Sign in to follow this  
Carlton

Marines to France

State of Emergency Declared in France

Nov 08 9:28 AM US/Eastern

By JAMEY KEATEN

Associated Press Writer

PARIS

President Jacques Chirac declared a state of emergency Tuesday, paving the way for curfews to be imposed on riot-hit cities and towns in an extraordinary measure to halt France's worst civil unrest in decades after 12 nights of violence. President Bush May Send Up To 5 Marines for French Assistance.

President Bush has authorized the Joint Chiefs to begin drawing up a battle plan to pull France's :filtered: out of the fire again. Mr. Bush doubts France's ability to hold out since they are facing an apparent overwhelming force of up to 400 :filtered: off teenagers.

"Hell, if the last two world wars are any indication, I would expect France to surrender any day now", said Bush.

Joint Chiefs head, Gen. Peter Pace, warned the President that it might be necessary to send up to 5 Marines to get things under control. The general admitted that 5 Marines may be overkill but he wanted to get this thing under control within 24 hours of arriving on scene. He stated he was having a hard time finding even one Marine to help those ungrateful :filtered:s out for a third time but thought that he could persuade a few Women Marines to do the job before they went on pregnancy leave.

President Bush asked Gen. Pace to get our Marines out of there as soon as possible after order was restored. He also reminded Gen. Pace to make sure the Marines did not take soap, razors, or deodorant with them to France. The less they stand out, the better.

:lol:

God Bless the French and France, without their help in defeating the British navy in our war of Independence we may still be a British Colony.

We still to this day, and always will be in debt to them. :tup:

God Bless the French and France, without their help in defeating the British navy in our war of Independence we may still be a British Colony.

We still to this day, and always will be in debt to them. :tup:

Right on. :tup:

Really? What's all that :filtered: about them not fighting alongside all of us in Iraq??

They signed a pact to help defend us and other NATO countries in the event that we were attacked by an aggressor.

When did Iraq ever attack or invade us? :lol:

They never signed or vowed to help us aggresively invade another country, with no good reason, or a cause they don't believe in. :blink:

Well gee, I wonder if a foriegn army was flying over our country if we would shoot at them. :lol:

When did Iraqi planes fly over the US attacking us? ;)

It would seem to me, that our planes over their coutry is not them attacking us, but the opposite. :huh:

Well gee, I wonder if a foriegn army was flying over our country if we would shoot at them. :lol:

that was a pretty ignorant statement bruce

but I dont nor have I ever had a problem with the French not supporting the war in Iraq (or the war on terror that extensively) I do have a problem with the way they went about it but then again Im sure the feelings are mutual.

This thread needs to be locked before it gets ugly

I dunno, Bruce. Of all the alleged reasons for war, at least this one is true--they did shoot at our planes.

Probably not a good seller, not enough oomph. The American people might not have thought that created a real compelling a reason to go to war--certainly not as compelling as having a nuclear threat hanging over them. After all, Mexicans are shooting at Border Patrol Agents down along the border, but the neocons aren't planning to invade Mexico (I hope).

The French have been very good fighters throughout history, before the 11th century France was virtually unstoppable. Also during the Napoleonic period France was very powerful. They have undoubtably suffered several losses, such as the Battle of France against the Germans. However they beared much of the brunt of an early German attack that would have surely crippled most countries.

The United States has suffered some great losses in war as well as France, so I hardly think they are ones to speak out against the French. Just for your information I would give Great Britian the honour of most courageous army. They have an amazing military history and have trained some damn good armies. The Australians and Canadians were basically thrown into battle during WW1 and prevailed in almost every battle. Infact Canada is the country with the largest English speaking population to never surrender in battle. Canada also has the largest French population to never surrender.

Like I have said before, if the French knew they were indebted to the United States forever then I am certain they would have declined the help. You never see Russia, Great Britain, Australia, Canada, and India crying about helping the French.

If you care to remember, probably not, the French held off the Germans during WW1. They lost many soldiers but fought valiantly against the Germans despite taking the brunt of the German army.

Maybe one should be educated on a subject before he speaks out on it :rolleyes:

Something tells me they're chicken, because they have lost most of the wars that they got caught up in already.

And they were afraid to go to Iraq to lose another war ...

Hmmm. :blink:

Iraq? You mean Vietnam II?

Despite Chirac stating that history doesn't repeat itself, it appears his actions speak louder then words. Chirac is not a smart man at all, and he even realized that this was a lame horse to begin with. I would rather be a chicken defending my morals, then be a coward giving into pressure.

Canada also has the largest French population to never surrender.

replace largest with only

If you care to remember, probably not, the French held off the Germans during WW1

they commited suicide for the most part because their military plans were assinine

The United States has suffered some great losses in war as well as France

Has any country ever been to war and not suffered great loss?

Has any country ever been to war and not suffered great loss?

I mean actual losses though, there are countries that have won every battle they have been involved in, such as Canada. You would be hard pressed to find someone that will say Vietnam was a victory for the US.

a battle is hardly on the same magnitude as a war, and vietnam was hardly a war in the sense that the US gave everything it had...it was in fact hindered by political decisions from the get go, as is Iraq.

a battle is hardly on the same magnitude as a war, and vietnam was hardly a war in the sense that the US gave everything it had...it was in fact hindered by political decisions from the get go, as is Iraq.

A loss is a loss, no matter the reason why you lost. Call it a war, a battle, a conflict, a police action... call it whatever you want, we all know what it really was.