Sign in to follow this  
bad-baz

Windows Millennium Start-Up Discs

I was told my someone to restore my windows registry, but i am running Millennium (me), amd dont have the start=up disc, does anyone know a link as to where can find it and burn it on to a disc or something?

If you have a CD burner in your laptop then yes, you can burn it to a CD. Only problem there is if the laptop boots straight from the hard drive, you will have to go into the bios and set it to boot from the CD rom drive first.

I was told my someone to restore my windows registry, but i am running Millennium (me), amd dont have the start=up disc, does anyone know a link as to where can find it and burn it on to a disc or something?

IMO, the last thing you want to do is start messing with your Windows registry, especially if you don't have your ME disks.

Tell us why someone told you that. What problem(s) are you experiencing? Maybe there is help here.

Can you post a Pit test? That would help us a lot.

Thanks

:)

Thanks for the info, Signman,

I just get real nervous when talk about messing with the Registry comes up, but the MS link looks pretty straight-forward and relatively easy to accomplish.

:tup:

:)

Yeah, it does sound easy, except for the fact that neither my new pc, or my laptop have a floppy disk drive.. so i am seeing if anoyone who has a floppy disk drive can get the boot files, onto a floppy, then back onto their computer, then either burn to a disc, and send to me (postage paid), or send the files to me, ready for me to burn them onto a cd-r.

you just burn the iso to a cd using nero or what ever burning software

after the disk is ready, set the cd rom to boot first in your bios, then the cd should boot the system, the cd has many tools including fdisk

Edited by duanester

no problem, if anything most here know about this disk, and if i should disappear, the latest i will return is between 4 & 6pm eastern us time

thats correct and your welcome

Edited by duanester