Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EclipseWebJS2

... Watch out for that truck!!

And what for? Don't they realize gas prices are too high as they are?

No hybrid is gonna drive that fast...

OK guys, this forum lag is driving me nuts! :pullhair:

Nobody in Ohio does the speed limit. My 1st time on the highway, I was averaging around 70 in both 55 and 65mph zones.

The speed limit is 70 mph on the open highways here now. I don't know what the big deal is, as firsthand experience showed me folks drive 90 and 100 mph in the UK, even though the limit is much lower. Scared me to death, it did. :blink:

Autobahn has no speed limit, and is one of the safest highways in the world. See the correlation between no speed limit and safety?

the autobahn is extremely safe because of the most well designed and well maintained road in the world. speed has little to do with road safety on the autobahn.

That too, but if you can't catch up to anyone, you can't get in a wreck.

But, when there are accidents, they are bad ones.

No worse than most other collisions. An average two ton car travelling at 55 mph has many thousands of foot pounds of energy upon impact, so basically, unless you have your belt on, and airbags, you're screwed.

And what for? Don't they realize gas prices are too high as they are?

if they are concerned with what kind of mpg they are getting they can drive slower in the SLOW LANE

I thought the speed limit was 80 MPH everywhere. From the point where my driveway meets the street, to my destination and everywhere inbetween. :shrug:

hard to believe but some countries had speed limit on 60 km.... thats like 40 miles per hour....everyone drives 1.0 liter small cars....and usually when theres a V8 MB comes by, the MB kept beeping on the car infront of it because it was TOO SLOW, and because of population, the road is filled with small tiny cars that will fall apart reaching 80mph...in such country, V8 will choke in the heavy SLOW traffics.

Autobahn has no speed limit, and is one of the safest highways in the world. See the correlation between no speed limit and safety?

Only certain streches have no speed limits. Alot of it has a speed limit, though its pretty high.

They have less crashes because its much harder to get a license in Germany than it is in the US, and the road is extremely well maintained.

When I drove down to Arkansas to meet andromeda :wub: , if the speed limit was 55 I did 75, if the speed limit was 65 I did 85. 'Course I was keeping my eyes peeled for cops but when you're on the open highway, 65 is a joke. 900 miles at 55 to 65mph??? :blink:

Give me a break... :P -kd5-

The highways out in West Texas are wide open miles and miles of nothingness(except Tarantulas~Ha!) and everyone is driving at least 80 anyway so why not raise the speed limit...'bout time I say! :clap:

sounds like the stretch between vegas and san diego. I had the audis cruise control set at 100mph and wasnt passing anyone

Speed limits around here are 65mph on the main highways. Of course, you're risking your life if you're moving that slow. :P

What really annoys me is the states that have separate speed limits for cars and tractor trailers. That makes things more dangerous.

Maximum Speed Limit Map

http://www.iihs.org/laws/state_laws/speed_limit_laws.html

Wow...you mean there are cars that can do 80...gotta get me one of those!

Rev

Ya Rev, you will have to look for that goes that slow, but I am sure if you look hard enough you can find one. :lol:

Wow...you mean there are cars that can do 80...gotta get me one of those!

Rev

Check to make sure you have all your 4 tires! :mrgreen:

Most any car is capable of driving over 80-100 mph. But most cars may stall if they're driven much faster than design specs.

Those "muscle cars" can do well over 125-150 mph.

We were once driving down this dirt road and my mother throttled it so much, the vehicle reached 100 mph.

But now, highway fuel economy is what will count now...