Sign in to follow this  
shogan191

For the older members.

For the older users among us. Try all of the following to make reading easier on the eyes. I always set my system up this way before starting out.

Rt click desktop/properties/settings/advanced/DPI settings to Large Size 120dpi./ok/ok/reboot.

Rt click desktop/properties/Appearance/Font size/Large/ok

Internet Explorer/tools/internet options/accessability/ignore font sizes specified on web pages

Internet Explorer/view/Text Size/Smallest

For the older users among us. Try all of the following to make reading easier on the eyes. I always set my system up this way before starting out.

Rt click desktop/properties/settings/advanced/DPI settings to Large Size 120dpi./ok/ok/reboot.

Rt click desktop/properties/Appearance/Font size/Large/ok

Internet Explorer/tools/internet options/accessability/ignore font sizes specified on web pages

Internet Explorer/view/Text Size/Smallest

Thanks for the tip. It will be useful in using IE. Foxfire has a simple toggle [cntl-plus or minus] to change the size of the font. I'm one of those older guys who uses it a lot!

Good luck, Dan

Thanks a million.

Why oh why is such basic info so darned hard to find.

I always set dpi @ 120 but have never considered the other adjustments.

Does Microsoft not understand that everyone suffers progressive eyesight deterioration after age 50.

One of my other pet hates is finding websites that use only about 60 to 70% of my screen real estate & then I have to strain to read; in some caes actually needing a magnifyting glass.

Is there no way of these sites automatically adjusting to suit my monitor settings??

Anyway thanks again.

Pete