Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radio

Colin Powell Speech

Radio:

I know people will not understand the Rev talking about these things but I really don't see the fuss about getting approval. After all, the Congress gave Mr Bush overwhelming approval to do what is necessary and now they are backing off so the American people ought to be asking "why they approved it the first time if they didn't believe in it"? The UN gave approval and now they are backing off and I believe it's because they are worried about the new resolve of the US to put a stop to terrorists and madmen.

Ok folks, I've put my hardtoed shoes on so straight shooting to you.

Guest fragged one

some of the evidence powell has provided has been quite intriguing. i see a war in the very short future, and i hate to say this, but it's about time. the audio tape alone should quiet those that say he's cooperating.

REV: the resolution passed by the un requires another before military action take place. the resolution from us congress does not. although personally i say that the un has lost it's credibility and we don't need their permission.

We should cryogenically store Saddam and put him into a space probe and send him off to a far away star system. Then, when aliens find him, he'll get probed and searched alright!

Consider this scenario. Based on Res. 1440 the U.S. and the Brits lose patience with the U.N. and go it alone. Now, if Iraq has any powerful weapons Saddam will use them in retaliation. Case proven and the end of Saddam.

What, however, if he hasn't got any and he doesn't ?

Saddam should be removed for humanitarian purposes if not due the threat against stability in the region as a whole.

Quote No Mercy

Allot of innocent people die for no reason because another Bush is on a power trip?:(

I was thinking more along the lines of how we're going to feel about being wrong. It would certainly be hard to sit in on the Security Council in future but, more importantly, it would be a major boost to Islamic fundamentalists worldwide. We'll all be swallowing the 'Great Satan' chants for years to come and that would be a severe blow to my desire to see all of them dead.

Moon,

He's got them. Hell, we sold it to him back in the 80's! ;)..... Anyways, most of the Iraqis, and the MODERATE Arab world want him gone too. It's gonna happen, so lett's get it done, and move on.

Here ya go No Mercy .... http://www.humanshields.org/ ;)

The time for speeches is over,,its time to put up or shut up!!

I liked the parking lot idea up there.

Guest fragged one

I really liked the part of the speech where he told the UN to make a decision before they became irrelevant ;)

the un is relevant?? :huh:

:mrgreen:

Lets just totally withdraw and become an isolationist nation. Let North Korea use their new nukes to bully South Korea into giving up land and money. Tell mainland China they can take Taiwan by force. Let Saddam gas and nuke Israel. Let Israel expand their borders and kill the Palestinians currently living there. As long as it doesn't get to our country, who cares? To make sure it doesn't, let's close our borders to foreigners.

Oh darn, we have some pesky defense treaties with some of those countries. And some of them already have the ability to deliver death to our doorstep. If we do nothing we'll be breaking promises and compromising our security. If we do something we're seen as bullies. I guess we can't win...

If Colin Powell is right, then I'm concerned that Saddam knows the end is near if the US comes after him. He'll have no hesitation using the weapons at his disposal. We can only hope his military isn't as crazy as he is.

Guest fragged one

i submit as evidenc the tens of thousands of iraqi soldiers that surrendered without fight in the first gulf war that his army is not as insane as he. ;)

If Colin Powell is right, then I'm concerned that Saddam knows the end is near if the US comes after him. He'll have no hesitation using the weapons at his disposal. We can only hope his military isn't as crazy as he is.

If the end was near for any nation they would use whatever weapons were at there disposal. I have no doubt in my mind that if we were at war and the end were near for us, we would use whatever means were at our disposal. Oh ya we did that once! Remeber Japan?

We not only use them, but are the ones who sold them to Iraq, to use against our at the time enemy "Iran"

If we do at attack, no sorry, when we do attack Iraq, should they use any means to defend them selves? They are not the aggresors here, we are. We shouldn't forget that.

We would use anything we could to keep from being conquered! We had no qualms about selling bio agents to Iraq, why should we be surprised that they would use weapons against us that we sold to them. Selling weapons to mad men and then telling them not to use them is like giving an arsonist a truck full of fireworks. Asking him to destroy or give them back, is akin to giving a drug addict a pound of dope and then saying to him, don't do the dope, just destroy it all.

As for Powells speech, I think the man is brilliant, well spoken, a great military leader, loyal, and he is well respected by our allie's and thoughout the world. Those are the very reasons he was chosen to deliver the speech to the UN rather then the ambassador. It's too bad Powell wasn't allowed to voice his "own" opinion on the situation. It's a well know fact he favors containment rather then war.

He was used by the administraion, because he is respected and can speak without angering the rest of the world. Bush and Rumsfeld can't put together a complete sentence between the two of them that doesn't show their idiocy, the two men just simply can't speak without :filtered: someone in Europe off. That isn't the way to gather support.

Powell is the logical choice to push the issue, it isn't an easy task he has been givin, but I think he handled it extremely well. He is the voice of reason from the US, if anyone can convince our allies this needs to be done, it is him.

Saddam? Well, he makes me about as nervous as a single ant running around in the backyard, not much of a threat. After we bomb the hell out of Iraq, we will have stirred all the ants in the nest. One ant alone is harmless, but when the whole nest is stirred, they have the potential to cause great harm. After we do this thing in the mideast, be prepared for widespread terrorist attacks again, both here in this country, and abroad, against us and our allies.

I believe it's time for Saddams reign to end, but not at the cost the administration wants. There are other ways to acomplish the removal of Saddam ( assasination comes to mind). When we do wage this war, I hope we stay there in force afterwards. The way we did after WWII, it is the only way to assure more lunatics don't come to power.

As for Powells speech, I think the man is brilliant, well spoken, a great military leader, loyal, and he is well respected by our allies and thoughout the world.

Right Bruce. Blair is a fairly good speaker but Powell leaves him for dead. However, he has made his pitch over this and , no matter what his private views, he is taking us into an aggressive war. I really hope that they can come up with some conclusive proof before it starts because aggression doesn't suit the Allies one bit.

Interesting discussion. I want to answer all of it but I am not as expressive as you folks!

Why haven't they used them yet? The delay is bothering me more than anything. If I knew I was going to be attacked would I not get my defense established? :erm::huh:

Bruce, the leader of the ants has already gathered, educated, and financed his group of ants to attack the United States three times that I know of. A mad man can be very cunning. Oh, we tried to assisinate him but a few of our fellows did not accomplish the task. :angry::angry:

I dislike the terror of war but I do believe in protecting our country. Before we committed ourselves to WW11, we lost many ships on our own eastern coast line by one Soviet submarine. I hope we do not repeat the history of being overly cautious that the soil of the US is at risk of being compromised. :blushing::(:huh:

I am supportive of President Bush and his cabinet. Today he spoke of his commitment in the development of alternate methods of producing energy (ie fuels for autos). :mrgreen:

Another question: What is this about taking smallpox vaccines? Smallpox is contagious and very accesible for mis-use. Just beware. :( :help:

firstly to Wendy

weve already had WW2 this is gonna be the war to end all wars as the UN are going to back this 75% if the french dont want to help then so be it but the reason the french aint involved is they sold iraq most of their weapons.

and it's up to us brits again to come in and help (sorry i have a BIG argument about pearl harbour) youve all seen the film how the americans managed to win that one well sorry to :filtered: on your fire but you WILL find us brits were there too and once again we were there for Afghanistan ..... BUT my main annoyance is ???????? WHERE are the Usa when the IRA blow up London???? :help: us there as it is still Terrorism

Sorry I will get off my soap box now...

Open to critisimn of course ;)

Edit: I agree with volt but i'm the poor sod thats gotta go out there i WILL let you all know how bad it is out there but for now i'm just waiting for my 48 hour call up...

Coops

:nospys:http://grc.com/optout.htm :nospys:

Guest fragged one

youve all seen the film

as if the film was historically accurate in any sense. :erm:

the fact is, most of the un supports us, screw the french. the french don't even care if they're invaded, they'll just wait on the sidelines eating sandwiches until the usa and uk save their :filtered:. not only did france sell most of their weapons to iraq, they get most of their oil from iraq, as well as other business deals. they're making money off of saddam, of course they don't want to go in.

well said fragged 1,

Glad u mentioned the uk there i know the movies glorify things but we brits always get left in the lurch when it comes to crime bashing.. at least i do my best for gator and spyware bashing but saddam is a wee bit worse than gator(only a wee bit mind u) but i still hope to bring back his ears so i can get the P4 ive been PROMISED (you know who you are :lol: )

Coops

:nospys:http://grc.com/optout.htm :nospys: