing - point to the URL where you found the misinformation. :adios:

Guest Guest_James_*

:pullhair: Hi mod, I was signing up for not 90 days free but 12 months free, it was the first one on the list that Microsoft gave me and then when I go threw all these steps I then find out that you have to buy the licence key? So all I got free was you telling me how screwed up my computer was which I already knew or I wouldn't have been trying to get the software in the first place. Thanks You. Won't come again.

The man has a point.

I would go along with what the gentleman suggest - why point the fingers at PC Pitstop for your carelessness!! Be reasonable about the whole thing - point to the URL where you found the misinformation. :adios:

IntelGuy,

I'll second this again. Same person posting. You (or the forum admin) can check the IP address. If it's not an extremely common one, Invision Power Board let's you place a ban on that IP. By the block or by individual IP address.

This is either a troll having fun making you repost again and again, or someone who's ticked off over something - possibly thought the free scan was more than it is - and is taking revenge by being a PITA.

Ban the IP address and do us all a favor. :)

Guest Hollis Hegenauer

Man, I have to take a nap now after reading all this.... whew ! Good luck, ALL and BE GOOD !!!!!

:rofl2::surrender::argue:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp....this doesn't work. I have tried over half a dozen times to enter my information and wait to receive help but nothing..

It's such a simple request......I have bought a new computer and have downloaded Optimise but I can't fine my license key!

I have paid for this programme so why won't you re-send my key????

I feel totally ignored and it is very frustrating.

PLEASE PLEASE is anyone out there?????? PLEASE ADVISE.

E

Can you plrease explain what you mean by 'this doesn't work'?

If you use the 'Request product technical support' option from this link:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

the support team will get your license to you.

I checked in the help desk and I do not see any requests from you.

You click the link above.

Move the dot down to 'Request product technical support' and click 'next'.

Move the got to 'other' and click 'next'.

Note that you are trying to recover your license key.

Fill in your email address and order number so that we have something to search with.

Check your spam folder in case our replies are being diverted.

Edit: I was able to retreive your Optimize 1.5 license key for you. Please check your email, including any spam folders.

ok i have a major problem with your product. i bought PC pitstop optizier 2.0 back in 2009 it didn't say anything at all about being a limited time thing or i would not have paid the 50$ for it. now that i need it again i reinstalled it and its telling me the license key i got is expired. I will not pay twice for something i own allready. how can i fix this? this is one of the few programs i had that fixed registry problems. i don't need anything else on it except the registry fix. if it cant be fixed i will try other programs. i will not pay twice for it.

and i didn't do some download i got mine with cash from a store. from bestbuy if i remember right.

please excuse if i sound annoyed but these registry problems are on a old dinasuar of a pc we had to go back to after mine died the black death, if i dont get the registry fixed then i cant run anything for long without it crashing. i need the license fixed so i can fix this old monster of a pc.

Edited by JasonHughes

:wp:

In 2009 retail products were marketed and distributed by Computer Associates under license to PC Pitstop. CA and/or Best Buy bears the responsibility for any confusion or omission about the product being an annual subscription, and if you paid $50 you were overcharged as we have always directly sold Optmize for $29.99.

As intellectual property, software is not sold, it is licensed to the end user under the terms of the end user license agreement (EULA), which is available for review, and must be agreed to by checking a box, before every installation of the software.

As per the terms of the EULA, the subscription period is for one year from the date of product activation.

You can open a ticket at our help desk if you are interested in the renewal options:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp