Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikehead999

Problem getting Belkin Network Card to Work

Guest mikehead999

The trouble begins when my I order dsl service. Through customer support, i conclude that the ethernet adaptor on my computer, which was built into the motherboard, is useless. So i purchase a Belkin f5d5000 network pci card. The card is supposed to install automatically in windows xp, but mine did not. Thinking it was a windows issue, i actually bought windows xp home and reinstalled windows. But still, the card does not work. It shows up in the device manager with a yellow exclamation point saying it needs new drivers, and in properties it shows that it has "code 10, failed to start" I have no idea what to do to get this thing working, and I can not stand using dial up internet any longer! Any help would be greatly appeciated, because this is driving me crazy!!! :pullhair: :help:

Mike P.

Did it come with a cd? install the drivers from the cd if it did. then reboot. does windows say it detected new hardware after reboot? Try going to manufactures site and get latest driver for the card. under properties of the card does it say disabled? try unistalling the card from device manger then reboot windows should say detected new hardware and follow the steps to install it. when it asks do you want windows to find a driver say yes if you don't have the cd if you do have cd then select have cd. :) Let me know how that goes.

Guest mikehead999

The cd it comes with has drivers for every version of windows except xp. The website says that windows xp should automatically install it with its own drivers, but it doesnt. The website does not even provide drivers for the card on windows xp, and google has yeilded me nothing. :xmas-smiley-014:

In my experience Belkins are generally flakey and unreliable. I would return that card and get something by D-Link or Netgear. I'm not real fond of Linksys either.

:xmas_smile:

Install the Windows 2000 drivers from the CD, ignore all the popup warnings and threats from windows. They should work fine.

However I agree with flyfishingrules. Belkin products can be extremely flaky. Your best bet would be to get something from D-Link or Netgear.

Edited by Bruce

Nope You can use onboard and PCI cards.

In this particular machine I am using right now, I am using both onboard ethernet adapaters, and two PCI adapters. The only limitaton on the number of ethernat adapters whether PCI or onboard is the number of available slots on your computer.

Just to add to that, I also have a wireless adpapter along with the other four wired ones for a total of five in this machine. ;)

Two cable modems, and three routers all brought together to work with each other through this machine, with rouing and firewalling keeping certain services on certain network segments so that those services are never allowed to connect to the wan.