Sign in to follow this  
moon

In a democracy......

Why would anyone expect the newly and democratically elected Hamas government to behave any differently than Israel, America, UK etc..? All 4 governments are currently involved in a bloody conflict and Hamas stands out as being the only one of the 4 to be so engaged legitimately. I think we should be calling upon Israel to cease its acts of terror upon Palestinians before expecting Hamas to disengage. What options do the Palestinians have? They have their land taken, homes demolished and get shoved into Warsaw-esque ghettos. Any hopes of a diplomatic solution are constantly blocked at the UN by the USA.

Using the old emotive chestnuts...Kids/bombs/suicide and so forth.....is pretty lame. A Palestinian child walks into an Israeli bar and blows him/herself up, usually just one child dies. Israel rains bombs and rockets on a refugee settlement and the local school has to lay off a couple of teachers due to the sudden drop in numbers on the class register.

Palestine is the aggrieved party in all this and they fight back in the only way they can. Many would like for them to just roll over and submit what was taken from them illegally and accept that they will forever live in the worlds largest refugee camp. I hope they never submit and continue to fight until justice is served.

I say let them handle it... who are we to criticize them. I say let Israel handle it their way and Palestine handle it their way without critisism or interference.

This is wrong on so many levels...Would you suggest this as a universal policy for all nations to adopt?

And if we do follow this concept, do we get to level the playing field first by giving Palestine the same monetary and logistical 'gifts' as those Israel have benefited from over the years?

Edited by Sir T Fireball

I hope they never submit and continue to fight until justice is served.

That is the intent, I'm sure. As elected representatives they are now in a position to insist upon proper legal UN action whereas Abbas was hamstrung by previous Fatah 'agreements' and 'bungs'. I hope we see the law addressed .

That is the intent, I'm sure. As elected representatives they are now in a position to insist upon proper legal UN action whereas Abbas was hamstrung by previous Fatah 'agreements' and 'bungs'. I hope we see the law addressed .

And I hope for a white Christmas every year, and a new Merc for my birthday, and for England to win the Ashes each and every time, and for England to win the footy World Cup more than Brazil.....

....I got more chance of having ALL mine fulfilled than you have of even coming close to getting yours :help:

and Hamas stands out as being the only one of the 4 to be so engaged legitimately

hmmm A charter that calls for the total destruction of Israel and its people is legitimate??? OK, If you think so

Using the old emotive chestnuts...Kids/bombs/suicide and so forth.....is pretty lame. A Palestinian child walks into an Israeli bar and blows him/herself up, usually just one child dies.

better check your facts here.... Crowded buses, Malls, Pizza Places... I think your facts of only one person dying is possibly eroneous

Palestine is the aggrieved party in all this and they fight back in the only way they can. Many would like for them to just roll over and submit what was taken from them illegally and accept that they will forever live in the worlds largest refugee camp. I hope they never submit and continue to fight until justice is served.

Nope.. I dont agree. IMO Israel wants peace and I believe willing to give back land. However a charter of the destruction of their people hardly makes it possible to sign on the dotted line....

But you distract me you little bugger....

Hamas will save the day here... Thay are the saviours... they will disarm and they will denounce that charter and become the heros of the middle east. I can see the headlines now... Palestine and Israel Kiss and make up due to the heroic and political efforts of Hamas

They even join forces due to Hamas's political efforts.

New state is called Iraelstine or Palesrael

Peace in the middle east starts with Hamas... They will guide the way to peace.

Nothing to argue or debate here. I have confidence that Hamas will disarm their terror organsization and proclaim Israels right to exists and in return Israel will stop any arms against Palestine and give back all the land and both will be free

hmmm A charter that calls for the total destruction of Israel and its people is legitimate??? OK, If you think so

better check your facts here.... Crowded buses, Malls, Pizza Places... I think your facts of only one person dying is possibly eroneous

Nope.. I dont agree. IMO Israel wants peace and I believe willing to give back land. However a charter of the destruction of their people hardly makes it possible to sign on the dotted line....

Hamas will save the day here... Thay are the saviours... they will disarm and they will denounce that charter and become the heros of the middle east. I can see the headlines now... Palestine and Israel Kiss and make up due to the heroic and political efforts of Hamas

Nothing to argue or debate here. I have confidence that Hamas will disarm their terror organsization and proclaim Israels right to exists and in return Israel will stop any arms against Palestine and give back all the land and both will be free

....you are misleading us all. The ball is in Israels court, not Palestines. Israel needs to get the hell outta Dodge (Palestine) before the Palestinians can be expected to sign anything. Israel invaded and stole land, not Palestine. Palestine is reacting to the original aggression of Israel.

Please let's not forget this small detail.

Edited by Sir T Fireball

....you are misleading us all. The ball is in Israels court, not Palestines. Israel needs to get the hell outta Dodge (Palestine) before the Palestinians can be expected to sign anything. Israel invaded and stole land, not Palestine. Palestine is reacting to the original aggression of Israel.

Please let's not forget this small detail.

well you see it that way and thats cool...

If someone told me to get out of their room and even when I do they will blow me up, I might be hesitant to do that... But thats just me.

Kind of hard to do the right thing when told even when you do we will still destroy you.

I have your yoyo Sir T.... I stole it illegally... you want it back. You tell me that you are going to come after me now and demand I give it back and oh, by the way when you do give it back I will continue to come after you and kill you.....

I dont think I am too eager to give it back to you. sorry. all it takes is for you to tell me that your not gonna come after me after I return it. Real simple.

BUT HAMAS WILL LEAD THE WAY TO PEACE!

:geezer:

Rock?

If you really believe, or meant what you Posted, Mate?

God help Demoracry!

We just got at least give them a go at at least working something out?

:sparkle::wub::sparkle:

If someone told me to get out of their room and even when I do they will blow me up, I might be hesitant to do that... But thats just me.

It's all moot until you 'get out of their room' though, isn't it? :huh:

Thats right, and if they don't just strap a bomb on your child and blow them out of the room. After all you can make more bomb carri oops I mean have more children.

Noble bunch they are.

Thats right, and if they don't just strap a bomb on your child and blow them out of the room. After all you can make more bomb carri oops I mean have more children.

Noble bunch they are.

Any less noble than those that drop bombs on houses containing children? That shoot children in the head? I fail to see how anyone can condemn one without condemning the other. Both sides kill children (israel having killed more Palestinian children though) and yet Palestinians are seen as the only bad guys?

Palestine is fighting back against Israeli aggression. The fact is that Palestine did not invade Israel and force Israelies to live in refugee camps. It was the other way around. Because of the Wests vested interests in Israel, Palestinians are driven to desperation. To fight for their rights, using whatever means they have at their disposal. Just as I would.

Yep people die in wars, inoccent people.

There is a difference between casualties of war, and a coward who straps a bomb on a child to do his dirty work.

I personally don't like any of it. But nothing, and I mean nothing is more disgusting, repulsive and cowardly then strapping bombs on children because one is too much of a coward to go and fight for themselves.

I applaud anyone who fights for what they believe in. I can not in any way shape or form, applaud any :filtered: creep who would strap a bomb on a kid.

They are scum, cowards, lowlifes, they deserve to die a thousand deaths.

Yep people die in wars, inoccent people.

There is a difference between casualties of war, and a coward who straps a bomb on a child to do his dirty work.

I personally don't like any of it. But nothing, and I mean nothing is more disgusting, repulsive and cowardly then strapping bombs on children because one is too much of a coward to go and fight for themselves.

I applaud anyone who fights for what they believe in. I can not in any way shape or form, applaud any :filtered: creep who would strap a bomb on a kid.

They are scum, cowards, lowlifes, they deserve to die a thousand deaths.

Why the Heck, can't you at least let the two Countries, elected quite nicely under Democracy, work it out?

Unless there is an other Motive?

I fail to see how anyone can condemn one without condemning the other.

There is a fundamental likeness. The west trades on casualties as martyrs every bit as much as the east does. And thanks to the manic efforts of the evangelicals, the veil of false objectivity that has masked that fact for the past 200 years is beginning to to tatter and fray.

I

There is a fundamental likeness. The west trades on casualties as martyrs every bit as much as the east does. And thanks to the manic efforts of the evangelicals, the veil of false objectivity that has masked that fact for the past 200 years is beginning to to tatter and fray.

I

Iain,

The Middle East Area has been the Basis of Wars throughout History, Mate, recently, WW 1, and WW11, was really conected to it.

Any chance that the World can have to bring Peace to that Area MUST be Helped along the Way! Thank you for your Help!

Edited by Drovers Dog

I fail to see how anyone can condemn one without condemning the other. Both sides kill children (israel having killed more Palestinian children though) and yet Palestinians are seen as the only bad guys?

Since you fail to see that, ask the only one in this thread that condemns one and not the other.

Check back to any thread you want Sir T.... I condemn both. always have, always will

I have never once said the Palestinians are the only bad guy... Not one single time in one single thread. I have openly admitted both wrongs

In fact.... My point in even posting in these threads is to show both sides. Always

ask the right person who condemn only one.....

Edited by hftmrock

Since you fail to see that, ask the only one in this thread that condemns one and not the other.

Check back to any thread you want Sir T.... I condemn both. always have, always will

I have never once said the Palestinians are the only bad guy... Not one single time in one single thread. I have openly admitted both wrongs

In fact.... My point in even posting in these threads is to show both sides. Always

I would like say this as a Stupid old Aussie!

If you People want Peace? It is there with it's Hand out!

If you Don't, OK, Just keep Fighting and Squabbling like little Kids!

Make an old man very Proud, or totally Disguested, totally your Call!

The only Side to Show is Peace, Mate!

100% agreed

Peace means, just leave them alone to sort it out, without Interference?

God, I hope that can happen, Rock?

BTW God to me is Different to other people! My God seems to make my life better?

:pullhair::pullhair:

Edited by Drovers Dog

wait......

As an elected polititian, your telling me they will continue to have a charter that calls for the destruction of Israel (which they reiterated a few days ago)??? They will strap bombs to little boys and girls and go on busses to blow up innocent women and children? then expect Israel to just listen to them??

:huh:

Iran?

Israel wont listen to them either...

No one should listen to Iran until they stop what they are doing

thats a perfect example of what should happen when someone in charge talks about exterminating a race of people. I hope he is stopped but no one is or should negotiate with Iran either

Mr Haniya on Friday made his first big speech since the election victory near Gaza City's waterfront.

Dressed in a long brown robe, he told a packed mosque: "When we are calling for unity and partnership it is not because we are afraid or weak or incapable of facing the challenges ahead, but because we believe in unity."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4654220.stm

Mr. Haniya is the Hamas leader. I say that to bring attention to the man. The higher his profile , the less likely he is to be assassinated by the Israeli State . The Israeli State has assassinated two Hamas leaders in the past two years. These assassinations have contributed , big style, to the election of Hamas. Moral= assassinations are immoral and they will come back to bite your :filtered:.

Incidentally, the 'Palestinians strapping bombs to children' fable has been circulating long enough. I have never heard of any such instance, although I have see the infamous, staged, photograph upon which the fable is based.

Edited by moon

Link

I didnt say babies...

I 100% believe 16 years old is a child , maybe you don't

The mother of a 16-year-old suicide bomber who killed three people in Tel Aviv was in tears today as she asked: "Why did they choose my boy?" "My son was very young, he was just a child," said 45-year-old Samira Abdallah. "Why did they choose him?"