Sign in to follow this  
kojakb

Windows Resize !

I have found if you resize it and only close it using the file menu and not the red cross on the right side of the window that this saves the setting you want for the size or in my case which monitor I want it in so use the file>exit option

I have found if you resize it and only close it using the file menu and not the red cross on the right side of the window that this saves the setting you want for the size or in my case which monitor I want it in so use the file>exit option

I thought this had worked, but if I right click and "Open in New Window", it doesn't.

Edited by kojakb

Open IE then open a second window from a favorite or a link. Close the original window so that only the IE window you opened from a favorite is open.

Now resize that window by dragging it to the size you want, do not use the maximize button in the upper right-hand corner of the window. You must resize this window manually.

Now go to the File menu in the upper left-hand corner, open it, go the the bottom of the list and choose Close.

Now your IE windows should open in the new size you have chosen.

Open IE then open a second window from a favorite or a link. Close the original window so that only the IE window you opened from a favorite is open.

Now resize that window by dragging it to the size you want, do not use the maximize button in the upper right-hand corner of the window. You must resize this window manually.

Now go to the File menu in the upper left-hand corner, open it, go the the bottom of the list and choose Close.

Now your IE windows should open in the new size you have chosen.

It works - THANK YOU

Close all Internet Explorer windows.  Click Start, Run, type about:blank and click OK to open a new window.  Position the window by dragging the title bar, and resize the by dragging the edges.

Press Control-N to open a second window.  Reposition and resize the window.  While pressing the Shift key, click the Close button at the upper right to close the second window.

Similarly close the remaining window.