Sign in to follow this  
Squarepants

License key

I just bought Optimize yesterday, and cannot complete the registration. I pasted the license key I was given, but when I click "register," I get an error stating that the license information is incorrect. I tried using customer support and was routed back here. A similar problem described on another user's entry a couple weeks ago listed a link for support, but when I sued that link, I was told at that site that it no longer can be used. Now what?

:wp:

You should be able to contact customer support through here: http://pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

But please try this first. It usually works when right-click copy and paste won't:

Place the cursor immediately to the right of the license key printed in the original email. No space at all. Hold down the left mouse button and then slowly move the cursor to the left until the license key, and only the license key, is highlighted. Release the mouse button. At the keyboard, with the key still highlighted, hold down the 'control' key and then hit the letter 'c'. Release the 'control' key.

Now open the program, run it to the license screen, put the cursor in the box where the license key goes and hold down the 'control' key and hit the letter 'v'. Release the control key. If there is now a space between the cursor and the last character hit the backspace key one time, then hit the 'register' button then hit 'next'.

Guest Neeraj
:( i have just installed the free trial version of PC potstop everything worked fine but to remove the junk on my laptop i need to register it and for that registration licence key is needed so from where to get the licence key. guide me ASAP.

The trial version is meant to be only a demonstrator. License keys have to be purchased. If another vendor promised you a free version of the software, it will be their responsibility to provide you with a license key.

The free trial scan is to show you what changes the software recommends to optimize your system. You can see the results of the scan by highlighting each suggestion and clicking the 'details' button for more information. There is a complete listing of everything Optimize will do once you purchase. If you want to go ahead with the recommended changes, you need to purchase a license key to run the software completely.

You should be able to contact customer support through here: http://pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

But please try this first. It usually works when right-click copy and paste won't:

Place the cursor immediately to the right of the license key printed in the original email. No space at all. Hold down the left mouse button and then slowly move the cursor to the left until the license key, and only the license key, is highlighted. Release the mouse button. At the keyboard, with the key still highlighted, hold down the 'control' key and then hit the letter 'c'. Release the 'control' key.

Now open the program, run it to the license screen, put the cursor in the box where the license key goes and hold down the 'control' key and hit the letter 'v'. Release the control key. If there is now a space between the cursor and the last character hit the backspace key one time, then hit the 'register' button then hit 'next'.

Guest Mallory Wilson

Are you kidding? What the heck does it mean when it says "ninety days free" then if it only shows you the scan? so i actually dont get the 90 days? what the heck is going on.

Are you kidding? What the heck does it mean when it says "ninety days free" then if it only shows you the scan? so i actually dont get the 90 days? what the heck is going on.

Can you link me to where it shows '90 days free'? I am not aware of PC Pitstop making such an offer. I looked through our web pages and ads and cannot find the offer you are referencing. :huh:

I just bought Optimize yesterday, and cannot complete the registration. I pasted the license key I was given, but when I click "register," I get an error stating that the license information is incorrect. I tried using customer support and was routed back here. A similar problem described on another user's entry a couple weeks ago listed a link for support, but when I sued that link, I was told at that site that it no longer can be used. Now what?

We have a new customer service page that you should be able to access here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Please try this. Place the cursor immediately to the right of the license key printed in the original email. No space at all. Hold down the left mouse button and then slowly move the cursor to the left until the license key, and only the license key, is highlighted. Release the mouse button. At the keyboard, with the key still highlighted, hold down the 'control' key and then hit the letter 'c'. Release the 'control' key.

Guest geoffggermany@yahoo.com.au
:( Hallo, Yes in reply to the other man who purchased the PCPitstop optimize. I have the same problem and i can not get the problem fixed. So now what do i do? I tried the free download, and to my amazement i found i have many problems that are affecting the performance of my pc. PLEASE somebody out there help me!!!!!

Guest antoinette mccoy

:( i have just installed the free trial version of PC potstop everything worked fine but to remove the junk on my laptop i need to register it and for that registration licence key is needed so from where to get the licence key. guide me ASAP.

:( Hallo, Yes in reply to the other man who purchased the PCPitstop optimize. I have the same problem and i can not get the problem fixed. So now what do i do? I tried the free download, and to my amazement i found i have many problems that are affecting the performance of my pc. PLEASE somebody out there help me!!!!!

We have a new customer service page that you should be able to access here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Please try this. Place the cursor immediately to the right of the license key printed in the original email. No space at all. Hold down the left mouse button and then slowly move the cursor to the left until the license key, and only the license key, is highlighted. Release the mouse button. At the keyboard, with the key still highlighted, hold down the 'control' key and then hit the letter 'c'. Release the 'control' key.

Guest vanessa nearing

:angry:

:nono::nono::nono::nono: :nono:java script:emoticon(':nono:', 'smid_20')

:nono: YA THIS MY PROBLEM / HELP

Guest Guest
:pullhair: Hi mod, I was signing up for not 90 days free but 12 months free, it was the first one on the list that Microsoft gave me and then when I go threw all these steps I then find out that you have to buy the licence key? So all I got free was you telling me how screwed up my computer was which I already knew or I wouldn't have been trying to get the software in the first place. Thanks You. Won't come again.

:pullhair: Hi mod, I was signing up for not 90 days free but 12 months free, it was the first one on the list that Microsoft gave me and then when I go threw all these steps I then find out that you have to buy the licence key? So all I got free was you telling me how screwed up my computer was which I already knew or I wouldn't have been trying to get the software in the first place. Thanks You. Won't come again.

We do not now and haven't ever offered 90 days or 12 months free. Optimize is a one time purchase, not a subscription. You have confused us with someone else.

Guest spaceangel420

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/v...us/default.mspx

http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/

http://www.my-etrust.com/SubscriptCenter/M...gistration.aspx

It's nothing other than false advertising; these lead us to believe we will aquire some form of virus protection or removal. Just like spammer sites, has us install it, tells us everything we can do, then asks us for licsence number without providing us with any links to navigate to, to up grade. So after this whole process and downloading the trial software, we have to start from scratch, only pay, to actually improve our computers in any way.

Thanks for caring. I'd have had a better experience with the company if I hadn't been teased with empty promises. Now because of unscrupulous and spyware-like styling of the process, I cannot in good faith trust the software or the company.

Can you link me to where it shows '90 days free'? I am not aware of PC Pitstop making such an offer. I looked through our web pages and ads and cannot find the offer you are referencing. :huh:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/v...us/default.mspx

http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/

http://www.my-etrust.com/SubscriptCenter/M...gistration.aspx

It's nothing other than false advertising; these lead us to believe we will aquire some form of virus protection or removal. Just like spammer sites, has us install it, tells us everything we can do, then asks us for licsence number without providing us with any links to navigate to, to up grade. So after this whole process and downloading the trial software, we have to start from scratch, only pay, to actually improve our computers in any way.

Thanks for caring. I'd have had a better experience with the company if I hadn't been teased with empty promises. Now because of unscrupulous and spyware-like styling of the process, I cannot in good faith trust the software or the company.

You have not shown me a PC Pitstop advertisement. Your links do not show PC Pitstop making any kind of promotion. We can not be responsible for other vendor's advertising. You have linked Microsoft and CA. They are not PC Pitstop. Are you notifying them of your displeasure, as it is their ads that are the problem? Posting here about someone else's advertising doesn't seem like a very effective way to send a message to the offending company.

Guest Guest

I was given the same thing from Microsoft.com not far !!!

i am NOT confused it was the only thing microsoft gave me as well..

now please help..

We do not now and haven't ever offered 90 days or 12 months free. Optimize is a one time purchase, not a subscription. You have confused us with someone else.

I was given the same thing from Microsoft.com not far !!!

i am NOT confused it was the only thing microsoft gave me as well..

now please help..

I don't understand why you are not asking Microsoft to make good on their offer. We did not make the offer. Microsoft did. If they made they offer, it is their responsibility to fulfill it, not ours.

Guest joeyallgood

[

hey man my computer keeps doing the same thing just it wont let me put in my license key #

[

hey man my computer keeps doing the same thing just it wont let me put in my license key #

Please try this. Place the cursor immediately to the right of the license key printed in your original email. No space at all. Hold down the left mouse button and then slowly move the cursor to the left until the license key, and only the license key, is highlighted. Release the mouse button. At the keyboard, with the key still highlighted, hold down the 'control' key and then hit the letter 'c'. Release the 'control' key.